Sharing a Review!

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Hey Everyone; I'd like to share one of many Emails I or one of my distributors have received about my book and DVD in Europe!

Sent to me this morning.

Dear Mr. Beard,
My name is Eric and I live in Norway, and I have a feeling that you might remember me.

Thanks for your last shipment and double thanks for the book Position Play by your friend Bill Smith.
It is a hoot ! It has been a while since I have laughed out loud at my own amazement ! What a great book and a good teacher your friend Bill is !
Absolutely all of the stuff I have bought from you has been first class quality material, not forgetting to mention your own works, of course, which has served me well in understanding how to bank shots.

The Billiard Federation here has recently changed their Web site and there is now a special section for Carambole in their Forum for players.
Someone there asked if anyone knew of any books in English about Carambole. Of course I had to mention "Position Play" and highly recommended, it as it deserves.
Frustration over a lack of good books on the subject, in English, seems fairly large.
I would seriously hate to see you lose money due to the extra expense of sending your products to Scandinavia and Europe. So I hope that you can remedy this problem before the orders start coming in.
Not that I can promise a large number of sales as Carambole is not played very much here in Oslo i but there are several clubs here and in other cities, where they play nothing else but Carambole. AND once word of mouth gets going.... there is no telling how successful this excellent book will sell all over Scandinavia.
Gratefully Yours,
Eric

From Eric in Norway

Hello Freddy,
No problems ! $12 has been sent to you through pay pal.
I am having a whale of a time learning how to play 3 cushion billiards thanks to your friend's book, Position Play by Bill Smith. I wrote you a mail about this earlier, but will repeat myself in case you didn't get it.
The Norwegian Billiard Federation have recently upgraded their web site and there is now a special section for Carambole.
It seems that there are a lot of books on the subject in French and Belgian and none in English. So, I have written a glowing report on Mr. Smith's excellent book.
Dividing the table into sections and zones helps immensly and I am now capable of figuring out how to score and play position, in most situations. His advice on what kind of stroke and effects it produces is helping me develop my own stroke and this will definitely help me in my ordinary pool game as well.
Once knowledge of this very instructive book gets round I cannot see any reason why you should not have a relatively large increase of sales to Scandinavia.

Mr. Cuelemans book Mr.100, where he tries to explain his Mark System is confusing and difficult to get a hold of.He omits so much in his explanation and diagrams, that it is nearly impossible to understand, for a novice like myself. The president of our Billiard Federation has been kind enough to send me a link that will help me out there, but in no way does it compare with value of Mr. Smith's approach to learning the game.

I think it may be a good idea for you to mention on your site that you will need to charge an additional fee for products shipped to Europe, as not everyone will share my concern about your losing money on the deal.

Sincerely anf gratefully yours,
and may the force be with you,
Eric

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"
http://mr3cushion.com