shane /gentile 72635

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
chris made a bonehead shot with the 8
maybe he was trying to clear the 4? with the 8 but missed it
View attachment 14469

This clearly was a bonehead move. He could have easily cleared the two ball out and followed the cue ball to the end rail and slowly worked himself out of trouble. Great wwyd Larry. One of the best.

P.S. Maybe he was trying to carom the eight ball in off the five ball but hit it very badly.

Last edited:

tucson9ball

Verified Member
From
Tucson Arizona
okay try this folks.

what are your chances being shane say of making the 8 ball and as a result winning the game. how about 35%. maybe a little lower or even maybe higher.

what are the chances of winning the game being down 5 balls and hitting the 13 well and leaving him not much to shoot at. do you think you will win more often than one time in three? with having to make up those 5 balls. you are in effect playing him and spotting him 8 to 3 here. then that is the shot if you take the second positon and i give in to the crowd.

those two % are what you need to evaluate the situation. without those you are shooting from the hip in the dark.

each of us will have different % according to our moving or shooting ability.

For me, if the thought of missing, even remotely, jumps into my head, I'm playing something different. I don't want that thought while I'm down on a potentially win/lose shot. I pass on it and go for a safer shot every time.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
For me, if the thought of missing, even remotely, jumps into my head, I'm playing something different. I don't want that thought while I'm down on a potentially win/lose shot. I pass on it and go for a safer shot every time.
Very, very smart, Chris. I wish I could force myself to do that. It seems like any negative thought while lining up will result in disaster most of the time.:eek:

~Doc

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ

hey Chris look at my post #63, would you try this and report back. thanks Keith