SENIORS ONE POCKET BOGIES BILLIARDS HOUSTON- Sep 29 – Oct 2, 2022

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
Matches start at noon central Sunday!!
7th Annual Bogies Billiards Seniors One Pocket Tournament.
We are down to the final four players.
Gabby Pounce vs Nick Varner quarter final at noon central.
Winner of Nick/Gabby plays Mark Gregory in the semi finals.
Ronnie Wiseman has the Hotseat and waits in the finals.

Copy of Copy of Copy of Copy of A New Design (22).jpg

A New Design (86).jpg

Reactions: lll

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
I guess since it's typically referred to as the Varner wedge, he should be able to use it when he wants :)
It shows 'Weak' confidence in being able to run balls!!!

The average length of his matches was around "5" hrs! Whether it be a race to 4 or 3.

I'm pretty sure Nick's the reason the, 'Grady Rule' was created.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
I wonder what his wedge theory is and how he thinks during a wedge game. Anybody ever see a interview where he discusses this?
I doubt that there is a Real theory behind it. It's just the simplest way to get out of traps, and get an extra inning Only.

Just designed to frustrate the opponent.

Don't get me wrong, if 2 players that are gambling agree to it, OK. But, for a tournament and Live stream it's absolutely Not beneficial.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I do agree with anything that helps speed up slow games in a tourney / stream so I will always be good with them incorporating the Grady rule. I also am in favor of a shot clock if it can ever be enforced other than on the TV table. It would be nice at the Derby or any big tourney if they would make players use some sort of shot clock app on their phones. I'm sure there would be a few disagreements along the way but I think it would help tons in getting that beast of a tourney done quicker!