SENIORS 2024 @ BOGIES

thebaby

Verified Member
This might be a event I want to attend. I will follow this post for all the details.
As soon as I'm done dealing with these little guppies here on the Westcoast. lol
I'm in it, to win it this this time around. Line up ! NEXT .

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
The "Seniors" distinction is just for MC and SS. 65-year-olds can still play a ton...:cool:
Yep Doc, and there are several out there who could snap this off easily…However, they can’t justify it for the cash involved…most of the ones who can still bring it, get appearance fees amounting to considerably more than winning this event pays. Plus in some cases, they get room, board, and travel money, just to show up…. I think it’s a good thing that the purses aren’t so high that a winner is predetermined… March on Bogies, you’re still ACES in my book!

1P Student

Verified Member
Hah! Mine fit as well. I can say that for only a little longer. I'll be able to play very soon. Lol.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Yep Doc, and there are several out there who could snap this off easily…However, they can’t justify it for the cash involved…most of the ones who can still bring it, get appearance fees amounting to considerably more than winning this event pays. Plus in some cases, they get room, board, and travel money, just to show up…. I think it’s a good thing that the purses aren’t so high that a winner is predetermined… March on Bogies, you’re still ACES in my book!
Well, you're right, bro. Most of us circa 80 cannot beat the good 65-year-olds.
If they have a super seniors again (over 70 or 75), Doc might come out of retirement.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i am watching the busty /gomez match right now
gomez ahead 14 -11
but
ray hansen mentioned on the stream that the plan is to play with the grady rules to try and keep the matches moving
no more than 4 ball up table he said

baby huey

Verified Member
I do understand Big Trucks concerns about "The Wedge." But other than the opening match between Varner and Parica the event went pretty well. It finished pretty much as scheduled. So we're getting back to the Grady Rule due to live stream considerations? Well It'll be interesting to say the least.

Reactions: lll

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
I do understand Big Trucks concerns about "The Wedge." But other than the opening match between Varner and Parica the event went pretty well. It finished pretty much as scheduled. So we're getting back to the Grady Rule due to live stream considerations? Well It'll be interesting to say the least.

There were multiple matches that went on for several hours at a time.
The two-set marathon that was the finals didn't end until almost daybreak on Monday.
Because it took so long, the commentators were exhausted and there was no commentary or scoreboard for the final three or four hours of the match.

Rules this year to try and speed up the event

$200 ENTRY
RACES TO 3/3
FINALS ONE RACE TO 4
GRADY RULE-4 BALLS LIMIT UP-TABLE

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
There were multiple matches that went on for several hours at a time.
The two-set marathon that was the finals didn't end until almost daybreak on Monday.
Because it took so long, the commentators were exhausted and there was no commentary or scoreboard for the final three or four hours of the match.

Rules this year to try and speed up the event

$200 ENTRY
RACES TO 3/3
FINALS ONE RACE TO 4
GRADY RULE-4 BALLS LIMIT UP-TABLE
Sounds good. Tell us where and how to send in the entry fee