Senior one pocket tournament this year

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
I should be retired -- but with my wife still working, I am going to try to last until she retires... :oops:
Thank you for the continued support Steve...When I came up with this idea a few years back, it was welcomed by then owner David Richardson and the manager John Rizzo. What followed was an amazing gathering of players in their 70’s because we had the minimum age set for 70 at the 1st tournament. Then here at one pocket.org during the pre tournament discussions there were people who were obviously feeling left out because of their age. They wanted to play... That’s when the idea hit me for an annual members only tournament and that ball picked up momentum among the members here and came to fruition the next year in Nawlins... So it’s safe to say that Bogies, and one pocket.org and it’s many members are far and away the biggest reasons why these two annual events have experienced the success they have over the last few years... I’m very glad that the new owner of Bogies and his “OLD” manager Rizzo want to continue the tradition with the Seniors Tournament at Bogies Billiards in Houston...
They thank onepocket.org and it’s membership for their continued support... ❤️

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Jeff, John called today and said change in scheduling. Last weekend in July. 24 players(possibly 32). $2000 added.

$200 entry. Great host, great event. Will fill up fast.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Jeff, John called today and said change in scheduling. Last weekend in July. 24 players(possibly 32). $2000 added.

They are still undecided Robert, but it’s definitely going to happen... as soon as they figure out the dates where the tournament will work, ( no conflicts ) John Rizzo will let me know and I will post them, along with registration information, phone numbers, etc etc...

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire

Whatever date works is fine with me -- I very much appreciate them committing to this!

OldSchool

Verified Member
They are still undecided Robert, but it’s definitely going to happen... as soon as they figure out the dates where the tournament will work, ( no conflicts ) John Rizzo will let me know and I will post them, along with registration information, phone numbers, etc etc...

Will wearing masks be required by the players while playing?

BrookelandBilly

Verified Member
From
Fair Oaks Ranch, Texas

I thought they might schedule it in the fall to give things a little more time to settle down with COVID. At 65 and older you are more vulnerable even with the vaccine.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Here's a thought, and I'm sure allot of us Sr's might be in the similar situation.
Since matters/life/traveling have opened up, allot of us have our summers already scheduled out for family time....which has been non existent for many.
I'd rather see the event sometime in September/early fall.
The summer surge of travelers will be gone, schools will be in session, and family gatherings will not happen when the school season begins.
Plus....Hendy might join in, and..................It's a little cooler in S. TX.

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
Or, Hardtimes in Sacramento.
Stopped in Hard Times last night, first time since last July.
Tables all recently recovered and the place looking real clean. But then Maria always keeps the place exceptionally clean.
I really love the LED lights they put in a couple years ago - it really opens the room and makes spectating from the bleachers much better.