Senior one pocket tournament this year

TadB

Bogie's in Houston has been hosting it, and adding money, so for now I would say the event is theirs as long as they want to keep it going, since they have been so supportive. This would be something like the 5th or 6th year except for circumstances totally out of their control. A major Texas flood one year that forced a cancel and the pandemic in 2020.
I agree, Bogie's is where it should stay. John Russo and the crew do outstanding job, personally I don't mind driving 1500 miles once a year, looking forward to it.

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
I’d like to attend if for no other reason to meet some of the OP.ORG members but a pre-existing health condition would prevent me from being exposed to tobacco smoke.
Billy, It is nonsmoking during the Seniors tournament. Last time I was there was in December on a league night. I was playing 1pkt

in the 9 ft area. The league players were at the back. I don't think my clothes smelled smoky at all when I got back to my room.

They have a very good ventilation system and my opponents were nonsmokers - that helped.

Anyways, nonsmoking during Seniors. I also like a nonsmoking room - but I am a pool degenerate, would not let that stop me from

playing somewhere if there was some action. And, you will meet a lot of members(older)).

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Billy, It is nonsmoking during the Seniors tournament. Last time I was there was in December on a league night. I was playing 1pkt

in the 9 ft area. The league players were at the back. I don't think my clothes smelled smoky at all when I got back to my room.

They have a very good ventilation system and my opponents were nonsmokers - that helped.

Anyways, nonsmoking during Seniors. I also like a nonsmoking room - but I am a pool degenerate, would not let that stop me from

playing somewhere if there was some action. And, you will meet a lot of members(older)).
Hey Robert, have you played at Stixx and Stones north of DFW?

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Hey Robert, have you played at Stixx and Stones north of DFW?
Jim, No, I haven't. I did stop in 2 weeks ago when I drove to Frisco to pick up my new SW. I think they have six or seven 9 ft Diamonds.

Saw two of my old friends playing there - Randy Goetlicher and Claude Gragg. I understand that young pro, Chris Robinson, will be starting as

house pro on Mar 1st. From Jerry Matchin's room in Ventura. They open at 11: 00 and $10 til 6 or 7. I think it may be hard to get a table if

we do not show up at 11:00. Looks like tables are in great shape.

Jim, give me a call day before. I have a biopsy on 8th, and Dr appt on 3/24. It's hard getting old :D.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Jim, No, I haven't. I did stop in 2 weeks ago when I drove to Frisco to pick up my new SW. I think they have six or seven 9 ft Diamonds.

Saw two of my old friends playing there - Randy Goetlicher and Claude Gragg. I understand that young pro, Chris Robinson, will be starting as

house pro on Mar 1st. From Jerry Matchin's room in Ventura. They open at 11: 00 and $10 til 6 or 7. I think it may be hard to get a table if

we do not show up at 11:00. Looks like tables are in great shape.

Jim, give me a call day before. I have a biopsy on 8th, and Dr appt on 3/24. It's hard getting old :D.
I won’t be free till 5:30pm on March 25. I’ll call you on the 24th. Looking forward to seeing you again. There’s probably going to be at least another evening or two that I’ll be able to play

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Did anyone ever reply to your post?
Ok. I just heard from John Rizzo... He told me that Cody ( the owner ) would like to host the seniors one pocket again this year...
Once again in October, if it does not conflict with any other senior tournaments that are already scheduled. Once again they are adding $2000.00 to the purse and once again it will be a $200.00 entry fee, no cut... all money goes into the prize pool.. free practice day on Thursday prior to the start day on Friday... Calcutta on Thursday night at 7:00 pm... also no cut, 100% goes to players pool...
Tournament is to be limited to the first 24 players to sign up and pay their entry fee... all contestants must be 65, or older, or turn 65 in 2021... looking forward to seeing the old gang again... 👍😁

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Ok. I just heard from John Rizzo... He told me that Cody ( the owner ) would like to host the seniors one pocket again this year...
Once again in October, if it does not conflict with any other senior tournaments that are already scheduled. Once again they are adding $2000.00 to the purse and once again it will be a $200.00 entry fee, no cut... all money goes into the prize pool.. free practice day on Thursday prior to the start day on Friday... Calcutta on Thursday night at 7:00 pm... also no cut, 100% goes to players pool...
Tournament is to be limited to the first 24 players to sign up and pay their entry fee... all contestants must be 65, or older, or turn 65 in 2021... looking forward to seeing the old gang again... 👍😁

I'd probably do that.

Too far away to say for 100% but it sounds good now.

Lou Figueroa

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Fantastic!! Thank you -- thank John, and thank Cody and his wife!!! And, I will see you there!!!!

PS you can even raise the age to 70 lol