Senior one pocket tournament this year

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
maybe you can get the seniors to save there teeth that fall out from age to make it easier
You must be young -- you get older, it's real lol. I've done it from laughing too hard -- which you can only imagine makes it a LOT funnier when you guffaw out your teeth :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

And too damn sticky brownies that I am of course not supposed to eat anyway because of the age-induced diabetes lol.

You cannot win this match!

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Ju Ju bees....

I never did eat Jujubes, but when I went to the movies, I would stop at the bar and get a box of Dots, now and then. I think they were pretty close. I would tell myself that I was going to make them last for the whole flick, and not chew them too much. You can imagine how that plan worked out, but I know now why I craved them. Look at what's contained in them. Almost everything the body needs to maintain good health and nutrition... werk

2021-02-05 23_52_27-Dots (candy) - Wikipedia — Mozilla Firefox.png

warrenr

Verified Member
Will be nice if Bogies in Houston could get the one pocket tournament going for us old guys. It’s a lot of fun visiting will everyone and seeing some great one pocket.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I never did eat Jujubes, but when I went to the movies, I would stop at the bar and get a box of Dots, now and then. I think they were pretty close. I would tell myself that I was going to make them last for the whole flick, and not chew them too much. You can imagine how that plan worked out, but I know now why I craved them. Look at what's contained in them. Almost everything the body needs to maintain good health and nutrition... werk

View attachment 434244
If you got em a little soft and locked 1 down on one of your molars, you'd be GLAD you didn't have crowns. They were like a super glue gel.

Last edited:

lfigueroa

Verified Member
At the movies I was a Rolo man -- and/or the occasional box of Jordan Almonds.

Lou Figueroa

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 0

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
If you got em a little soft and locked 1 down on one of your molars, you'd be GLAD you didn't have crowns. They were like a super glue gel.
It's how I lost one of my old silver fillings when I was a young teenager... chewing the damn thing and it just stuck to it and pulled right out. I have not had them since, too scary.

My wife got us these chewable vitamins now which are exactly like the dots but much softer and do not stick the same thank goodness.

I was more of a skittles guy myself...

Jimmy B

Verified Member
At the movies I was a Rolo man -- and/or the occasional box of Jordan Almonds.

Lou Figueroa

Oh Lordy, Lou.. A roll of those might make opening credits.. It's a tossup ... How many trailers we talking?

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Oh Lordy, Lou.. A roll of those might make opening credits.. It's a tossup ... How many trailers we talking?

The best story about the candy back then was written by Jean Shepard, the same guy whose stories were the basis for "A Christmas Story" the Red Ryder movie and Broadway musical. It's in his book, "In God We Trust All Others Pay Cash" but was also one of his many stories published in Playboy. Here's just the first page:

Lou Figueroa

Tylerbob

Verified Member
From
Chandler Texas
I believe Rizzo outbid himself to get LS John. That was shortly after he bid $600 for me. Neither bet worked well for him. I was in Boogies a few weeks ago. They had every other table covered in plastic for social distancing. Texas Covid numbers are getting better, and occupancy rates should be allowed to increase in Houston in the next week or two. These days it is hard to plan a week in advance, never mind 6-8 months. If it happens I'm in.

Tylerbob

Verified Member
From
Chandler Texas
I was in Boogies a few weeks ago. They had every other table covered for social distancing. I believe Rizzo outbid himself to get LS John. That was right after he bid $600 on me. Neither bet worked out well for him. Covid numbers are getting better in Texas, so hopefully this can happen. If it does, I'm in with dead money.