Senior one pocket tournament this year

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I hope so -- and I agree October seems like it ought to be OK. ...

... unless one of these virus mutations upends the vaccine -- yikes!!

I just signed up for the vaccine here in NH today; it was the first day you could sign up being simply over 65, without necessarily any underlying conditions.

lfigueroa

Verified Member

I just signed up for the vaccine here in NH today; it was the first day you could sign up being simply over 65, without necessarily any underlying conditions.

Gail and I are driving out two hours to get a vaccine this week.

Seems our governor is allocating doses to those outlying counties that voted for him, which would not include STL or KC.

Lou Figueroa

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.

Kentucky the age is 70 and up

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Phoenix would be a good place. Lots of one pocket players and rooms here.
Bogie's in Houston has been hosting it, and adding money, so for now I would say the event is theirs as long as they want to keep it going, since they have been so supportive. This would be something like the 5th or 6th year except for circumstances totally out of their control. A major Texas flood one year that forced a cancel and the pandemic in 2020.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado

I heard, yah gotta be over 70 to sign up early.
And if the field fills with over 70 group first, then the 65-69 group/should be on ''stand by''. LOL
But we still need to card the Pilot. :)

BrookelandBilly

Verified Member
From
Fair Oaks Ranch, Texas
Bogie's in Houston has been hosting it, and adding money, so for now I would say the event is theirs as long as they want to keep it going, since they have been so supportive. This would be something like the 5th or 6th year except for circumstances totally out of their control. A major Texas flood one year that forced a cancel and the pandemic in 2020.
If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Chris at California billiards said he would host a Seniors event with FREE streaming. Since there is no free stream I cannot support a tournament that has PPV. The players do not get any money from the stream unlike a challenge match where the players share in the proceeds. This is not a OPOrg event.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
When you brought in PPV that changed how the average person could view a bunch of old has beens playing one pocket. Why should they be able to have it over any other pool room. I agree with Lenny, there are lots of pool rooms everywhere to host a seniors event with free stream. Fast Eddys in Santa Cruz has agreed to host a Seniors event.

lfigueroa

Verified Member
I believe it should move around.

Otherwise it favors the same geographically situated group of players. IOWs, its always easy-peasy for the TX players. Why not make it equally so for the West, East, and Central players as it moves round?

Frankly, I don't want to hear that, "we have a lot of 1pocket players here" because most of those guys do not participate here. It should always be about the regular onepocket.org participants and not about something that drops in out of the blue that local guys benefit from. And yes, I've heard the argument that it will bring in new members, but really, it never does. Besides all that -- guys like seeing different rooms.

Lou Figueroa

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I believe it should move around.

Otherwise it favors the same geographically situated group of players. IOWs, its always easy-peasy for the TX players. Why not make it equally so for the West, East, and Central players as it moves round?

Frankly, I don't want to hear that, "we have a lot of 1pocket players here" because most of those guys do not participate here. It should always be about the regular onepocket.org participants and not about something that drops in out of the blue that local guys benefit from. And yes, I've heard the argument that it will bring in new members, but really, it never does. Besides all that -- guys like seeing different rooms.

Lou Figueroa
You know we are talking about the senior event, not the onepocket.org MOT right? We didn't even start the senior tournament, it was started by Bogies in Houston. We have always "packed" it though lol. And we have heavily promoted it here. But Bogies came up with the senior event idea and added money from the beginning. Otherwise I would also be in favor of moving it around, the way we do with our own MOT. I definitely believe that moving around the MOT has added new members. It has done that everywhere, except not so much in Philly -- but that was essentially because of a misunderstanding ;)

lfigueroa

Verified Member
You know we are talking about the senior event, not the onepocket.org MOT right? We didn't even start the senior tournament, it was started by Bogies in Houston. We have always "packed" it though lol. And we have heavily promoted it here. But Bogies came up with the senior event idea and added money from the beginning. Otherwise I would also be in favor of moving it around, the way we do with our own MOT. I definitely believe that moving around the MOT has added new members. It has done that everywhere, except not so much in Philly -- but that was essentially because of a misunderstanding ;)

Yes, of course I got what tournament is the point of discussion.

OK, so they started it up. Kudos. And now it may be time to move it around. It's a good concept and I believe it should be more easily accessible to members in other parts of the country. Remember, we're talking about the old farts and getting those walkers with the tennis balls on the front legs is not so easy.

Lou Figueroa