Seeking quotes for Final 'Encyclopedia' of Pool Hustlers Tributes

cat adami

The Tribute section of the deluxe edition of Freddy the Beard's Encyclopedia of Pool Hustlers has unexpectedly grown with the size of the "Tribute" section at the very end where we've compiled a list of almost 50 players/pool hustling history folk who have passed away since 2012.

The INCREDIBLE AND THOUGHTFUL Mary Kenniston has provided most but I am still looking for at least one quote on these:

1. Patcheye
2. Country
3. San Jose Dick
4. Donnie Anderson
5. Larry Price
6. Ronnie Allen
7. Paul Brusloff or "Jew Paul" in the book(my apologies - not trying to offend but you might not know him by his birth name!)

Honoring people and solidifying their place in history would be important to my Dad so I want to do this right.
THANKS!!!

cat adami

And I need by tomorrow at 5 so I may send final to printer!!! THANK YOU!!!

Fanatic

Verified Member
Hey Cat
Do you have any of your dads banking books handy like
Banking with the beard or Banks that don’t go but go?

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Would love to have helped and I definitely could have, but you gave way too short notice — I’m in Virginia for our MOT until tonight.

PS that was me that provided most of that list. Sorry I didn’t have access these last 4 days to do more.

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
If I can think straight ( just woke up) I’ll try and think of something and even call a couple of people about a couple of those guys.

It’s a tight timeline though.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Its pretty poor planning if you ask me cat
You are taking orders( i did buy one) and now i find out its not even finished
😱😱
Disappointing

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
When Efren was impressing everyone with his one pocket prowess, someone asked Ronnie Allen if he thought he could beat Efren. Ronnie said ‘ He might beat me, but he will be too tired to spend the money’.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Regarding 'Country'. In 1970 Country called Paul Jones and told him to bring me to the Easy Coast for 3C action.
Don't forget to tell Billy, "Make sure you win the first game, or the Best you can do is break even!"

cat adami

Its pretty poor planning if you ask me cat
You are taking orders( i did buy one) and now i find out its not even finished
😱😱
Disappointing
Thank you so much for your order! I did state that they'd ship in 2-3 weeks. It was completed and then Mary sent me FIFTY obits of people who passed away the past decade and I had to add them. I had NO IDEA there would be so many! I've collected quotes for those she didn't write something up for now, so we're all good. I think it's valuable to have the obits in there at the end. My Dad liked honoring people. His entire basement was a memorial to pool players, so I thought it was important. All those pages from Mary I didn't expect threw me for a loop! Hold tight :)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Thank you so much for your order! I did state that they'd ship in 2-3 weeks. It was completed and then Mary sent me FIFTY obits of people who passed away the past decade and I had to add them. I had NO IDEA there would be so many! I've collected quotes for those she didn't write something up for now, so we're all good. I think it's valuable to have the obits in there at the end. My Dad liked honoring people. His entire basement was a memorial to pool players, so I thought it was important. All those pages from Mary I didn't expect threw me for a loop! Hold tight :)
Cat
another way you cam honor your dad
is to resurrect his website as it was with the stories and pool knowledge he was willing to share on it

cat adami

Cat
another way you cam honor your dad
is to resurrect his website as it was with the stories and pool knowledge he was willing to share on it
You are 100% right! That is next on my to-do list! I have the DB just have to clean it up in Shopify which might take me a little while! It was built old school just like him LOL so I'm going to have to do a lot of data entries manually. But I'll be so happy to do it!!!

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
thanks for the reply

cat adami

Hey Cat
Do you have any of your dads banking books handy like
Banking with the beard or Banks that don’t go but go?
whatever you need, let me know. They're all available for purchase on the freddythebeard.com website :)

cat adami

"Hi Cat and Everyone Else. I received my copy of the new Freddie/Cat Encyclopedia. It is awesome in every way. A lot of the pictures in the new version are now in color, and there is much new material and many new photos. If you liked the first one, this new one is even better. A round of snaps to Cat and I recommend everyone buy this great trove of pool history. This and Minnesota Fat's bio are the two best pool books ever." - Logandgriff, AZ Billiards

"I agree 100%. Mine arrived a couple days ago and it's great." - Klingandallen, AZ Billiards

FTB price remains $90 🥰 only $100 on Amazon

It's a HEAVY, gorgeous book - all my Dad. 30 of Helaine Garren's photos. A collector's item!

Order here-around 2 week turn around time now. Thanks!