Scott Frost vs Cliff Joyner - 2010 One Pocket Money Match

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
Hey pool fans. Well I decided to give you guys a Christmas gift and dust this off from the archives in the hard drives. This match was 8 ahead for $6000 with Scott giving Cliff 9/8 on his breaks. I took 15 of the best racks and put together a 2 hour video with scoring and solo commentary over it. We could not upload it with the background music so the original audio has been muted.

It is from 2010 so video quality isn't what we have today obviously but still decent. I hope you guys enjoy it. I would be doing more of these as time allows me to, I have a match from 2008 with Scott and Efren that is a race to 8 that I plan to do something similar with. Like - Share - Subscribe. Merry Christmas.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Hey pool fans. Well I decided to give you guys a Christmas gift and dust this off from the archives in the hard drives. This match was 8 ahead for $6000 with Scott giving Cliff 9/8 on his breaks. I took 15 of the best racks and put together a 2 hour video with scoring and solo commentary over it. We could not upload it with the background music so the original audio has been muted.
Nice of you to post this up for us! I remember the match very well because I sat there at the Billiard Club and watched several hours of it live with you. Cliff had just rushed down to Mobile from a tournament up in Jackson, Miss., so he was a little tired. Still there was some real creative shooting from both of them. I'll tell you a funny story after everyone has had a chance to see your vid.

Cheers!

~Doc

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Thanks Lenny, its a pleasure to see 2 players that don't take all day to shoot the obvious shot. Too many of todays players waste so much time I can't stand watching them. Happy Holidays and I hope to see you up in Phoenix when this virus thingie is over. Keith fro Tucson

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
There was an epilogue to this contest. The pool room owner, "Bear", was backing Cliff. When Cliff lost, Bear wrongly suspected that Cliff had dumped him in the match. He immediately 86'd Cliff from the pool room and told him never to come back. And I believe Cliff was still living in Mobile then. However Cliff was eventually allowed back in, although I don't happen to know if Bear ever forgave him, despite the fact that Cliff was totally innocent. In the match Cliff had played slightly below his normal because of fatigue, but Frost was simply too tough for him in any case.

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
There was an epilogue to this contest. The pool room owner, "Bear", was backing Cliff. When Cliff lost, Bear wrongly suspected that Cliff had dumped him in the match. He immediately 86'd Cliff from the pool room and told him never to come back. And I believe Cliff was still living in Mobile then. However Cliff was eventually allowed back in, although I don't happen to know if Bear ever forgave him, despite the fact that Cliff was totally innocent. In the match Cliff had played slightly below his normal because of fatigue, but Frost was simply too tough for him in any case.
Yes I remember Bear being really hot about it after the match ended and had some choice words for Cliff that I actually won't repeat here. There was no funny business in that match. Scott was playing really well during that time as we all know. Scott in his prime and Cliff on the decline.

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
Thanks Lenny, its a pleasure to see 2 players that don't take all day to shoot the obvious shot. Too many of todays players waste so much time I can't stand watching them. Happy Holidays and I hope to see you up in Phoenix when this virus thingie is over. Keith fro Tucson
Will be nice to see you again buddy. Hope you are well too.

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
Glad everyone is enjoying this match. I am working on getting a match from 2008 with Frost and Efren online and also the $200,000 Frost vs Orcollo match. Will take a little time as its pretty time consuming to do. The background music is the issue so a voice over or just muting it is probably what is best. With Frost vs Orcollo it is a 3 day match so I doubt I will be doing a voice over of it. Would people still watch if the audio is muted?

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
the commentary on the frost orcollo match is fantastic I think it was chris gentile for a lot of it and it would be a shame to lose

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Glad everyone is enjoying this match. I am working on getting a match from 2008 with Frost and Efren online and also the $200,000 Frost vs Orcollo match. Will take a little time as its pretty time consuming to do. The background music is the issue so a voice over or just muting it is probably what is best. With Frost vs Orcollo it is a 3 day match so I doubt I will be doing a voice over of it. Would people still watch if the audio is muted?
Absolutely!
Love your commentary but I will survive!
Glad to see you posting again Lenny

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
the commentary on the frost orcollo match is fantastic I think it was chris gentile for a lot of it and it would be a shame to lose
Yes it is. I just fear the jukebox music will have copyright issues on YouTube. I offered it for sale on USB thumb drives for a little while. It is alot of pool, great play and commentary plus playing for some serious coin. I might take a chance putting it up as is but would not be surprised if it gets blocked on there because of background music.

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
Absolutely!
Love your commentary but I will survive!
Glad to see you posting again Lenny
Thanks bud. I am trying to get myself back into the game. Working on it watching Accu-Stats videos, putting out pool stuff on my channel and hitting some balls around more often. Working on getting a new cue soon too.

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
Yes it is. I just fear the jukebox music will have copyright issues on YouTube. I offered it for sale on USB thumb drives for a little while. It is alot of pool, great play and commentary plus playing for some serious coin. I might take a chance putting it up as is but would not be surprised if it gets blocked on there because of background music.
yep I would recommend buying this from you to any one. I learned a lot from this match and commentary and really think it is a pretty amazing match

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
yep I would recommend buying this from you to any one. I learned a lot from this match and commentary and really think it is a pretty amazing match
Thanks for the kind words. It really is amazing. Dennis came with some unbelievable shots when Scott put him in bad spots and Scott lost more then a handful of games being up 6 or 7 balls to like 1 or 2. Dennis would steal games away where Scott was big favorite to win. Was exciting and the pre-match interviews are on YouTube and they are pretty good.