Scott/Chip

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
BTW.. Good job on the stream and commentary TVMike. Came off pretty darn good for getting surprised and driving cross country for a big match like this...
You hung in like a trooper doing long hours of commentary too which was appreciated.

I liked the ball cameras for scorers, the up table wedge ball cameras and very little if any rolling banners....

I think it would be cool to have overhead uptable wedge cameras that were set up to view hits as it seems that's where most of the bunting is...

Reactions: lll

sheldon

Verified Member
From
Springfield Oregon
The last game turned when Scott scratched after making the 3 ball in his pocket when he was stuck in the wedge. One of those rolls that you wish you could have back!

Thecoats

Well-Known-Member
From
Kansas City, MO
The last game turned when Scott scratched after making the 3 ball in his pocket when he was stuck in the wedge. One of those rolls that you wish you could have back!
You could see that scratch as a possibility, either directly in like it went or off the ball by Chip's pocket. Back cutting that ball like Scott did was going to result in the cueball coming straight down table off that three ball cluster he was basically shooting the cueball directly into. They don't have the replay for the last session up yet, once they do I will try to get a screen shot.

Having scratched many, many times when coming with a shot when you are up against it I could feel Scott's pain on that one. Scott had another brutal scratch in the side pocket a little earlier that turned another game.

Thecoats

Well-Known-Member
From
Kansas City, MO
They still have the last game on the Omega Billiards Facebook page so I grabbed a screen shot. The ball by Chip's pocket was further away then I was recalling. Chip truly came with a lot of great shots those last two games.

Image 10-24-21 at 7.34 AM.jpg

Thecoats

Well-Known-Member
From
Kansas City, MO
They wouldn't need to beatle...if...there was a nice big saver negotiated 🎃
Looks like someone forgot to get their part of the "big saver" on their way out the door. Maybe there is a clandestine meeting later. I have known Chip and Joey since they were kids and don't recall either ever being involved in any "Business".
Screen Shot 2021-10-24 at 7.58.03 AM.png

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Back in the day, whenever there were 2 guys who knew each other were in the finals, it seemed they would always "save" something. That way, if you lost, you didn't lose as big of a margin as you did if you didn't save. I know it's different in gambling and I respect both players so I don't think they would actually do that.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
They still have the last game on the Omega Billiards Facebook page so I grabbed a screen shot. The ball by Chip's pocket was further away then I was recalling. Chip truly came with a lot of great shots those last two games.

View attachment 436843
At the time i think scott was ahead
I thought it was a ballsy shot choice before he shot it

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
The little I watched, it appears that Chip has better, 'Exact' CB control than Scott!
IMO, Chip was spotting Scott right out of the gate, 'Homecourt' /town/room/ table. It has to be worth a game or 2 in this race.

Big$ matches are always going to have the dark cloud of, 'business' looming! In Detroit, on many high $ matches, 'Taking off the railbirds' was prevalent! Especially when certain 'birds' wouldn't kick a 'jelly' to the winning player or to the house, (Gil Elias)! Instant Karma!

Last edited: