Scott/Chip

Jimmy B

Verified Member
When play resumed today, Scott took a break before the first game was even completed..(It was a pretty long game).....

sneakynito

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
Don't agree with all the ire.
I've always viewed getting to watching these gambling matches as just that. Getting to watch high stakes gambling.
Never felt like they were gambling for me to watch.
These guys are playing for a lot of money, and they don't really owe me a dang thing because i decided i want to watch them do it.

Why should they change how they play because people want to watch? Can you imagine sitting on the rail and saying 'hey no more breaks I have places to be!'
And to bolster pool entertainment is a poor argument.
Like it or not one pocket isn't going to sneak on ESPN in between cornhole and bowling any time soon. Let alone a race to 40 gambling match.

I'm not defending Scott or saying it's fun to watch, but you're watching real people play for real money. Accept it for that or stick to accu-stats shotclock matches. Nothing wrong with either, but you're watching each because they are completely different things.
Sure they may hurt their image as someone people might want to watch play, but when how they play isn't to your liking, then don't watch them any more. ie. if Fedor and Orcollo ever match up, i'll probably queue up my youtube paint drying playlist instead.

Just my $.02.

Last edited:

Greyghost

Verified Member
From
Lafayette, LA
Don't agree with all the ire.
I've always viewed getting to watching these gambling matches as just that. Getting to watch high stakes gambling.
Never felt like they were gambling for me to watch.
These guys are playing for a lot of money, and they don't really owe me a dang thing because i decided i want to watch them do it.

Why should they change how they play because people want to watch? Can you imagine sitting on the rail and saying 'hey no more breaks I have places to be!'
And to bolster pool entertainment is a poor argument.
Like it or not one pocket isn't going to sneak on ESPN in between cornhole and bowling any time soon. Let alone a race to 40 gambling match.

I'm not defending Scott or saying it's fun to watch, but you're watching real people play for real money. Accept it for that or stick to accu-stats shotclock matches. Nothing wrong with either, but you're watching each because they are completely different things.
Sure they may hurt their image as someone people might want to watch play, but when how they play isn't to your liking, then don't watch them any more. ie. if Fedor and Orcollo ever match up, i'll probably queue up my youtube paint drying playlist instead.

Just my $.02.
Agreed it’s a gambling match the players playing make all decisions between themselves they make their own rules….if it were a tournament things would be differient And I’d side with the stream buyers. But not in a gambling match….the world Wide rail just got to suffer lol lol

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I live in a rural area and my internet is less than stellar. Last night I could not get it to sustain the stream. But I should be able to catch some of what I missed watching the loop channels until my permission runs out. Thank you for the updates!

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
30-25... Chips going to have to make a early run tomorrow to have a chance.
Don't tell Chip, because I'm betting on Scott lol, but it looks to me that Chip's strategy should be twofold -- first off, get the room to let them continue after closing, and from game one tomorrow look to force every game uptable until Scott starts his midnight slide.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Don't tell Chip, because I'm betting on Scott lol, but it looks to me that Chip's strategy should be twofold -- first off, get the room to let them continue after closing, and from game one tomorrow look to force every game uptable until Scott starts his midnight slide.
They do stay open until 2am on Friday. Maybe that will help.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Sneakynito, your point is well taken, but the players need to have some regard for the goose that lays the golden egg.
Promoter$ have to like what the railbird$ like.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
They worked out the closing time deal so quiting early isn't a issue now.
They need a ref so issues that came up last night don't continue.
Seems Scott is never wrong when it comes to bad hits, fouls on either player or the rack...

BRLongArm

Verified Member
It is just a gambling match until the players accept appearance money from the streamer. Once they do that, the players have to consider the people who are paying for the stream. We aren't railbirds who are just watching a match. We are the REASON that the players get appearance fees on top of what they are gambling. Nowadays, most players get $2,500-$5,000 each to just play for the stream. So part of professionalizing any sport is standardizing rules. And some of the rules should be that smoke breaks happen between games, and are limited in duration. That except for bathroom breaks, all breaks should be scheduled and explained to the viewing public. That nobody can take a break when the opponent is at the table. These are three rules that could be implemented and we would not have all these unscheduled breaks that slow down the match and keep the East coast up till 3 am. Now if you don't like the rules, don't take the appearance fees and just play in the dark, and nobody will care who is winning, or how good you played. Once players agree to play for the stream, it is not just a gambling match; it is entertainment and it should be streamlined and professionalized accordingly. Our sport will not progress unless these reforms are implemented.

TvMike

Verified Member
WE ARE IN THE SOUTHWEST & THIS IS THE BIG BURRITO
Race to 40 for $100k

TvMike here reporting from Phoenix Arizona.

Going into the final day Frost leads Compton 30 to 25. Last night due to the management of Fast Lenny the players were able to finish the initial obligation to play till someone got to 30 games.

One thing is for certain this is the only day that really matters. Scott has a 5 game head start what it comes down to is Chip Compton needs to outplay, outshoot, outsmart and grind out 15 winning games before Scott can do the same with only 10 games to win the cash.
The atmospheres intensity is sharpening to a razor and you can feel the momentum virtually in the air. Allowable gamesmanship creeps in and the players decide to take a break or a breather any time they please. The spectators and backers have been watching for 3 days and they know good play and execution when they see it, the sound of applause can be heard physically and virtually.

I appreciate everyone who has got the feed and helped out with anything during this adventure. The players don’t care if were here producing or not really although they do get compensated so we can peer into the world of high stakes pool and gambling. I was asked to come out LAST MINUTE and Scott’s friends and locals were asked if they wanted to help commentate to donate their time. I’m just here regardless to produce everything, however I can never let the show go unmanned and that’s just who I am. I’d like to think that even my knowledge of the game is passable most the time however I’ve been calling the wrong pockets sometimes LOL as I say. I have been on little sleep and focus, the hot arizona sun blazes in my room at 7:30 in the morning and I can’t sleep in from the late night the night before. It’s a grueling grind much like it is to play such a match. Today I managed to get a few more hours sleep and I am resharpened I hope to finish this production out on a higher note.

Thank you to everyone sincerely.

Come join us to see the Chipper and the Freezer locked in the box for the final day!

www.omegabilliards.com

I wouldn’t be lying if I didn’t overhear the words “Lets Back it and Jack It”
LMK I’ll be around.

Attachments

• screen4.png
    screen4.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 8

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I was just re-watching some of day 2 that I missed and game 32 (score 18-13) had rather a bizarre finish. With both players having 5 balls, and 5 left on the table, it certainly appeared that Chip just missed a two railer hit with very good speed -- but to Scott's pocket!! Scott popped that ball in and got cut shape for his 7th ball too, which he pocketed. But just a few shots later on a simple safety, Scott miscued and missed the object ball entirely. That left him needing two, and with the shot he happened to leave Chip on the miscue, Chip ran out the 3 balls he needed to win that game. The announcers were a bit oblivious when Chip shot at the wrong pocket, but they did notice the miscue lol.

BTW, this is the first time I have seen the replay loops are viewable on demand, at your own time and pace -- including the ability to rewind, fast forward, etc. That is a HUGE upgrade that I wish PoolActionTV would adopt -- and I don't see why he couldn't since both these streamers are using the same adiovideoweb secure viewing portal. Anyway, this is a BIG plus in my opinion, and even if you have not bought the stream and we are down to the last day, you might want to pull the trigger -- you can watch at your leisure until the 28th I believe.

Anyway Ray Hansen, the cat,s out of the bag now -- I can see you could offer this too, in your loop channels :)

TvMike

Verified Member
I was just re-watching some of day 2 that I missed and game 32 (score 18-13) had rather a bizarre finish. With both players having 5 balls, and 5 left on the table, it certainly appeared that Chip just missed a two railer hit with very good speed -- but to Scott's pocket!! Scott popped that ball in and got cut shape for his 7th ball too, which he pocketed. But just a few shots later on a simple safety, Scott miscued and missed the object ball entirely. That left him needing two, and with the shot he happened to leave Chip on the miscue, Chip ran out the 3 balls he needed to win that game. The announcers were a bit oblivious when Chip shot at the wrong pocket, but they did notice the miscue lol.

BTW, this is the first time I have seen the replay loops are viewable on demand, at your own time and pace -- including the ability to rewind, fast forward, etc. That is a HUGE upgrade that I wish PoolActionTV would adopt -- and I don't see why he couldn't since both these streamers are using the same adiovideoweb secure viewing portal. Anyway, this is a BIG plus in my opinion, and even if you have not bought the stream and we are down to the last day, you might want to pull the trigger -- you can watch at your leisure until the 28th I believe.

Anyway Ray Hansen, the cat,s out of the bag now -- I can see you could offer this too, in your loop channels :)
Lol billiardnet.tv has had on demand video auto recording and 10k video library since it's inception. I think av is weak aS hell honestly.