S. Daulton vs. R. Martin 1998 W.O.P.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
It's game 1 and Shannon just broke. It's Ray's shot. What would you do?

P.S. Ducky, obviously you and Ray have different sweater tailors:p

RM's Shot.jpg

CapturedPicture_8.Jpeg

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Applying a straight edge to the overhead shot, I find no way to give him the 4 ball right now. So I will take a scratch and leave him on the long rail on his side of the table, near the short rail. He's welcome to shoot the 6 ball if he likes. Having no ball near my pocket, this is a kind of lame response, but I don't see anything better. I don't think I will like my next shot, either, but I can hope. It can't be much worse.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i think the angle is too steep to do this but since ray knows how to carom the ball from his straight pool eperience this is a stretch but he might try this
sm1.png

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
this is what i would realy do
View attachment 5469
Larry, I like your first option better of going through the one ball with the cue ball to make the four ball.
The option of kicking the four ball in is too difficult because the target is too small and speed is critical.
Taking a scratch by shooting the cue ball up table is just to buy some time and hope that your opponent will make a mistake. A good player will most likely make the situation worse for you. I believe the four ball must be dealt with now.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
It's game 1 and Shannon just broke. It's Ray's shot. What would you do?

P.S. Ducky, obviously you and Ray have different sweater tailors !

View attachment 5465

View attachment 5466

And you wonder why I don't play your stupid WEI games...:rolleyes:..I have told you before, that sweater of mine, cost more than YOUR entire current wardrobe..:lol :lol :lol

By the way, dabarber is right again..;)

PS..Why don't you go back 40 or 50 years ? (that way, there would be NO videos for you to prostitute/steal)..

Last edited:

Tennessee Joe6

Verified Member
From
Middle Tennessee
I would thin the 5 ball and leave the cue ball in the upper left corner of the table. I want to wait for a better chance to get the ball out of his pocket.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I would thin the 5 ball and leave the cue ball in the upper left corner of the table. I want to wait for a better chance to get the ball out of his pocket.

No way im letting him shoot at the 6 from the upper left hand corner in this situation. The position of the 4 ball makes it toooo easy to make the 4 ball. Shannon could hit the 6 horrible and still make the 4.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Larry, I like your first option better of going through the one ball with the cue ball to make the four ball.
The option of kicking the four ball in is too difficult because the target is too small and speed is critical.
Taking a scratch by shooting the cue ball up table is just to buy some time and hope that your opponent will make a mistake. A good player will most likely make the situation worse for you. I believe the four ball must be dealt with now.

Me too,good shot.John B.

wow.... frank likes my first shot and john b. like my second shot....:eek:
my hats may not fit me anymore.....:D

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
If there is a clear path to give him the 4-ball off one of the other balls (either the 7 or the 1-ball, that would be my first choice. The other thing I see is to kick softly the long way and try to actually fall behind the 9-ball -- that buys time and if you get lucky behind the 9, might even make Daulton sweat a little.

Attachments

• Greenshot_2012-02-25_21-51-45.jpg
    Greenshot_2012-02-25_21-51-45.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 0

Skin

Verified Member
It looks like the balls are sitting good to follow the cb through the 7 to make the 4 and bank the stripe by the 7 into the 15 by Martin's hole. Bet it was close to a kiss if he shot it. :eek: He's going to get a few if the 15 drops.

Skin

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
There are several options that could work, but none that are appealing.

Play off the 5 ball to the top left corner, or take an intentional to the side rail 1 diamond past the side pocket.

If you can see enough of the 1 ball you can use a high ball with speed and double the rail.:eek:

You can play through the 7 ball and billiard the 4 ball, not easy but if your familar with this type of shot it's a decent option.

You can buy a little time by shooting the 10 ball straight ahead and freeze to the 2 ball. Maybe your opponent will allow you back at the table with an easier escape, it's worth the chance.

Billy I.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
What's next?

What's next?

If there is a clear path to give him the 4-ball off one of the other balls (either the 7 or the 1-ball, that would be my first choice. The other thing I see is to kick softly the long way and try to actually fall behind the 9-ball -- that buys time and if you get lucky behind the 9, might even make Daulton sweat a little.

Now try to imagine what Shannon might do. Drawing the cue ball off of the 1 ball and making the 4 is very obvious and easy to do. If the 1 ball wasnt there it might be a very creative option.

Beard

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
That's right, but...

That's right, but...

No way im letting him shoot at the 6 from the upper left hand corner in this situation. The position of the 4 ball makes it toooo easy to make the 4 ball. Shannon could hit the 6 horrible and still make the 4.

A little trick I would sometimes use was to get my oppo to realize that I was very conscious of the shot I was about to leave, but for some reason or another I really thought it was a good idea. If you have to leave a shot it is much better to get your oppo to think that you did it on purpose, rather than you left it because you had made a mistake. This way you get him to thinking about what was your angle to the shot. Get him to thinking about Gremlins in his Corn Flakes.
I saved that for situations where I knew I would have to leave something, no matter what. If oppo thinks I am purposely doing what I did, it puts a little different cache' on the shot.

Beard
In the course of a session I might put a slew of those little psych-ops on your ass.
Psych-ops was Wimpy's long suit. He not only beat you, he would lobotomize you.