S. Daulton vs. R. Martin 1998 W.O.P.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Steve Lomako's and Skin's shot was the first one I saw an I still think it could be strong with the chance to make the 15 and go out from there but there is also a risk of a double kiss on the banked stripe. I think Larry's follow-the-one shot is best because its easy to execute and it clears the one and the two balls on the long rail.

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
Steve Lomako's and Skin's shot was the first one I saw an I still think it could be strong with the chance to make the 15 and go out from there but there is also a risk of a double kiss on the banked stripe. I think Larry's follow-the-one shot is best because its easy to execute and it clears the one and the two balls on the long rail.

The way it looks, you have no chance to bank the the stripe towards your hole hitting the 7 and following the cue ball to make the 4.

I like shooting the 7 and following it more than shooting the 1 and following it.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
The way it looks, you have no chance to bank the the stripe towards your hole hitting the 7 and following the cue ball to make the 4.

I like shooting the 7 and following it more than shooting the 1 and following it.

Why? Why do you favor the 7 first as opposed to the 1 first? The reason I like hitting the one first head on and following to make the four is:
1) Ease if execution
2) It clears the 1
3) the 1 ball clears the two balls on the side rail near the pocket.
There is also a potential kiss on the 7. If you look closely, it looks like you are not straight in from the 7 to the 1. Of course, as has been said many times, you can't always be sure of the angles when you are viewing these posted images.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Why? Why do you favor the 7 first as opposed to the 1 first? The reason I like hitting the one first head on and following to make the four is:
1) Ease if execution
2) It clears the 1
There is also a potential kiss on the 7. If you look closely, it looks like you are not straight in from the 7 to the 1. Of course, as has been said many times, you can't always be sure of the angles when you are viewing these posted images.

one more plus is the 1 will go into the stack and move balls to your side

onepockethacker

Verified Member
1) Ease if execution
2) It clears the 1

To make the 4 ball after hitting the 1 ball,Ray has to be able to hit the 1 ball just right of center. I dont think he can see enough of the 1 ball to do what your suggesting

onepockethacker

Verified Member
You could be right. These images are tricky.

I think he has to either shoot the 7 ball into the 4 ball and stun forward if he has the angle to do this. Or he has to shoot the 7 ball off the edge of the 11 ball, clearing both balls and going forward with the cueball to make the 4 ball. In my second shot the 11 might hit off the 14 ball and billiard back to his hole and if he is able to make the 4 ball with the cueball he could reverse the whole situation.
P.S. this is one of those shots you need to be at the table BEHIND the cueball to see exactly what angles you have. There is a few options depending on a millimeter here or there that will decide if these options are playable

Last edited:

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
1) Ease if execution--set up both shots and see which one is really easier

2) It clears the 1--it's not important to move the one yet and it'll block the 15 if you make the 4

3) the 1 ball clears the two balls on the side rail near the pocket.--why would you clear balls that don't go and also prevent banks and straight ins near the rail?

There is also a potential kiss on the 7. If you look closely, it looks like you are not straight in from the 7 to the 1.--there is no kiss on the 7 because it hits the 14 (whatever stripe that is in front of it) and heads to the bottom rail and the 14 heads above the two balls on the side rail that dont go

Of course, as has been said many times, you can't always be sure of the angles when you are viewing these posted images.--correct, which is why I rarely answered these threads

I don't think you can hit the one ball at all anyway (or any way thick enough) so now it becomes...what else?

SJDinPHX

Suspended
A lesson in kindness.and harmony...

A lesson in kindness.and harmony...

You could be right. These images are tricky.

SteveLomako said:
..correct, which is why I rarely answer these threads.

"What they said" !

I find it amazing, that no one has figured out, that Cowboy Denise, and lll's main goal in posting this 'Greenshit'...(usually from the last century)..is to create decension among the huge ego's, residing herein...:rolleyes:

They could care less about finding the right shot, They just like to sit back and giggle, (and start new threads, before they even finish the one they're on)...while feeler's get hurt, insults are traded and former friendships, are ruined for life..(or at least a few days)..:frus

Andrew Carnegie Mc Duck <--Wonders,..."Where is the love"..:confused:

PS..For every correct shot proposed, we now have a horde of AZB rejects, mostly APA 3's...(not you Hacker, you are at least an APA 7)... who are eager to destroy all semblance of common sense, and rob us of our former [sic] harmony and civility !..:(

Last edited:

onepockethacker

Verified Member
"What they said" !

I find it amazing, that no one has figured out, that Cowboy Denise, and lll's main goal in posting this 'Greenshit'...(usually from the last century)..is to create decension among the huge ego's, residing herein...:rolleyes:

They could care less about finding the right shot, They just like to sit back and giggle, while feeler's get hurt, insults are traded and former friendships, are ruined for life..(or at least a few days)..:frus

Andrew Carnegie Mc Duck <--Wonders,..."Where is the love"..:confused:

PS..For every correct shot proposed, we now have a horde of AZB rejects, (mostly APA 3's) eager to destroy all semblance of common sense, and rob us of our former [sic] harmony and civility !..:(

Tap Tap Tap well said Lets just all get along and let me be the first to extend the olive branch to you as a show of friendship.
P.S. look close at your end of the olive branch...thats poison ivy lol

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Ray played many nice shots in this match probably due to his 14.1 knowledge of the stack and multiple ball movements. This was his first:

RM's Shot.jpg

He left Daulton here:

CapturedPicture_4.Jpeg

SJDinPHX

Suspended
just look at post 27 gentleman. From here on in im charging for these lessons.

O.K....As long as they are not $30,000 per lesson...(old joke) :cool:..Hacker, can I get "Ghost's" senior member rate...($3.50 per hr)..:lol

NOTE--LATE EDIT;........ Please cancel my request for lessons......Sorry, but before I learned, how to drink, I was a "past master"..at shooting a wide variety of stupid, idiotic, ill advised "Suicide" Shots... (like yours and RBL's)..:eek:

PS..I would have shot Franks shot, post #35..:p

Last edited: