S. Daulton vs. E. Strickland 2011 D.C.C. #2

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
This is not a good place to be. I don't like playing the combination and hoping for a kiss, and I don't like playing softly off the pink. I could take a two-rail scratch and roll up behind the 1 ball, but SD would just send me back to the same place. So I would hit the 6 in the face and follow it into the area around SD's pocket. The 6 might not hit anything at all, but it would at least be on my side. I don't really like this shot, but I can't see anything better. There isn't always something better.

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Solution

Solution

It's game 5, Earl is up 1-0 and it's his shot. What would you do?

View attachment 4145

View attachment 4146

Earl should play his cueball off the right side of the 5 ball {maybe its the 3 ball I cant tell for sure but its touching the 10 ball}. The cue ball goes to the side rail and falls behind and possibly against the 9 ball. The 10 ball will go into the 14 ball and possibly into the 15 ball moving those balls to his side.

With the cue ball hidden behind the 9 and now balls opened on his side he now has Shannon in a jam. Keith

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Earl should play his cueball off the right side of the 5 ball {maybe its the 3 ball I cant tell for sure but its touching the 10 ball}. The cue ball goes to the side rail and falls behind and possibly against the 9 ball. The 10 ball will go into the 14 ball and possibly into the 15 ball moving those balls to his side.

With the cue ball hidden behind the 9 and now balls opened on his side he now has Shannon in a jam. Keith

The shot looks perfect to me, just pinch the 6, and one rail it into the stack, and follow the cue on down to the short rail..Not all that hard, and could be a real game changer ...:D (just be careful not to scratch..:eek:)

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.

Keith, that's the first shot I saw. It looked lik this to me.
Rod.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 0

bstroud

Verified Member
Lots of shots here but no one mentioned rail first behind the 6 and the cue ball near the end rail behind those 2 balls. Very easy to execute and very safe.

Leaves your opponent shooting away from his pocket.

Bill Stroud

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Lots of shots here but no one mentioned rail first behind the 6 and the cue ball near the end rail behind those 2 balls. Very easy to execute and very safe.

Leaves your opponent shooting away from his pocket.

Bill Stroud

SJD did.

If the qb doesn't end up on the foot rail there will be some banks avaiable.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
SJD did.

If the qb doesn't end up on the foot rail there will be some banks avaiable.

That was not my shot JTP, I am banking the 6, into the stack, and floating the cue ball down to the bottom rail.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
That was not my shot JTP, I am banking the 6, into the stack, and floating the cue ball down to the bottom rail.

Sorry about that SDJ, I was thinking about that shot.

My concern still remains. Froze to the bottom rail is good. Off the rail is not so good.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
sappo said:

The shot looks perfect to me, just pinch the 6, and one rail it into the stack, and follow the cue on down to the short rail..Not all that hard, and could be a real game changer ...:D (just be careful not to scratch..:eek:)

Jeez, I would think that when you went back and deleted your duplicate post you would also realize you "quoted" the wrong post and then agreed with it, incorrectly of course.

Maybe you wanted to quote this post jughead:

vapros said:
This is not a good place to be. I don't like playing the combination and hoping for a kiss, and I don't like playing softly off the pink. I could take a two-rail scratch and roll up behind the 1 ball, but SD would just send me back to the same place. So I would hit the 6 in the face and follow it into the area around SD's pocket. The 6 might not hit anything at all, but it would at least be on my side. I don't really like this shot, but I can't see anything better. There isn't always something better.

RBL

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
....the 6 head on hard and stop the CB right there

USB and myself are shooting a little riskier shot than you guys .:)
Rod.
P.S. If you're shooting to miss everything you might as well follow the CB down.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 0

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Little is right. Earl did not move a ball to his side. Most balls facing Shannon pocket. Several replies available.