Rule question

Cary

Verified Member
From
Bertram, Texas
My opponent owes two. I role a hanger into his pocket. When should it be spotted? Now, at the end of my inning or at the end of his?

Cary

Verified Member
From
Bertram, Texas
That's my vote but I didn't see it in our rules. Just that any balls owed by the shooter are spotted at the end of the his inning.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Well when you followed in with the cue ball, that was the end of your inning. So the ball you followed in, as well as your penalty ball, would both spot right away.

Edit -- okay, you didn't say you scratched lol. But you also didn't say if you made a ball in your own pocket at the same time or not. In any case, at the end of your inning, the ball spots -- the same inning in which you rolled their ball in.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
cary
here is the rule
9.2 Any penalty balls owed by the shooter, or balls pocketed in a neutral pocket, are to be spotted at the end of the shooter’s inning. However, if a player runs off all the balls on the table without reaching a winning score, then all such balls are spotted immediately (all at once, not one ball at a time), and the shooter continues their inning. At no other time in One Pocket are balls spotted during any shooter’s ongoing inning.
i guess since you the shooter are not the one that owes the ball the rule could be confusing
but the penalty ball is spotted at the end the shooters inning

Last edited:

Cary

Verified Member
From
Bertram, Texas
cary
here is the rule
9.2 Any penalty balls owed by the shooter, or balls pocketed in a neutral pocket, are to be spotted at the end of the shooter’s inning. However, if a player runs off all the balls on the table without reaching a winning score, then all such balls are spotted immediately (all at once, not one ball at a time), and the shooter continues their inning. At no other time in One Pocket are balls spotted during any shooter’s ongoing inning.
i guess since you the shooter are not the one that owes the ball the rule could be confusing
but the penalty ball is spotted at the end the shooters inning

It came up while playing my Marine grandson (6'-3", 240#) who questioned my call. He said he'd rather spot it after his inning since he's the one who owed it and with it on the spot he had no shot. Score was 6 to -2 but we did it my way anyway 'cause it's my table. I told him I'd check the rules & thought, well,.......?

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
It came up while playing my Marine grandson (6'-3", 240#) who questioned my call. He said he'd rather spot it after his inning since he's the one who owed it and with it on the spot he had no shot. Score was 6 to -2 but we did it my way anyway 'cause it's my table. I told him I'd check the rules & thought, well,.......?
pretty brave of you to stand up to a marine...:D