Rempe/Mika's Bank!

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
That bank is one of the free banks in 9 ball, that pros always take with a high make %. The obj. ball is entering the pocket with reverse spin allowing the obj. ball to hit waay above the pocket on the long rail and still go. Moreso in rotation pool and one pocket, when this ball is hit with allot of speed, the cue ball comes 3/4 rails and lands on the other short end rail, so it's a two way shot when missed at ''speed'', because the return shot often leaves ball separation with the obj. ball in the middle of the table, cue ball froze to the short rail. I can feel Rempe's pain, especially leaving Mika that very makeable shot on the hill and him again, almost winning the US Open, but he never did. One of the true great/classy players of our time. I'm surprised tho, when he let up on his swing from the 7 to the 8 and jacked himself up. Ugh. Oh well, live and die by the sword. Whitey....Thx for the memories.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Heart breaker for Rempe. He got bad shape on the 8, and couldn't pull the CB down for the 9. Nice bank by Mika-- one that comes up a lot in 1P.
Doc, I was surprised at his shape from the 2 to the 3 ball, I thought he would fo drawn to the foot rail, and then cut the 2 into the 1/2 pocket and come naturally into shape for the 3 and out.

If he would of hit that 9 ball clip shot harder and put whitey one diamond away from the upper corner pocket, there would of been no makeable bank, that battle would of been fun to watch.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I didn't see any bank.. just a break from Mika then bank safety on 1 ball from rempe... is it later on in the match?

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Ahh I didn't make it that far..its 9 ball after all! :cool:
But Rempe's carom off the 9 to the head rail, was a pure 6 pocket/one pocket thinking shot. If he would of struck it properly leaving the cue ball one diamond in, the return shot was waaaaaay more difficult to protect with distance, than any one pocket shot.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
IMHO, several errors were made by both players in the last game! When I can diagram and analyze in depth, I'll post my detailed thoughts.