Remembrance of Things Beloit. Oh, and POV too.

sunnyone

Verified Member
From
nyc
Dear Gentle Readers,

Two recent one-pocket matches. Both involving Dennis Orcollo and both riveting in different ways.

DO hammered the Freezer and later Tony Chohan schooled Dennis on the first day of their four-day fais do-do. Tony hung on to win.

What struck me, though, wasn’t the phenomenal play. Well, it was, but in addition to that was the very fact that I could watch the matches. In real time.

Not that long ago, live streaming was more of a wing and a wish, more experimental than consistent. Early pool streams were often fraught with peril - - freezing, dying, constantly in need of refreshment.

Technological advances, better equipment, on-the-ground experience, bandwidth availability … all have contributed to the progress we witnessed in these two matches.

But beyond the evolution, there had to be will power. From my perspective, Lenny and Daniel were pioneers. Probably, I imagine, at some personal sacrifice. There are certainly more remunerative ways to pass the time.

Well done, boys!

Credit where credit is due is my life,

Sunny

Postscript: Of course what’s wanting on these streams is an unfettered commentator - - someone to illume the atmospherics. Fashion appraisal of course. Plus room and audience descriptives, players’ demeanor and psyches. Probably start and end with psyches.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
players’ demeanor and psyches. Probably start and end with psyches.

Please, no psyches. It's a chincy (you said "fais do-do" so I know you know this one :) ) way to pretend to know what one is only guessing about. Commentators' guesses are no better than those of the spectators, and are more often consistent with often-mythical conventional wisdom than with insight.

"He missed because of the pressure of that ball near opponent's pocket." Yeah, maybe. Or the money, or playing too much cue ball, or not getting his body lined up right before getting down on the shot, or distracted by a noise, or one-stroked it, or, or, or.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Well Sunny, where you been, hon?:confused: I figured you must have finally hooked up with Niels, and were living in bliss in The Hague!..;) Glad to see that you're still kickin'!

~Doc

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
sunnyone
thanks for you "drop in"" to the site...:)
how is your love life ...:)
and btw where are you living now ??
i live in vero beach fl
if you are ever my way
i would be happy to play some pool and take you out to dinner on me..:)

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Hello, Sunny, you rascal. Long time, pal. You show up here twice a year, just to get us old farts breathless and salivating. I think I'll start a rumor - someone told me you weigh 265 and only have four teeth. Is it so? :p

PS Don't you like our new logo?

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Here's a copy/paste of an earlier post/view....

Report Post Old 06-07-2010, 12:42 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

as befits the stately minuet that is one-pocket, i shall attempt to temper my natural motor-mouth tendencies.

i look forward to the dignified dialogue that i am confident is the custom of the esteemed ladies and gentlemen of this forum.

with solemn reserve,

sunny

Welcome back!!!! Cotter :).

sunnyone

Verified Member
From
nyc
I'll say this about that.

I'll say this about that.

(Well Sunny, where you been, hon? I figured you must have finally hooked up with Niels, and were living in bliss in The Hague!.. Glad to see that you're still kicking'!)

Niels is probably still happily married to a perfectly gorgeous wife with several perfectly adorable children. I have no plans to visit The Hague. Unless those baseless charges at the ICC … no, let’s not go there.

xxxxx

(Hello, Sunny, you rascal. Long time, pal. You show up here twice a year, just to get us old farts breathless and salivating. I think I'll start a rumor - someone told me you weigh 265 and only have four teeth. Is it so?)

It’s been four and a half months since I’ve had a comprehensive dental inventory, but there were certainly more than four denticles. Pretty sure. As for the weight thing … I’m starting a diet next week. Or the week after for certain. Dead certain.

xxxxx

(Here's a copy/paste of an earlier post/view....
Report Post Old 06-07-2010, 12:42 PM

as befits the stately minuet that is one-pocket, i shall attempt to temper my natural motor-mouth tendencies.

i look forward to the dignified dialogue that i am confident is the custom of the esteemed ladies and gentlemen of this forum.

with solemn reserve,

sunny)

Hey! Unfair. There should be a statue of limitations on previous posts. In my case, about 10 minutes would do. Probably a statute too.

Sunny