Really IKE?????

Chandler1968

Verified Member
From
Saint Louis
From 1963 till 2004 I can't remember any player from the St. Louis area that CAME to Chicago and got the Cash! That includes a, National 3C Champion!

I'm not going to speak for others, but, I would venture to say, Chris Gentile or even Ike would be willing to make some kind of gambling game. JMO.
I have played Ike recently and watched Chris Gentile on youtube. Both great players. I possibly met you in the 3 cushion nationals in 2006 or 2007 when they held it at the executive west at the same time as DCC.

onepocketman

Well-Known-Member
From
Fairfield, OH
As far as an opinion on this topic, I am already in such poor pool shape I couldn't enter, but I understand that someone appearing to just be working an angle but not really contributing, would be chafing to the regulars.

I try to contribute when I think I can, and often get too long-winded. Thanks to all who do contribute.
And thanks for all your work in ironing out the rules @NH Steve and all the rest who helped! BCA never even returned my email to ask them about some updated OP rules a year ago.

Kybanks

Verified Member
I go to the DCC to compete with whoever I draw. Whether it be a pro or not, I always try to play the table and not the name. I figure the members tourneys would be no different for me. Let em play.

warrenr

Verified Member
Ike is a great guy. Down in Huston this year if he won the tournament we figured he would have cleared $300. His room, gas, food cost him a a lot. I know everyone has the same problem. If he plays just think everyone moves down one on the list. In Houston my son and grandson came down to the pool room and I introduce Ike to them and he sat and talked to them like he new them forever. I got to know Ike at that tournament and what a great guy. All the players In OP.ORG are great people can’t wait to see them in a couple days. Hello Tennessee!

chicagomike

Verified Member
Ike is a great guy. Down in Huston this year if he won the tournament we figured he would have cleared $300. His room, gas, food cost him a a lot. I know everyone has the same problem. If he plays just think everyone moves down one on the list. In Houston my son and grandson came down to the pool room and I introduce Ike to them and he sat and talked to them like he new them forever. I got to know Ike at that tournament and what a great guy. All the players In OP.ORG are great people can’t wait to see them in a couple days. Hello Tennessee!
Looking forward to seeing you Warren…you straight shooting natural stroking son of a gun.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Sh*t!

Turns out I won't be able to play in the MOT. I'm going to come for the 1-ball 0ne pocket Thur nite, but I have to leave on Friday. I'll probably stay for the Calcutta. That's the best chance I'll have to advance my cash distribution program.

chicagomike

Verified Member
Sh*t!

Turns out I won't be able to play in the MOT. I'm going to come for the 1-ball 0ne pocket Thur nite, but I have to leave on Friday. I'll probably stay for the Calcutta. That's the best chance I'll have to advance my cash distribution program.
I’ll give you a little 1b1p action to warm you up for the tournament.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I’ll give you a little 1b1p action to warm you up for the tournament.
Oh, Mike, that's VERY generous, but I'm only bringing $21 and I have to save that for gas money home. (Just curious, is there any connection between "warm you up" and "hot under the collar?")

chicagomike

Verified Member
Oh, Mike, that's VERY generous, but I'm only bringing $21 and I have to save that for gas money home. (Just curious, is there any connection between "warm you up" and "hot under the collar?")
Thank you! That’s just how I’m wired😜I’m only bringing $11 and am hoping to double it…

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I’m only bringing $11 and am hoping to double it…
I started to respond, "Will you take a check?" and that reminded me of a funny from 50 years ago. There was an old dude -- almost 80, I would guess -- who had been some kind of white-collar professional or functionary who hung out all day every day at the pool hall. He seemed reasonably bright, but he had his moments (like Brandon.) He made some kind of wager with somebody for $50, and lost, so he went to the counter man and asked for a check. You probably don't know that back-in-the-day, places of business kept blank checks for each of the banks in town. On a check from the right bank, one could fill in name and account number and the check was as good as any. Anyway, Old Dude asks for a check at the counter, and the counter man asked, "What bank?" (Just remembered Old Dude's name... everybody called him "Lemmers" which I assume was his last name.) So Lemmers said to the counter man, "Oh, hell, any bank ought to be able to handle a check for Fifty Dollars."

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
I haven't posted in a while...but as far as pro's playing....let them come....hell who wouldn't have wanted to play Grady, Artie, The Beard, Dr. Bill Incardone...this might be the greatest pool forum out there...I don't see a problem with a pro meeting the requirements and coming and playing...but I have to agree just to snap it off, and only posting to get there is kind of silly...
I miss the posts by John Brumback, and Shannon Daulton...they are great guys who you can learn alot about the game from...as the others mentioned above...yes they might have personalities but sometimes ya just gotta suck it up watch, learn, and listen...

Hey Lou, you got the first break...lol

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Sorry I'm late to the party on this subject, but I had to find it.

For all you guys that were talking about Quaalude 714s, I thought I'd share a bit of nostalgia. For some reason this has travelled with me from Detroit to Los Angeles to San Jose and to Colorado, I just cant throw it out. This was from the original Quaalude days, Rorer 300s. I'm neither admitting nor denying that I have taken these in the past, but I agree that the 714's were stronger o_O:LOL::ROFLMAO:. My brother took like 9-10 of these and ended up walking through a sliding glass door. He was fine.

If I did indulge, I stopped in 1971. Sorry to derail the convesation again.

P1120277.JPG

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Sorry I'm late to the party on this subject, but I had to find it.

For all you guys that were talking about Quaalude 714s, I thought I'd share a bit of nostalgia. For some reason this has travelled with me from Detroit to Los Angeles to San Jose and to Colorado, I just cant throw it out. This was from the original Quaalude days, Rorer 300s. I'm neither admitting nor denying that I have taken these in the past, but I agree that the 714's were stronger o_O:LOL::ROFLMAO:. My brother took like 9-10 of these and ended up walking through a sliding glass door. He was fine.

If I did indulge, I stopped in 1971. Sorry to derail the convesation again.

View attachment 436913
Cool.

714’s…. AKA.. “Leg-spreaders” lol

chicagomike

Verified Member
I started to respond, "Will you take a check?" and that reminded me of a funny from 50 years ago. There was an old dude -- almost 80, I would guess -- who had been some kind of white-collar professional or functionary who hung out all day every day at the pool hall. He seemed reasonably bright, but he had his moments (like Brandon.) He made some kind of wager with somebody for $50, and lost, so he went to the counter man and asked for a check. You probably don't know that back-in-the-day, places of business kept blank checks for each of the banks in town. On a check from the right bank, one could fill in name and account number and the check was as good as any. Anyway, Old Dude asks for a check at the counter, and the counter man asked, "What bank?" (Just remembered Old Dude's name... everybody called him "Lemmers" which I assume was his last name.) So Lemmers said to the counter man, "Oh, hell, any bank ought to be able to handle a check for Fifty Dollars."
Great story…and I’ll take a check!😂😂😂