Pool player podcast

DOMINATOR

Just watched yesterday the podcast with Scott frost. He talked about his upcoming match with fedor. He’s a class act. Seems like a great guy. And I love how he keeps it real and he’s not afraid too say it like it is

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
great interview
i learned fedor is pronounced "feeder" not "fehdoor" at least scott called him "feeder"
interesting that scott would not say he was going to win....😱

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
great interview
i learned fedor is pronounced "feeder" not "fehdoor" at least scott called him "feeder"
interesting that scott would not say he was going to win....😱
Larry, I think it is closer to "fehdor". With the "o" pronounced like "ah", or the "ou" in ought.
Scott's pronunciation is likely faulty...:cautious:

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Phonetically, if it's Russian - Fyodor. There is a Russian vowel pronounced 'yoh'. It is a fairly common name, the equivalent of Theodore. He is probably tired of explaining, or may have adopted an alternate pronunciation.

Reactions: lll

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
With nothing better to do this evening, I'm going to continue this, and probably just confuse the thing. Let's look at the name - Fedor. The vowel 'e', written here, is English, of course. But if you had a key on your keyboard that could produce two little dots above it, it immediately looks like the Russian letter pronounced 'yoh', and likely was, at some point in someone's translation. I would bet my lunch money that the kid's name is Fyodor. I wish he were here to clear it up. :p

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
With nothing better to do this evening, I'm going to continue this, and probably just confuse the thing. Let's look at the name - Fedor. The vowel 'e', written here, is English, of course. But if you had a key on your keyboard that could produce two little dots above it, it immediately looks like the Russian letter pronounced 'yoh', and likely was, at some point in someone's translation. I would bet my lunch money that the kid's name is Fyodor. I wish he were here to clear it up. :p
Fedor Alekseyevich Gorst (Russian: Фёдор Алексеевич Горст; born May 31, 2000 in Moscow) is a Russian professional pool player.

This is from Wikipedia, and thus not gospel, but they can at least print it in Russian. In Russian it's Fyodor. (y)

Reactions: lll