Players meeting & ideas

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
i think we need a man on the ground (someone local or close to it) to ensure this is all this set up with lacy's. will most definitely need all 15 tables.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
me and budweiser took it upon ourselves to generate a 32 player bracket last night. it assumes race to three on winners side/race to two on losers side. if this bracket/schedule would be used everyone would play 1 game friday evening, start at 11 AM saturday though approximately 10:30 - 11:00 PM. sunday would be down to 2 players on winners side and 4 on losers.

(then again lacy's might have their own TD/brackets in place they wish for us to use....)

this is just an 11x17 print. can get it looking nice and neat blown up 2' x 3'.

IMG_0729.jpg

:)

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
me and budweiser took it upon ourselves to generate a 32 player bracket last night. it assumes race to three on winners side/race to two on losers side. if this bracket/schedule would be used everyone would play 1 game friday evening, start at 11 AM saturday though approximately 10:30 - 11:00 PM. sunday would be down to 2 players on winners side and 4 on losers.

(then again lacy's might have their own TD/brackets in place they wish for us to use....)

this is just an 11x17 print. can get it looking nice and neat blown up 2' x 3'.

View attachment 15192

If DC Cory is able to come he can run it online and put it up on one of Lacy's TVs.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
We need lots more input re Friday night and 32 or 48.

I prefer 48. If Lacy's is willing to give us 15 tables, I think we can do it in two days, but we'd need to start early and play late Saturday. (But the late players Saturday would be losers' bracket so half of them wouldn't have to (get to!) play Sunday.

We could even make 4:00 or 5:00 pm Sunday the start of the last round. Anyone still undefeated after that round collect $X.00 and everyone left with 1 loss collect $1/2X.00 or 1/3X. Maybe no winners' side matches that round; in fact, if there's time, play to the hot seat match and stop on that side... declare co-champs... let the 1 loss guys battle for the last payoffs.

Why not?

This is a forum social. We can have any format we choose. Why not include as many members as possible and spread the prize money out?

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa

This is a forum social. We can have any format we choose. Why not include as many members as possible and spread the prize money out?

i havent even made my flight agreements yet. There is plenty of time to book the tournament for Fri-Sun. And I appoint LS John the Chief administrator for the Championship of OnePocket.Org Tournament.
All heil the Chief!

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area

I prefer 48. If Lacy's is willing to give us 15 tables, I think we can do it in two days, but we'd need to start early and play late Saturday. (But the late players Saturday would be losers' bracket so half of them wouldn't have to (get to!) play Sunday.

We could even make 4:00 or 5:00 pm Sunday the start of the last round. Anyone still undefeated after that round collect $X.00 and everyone left with 1 loss collect $1/2X.00 or 1/3X. Maybe no winners' side matches that round; in fact, if there's time, play to the hot seat match and stop on that side... declare co-champs... let the 1 loss guys battle for the last payoffs.

Why not?

we could do 48 as well. no problem.

there is no reason why a bracket/schedule for either 48 or 32 cannot be put together to accommodate one of two options:

(A) friday evening/sat/sun
(B) sat/sun

this, of course, assumes the room is accommodating.

coming back to my previous post....we need a point man to work out these nuances with the room.

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
If you plan to come to play in the Throw-Down (and you're already on the list of very-probables) tell us if you could NOT make a 9:00PM match on Friday.

Who knows... maybe Friday night wouldn't eliminate anyone.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
i havent even made my flight agreements yet. There is plenty of time to book the tournament for Fri-Sun. And I appoint LS John the Chief administrator for the Championship of OnePocket.Org Tournament.
All heil the Chief!

The last time I was put in charge of anything, three of us went to jail and the fourth one bought a house for a stripper. :eek:

You don't even want to know the details of that clusterf**k. I had to rat out my sister to keep from doin' time. (At least she got a house out of it.)

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Players meeting & ideas

The last time I was put in charge of anything, three of us went to jail and the fourth one bought a house for a stripper. :eek:

You don't even want to know the details of that clusterf**k. I had to rat out my sister to keep from doin' time. (At least she got a house out of it.)

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. You are a funny dude, John.

I haven't bought my flight yet so I could make Friday night if that's what's chosen. I'll even play Miller's match for him if he's not there yet (Dustin just tell me what my "Flyer" limit is per game ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚)

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans

I haven't bought my flight yet so I could make Friday night if that's what's chosen. I'll even play Miller's match for him if he's not there yet (Dustin just tell me what my "Flyer" limit is per game ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚)

Miller has no limits unless he's been placed on the no-fly list:)

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
If you plan to come to play in the Throw-Down (and you're already on the list of very-probables) tell us if you could NOT make a 9:00PM match on Friday.

Who knows... maybe Friday night wouldn't eliminate anyone.
I would not make a 9 P.M. Friday match.

BTW, before we get too far ahead of ourselves (starting with 16-24 players, it's now suggested 48; soon to be 64..:)), Jim or Joe might check with Frank to make sure that his generosity extends to his entire 9' table side of his room. Or, if he's reluctant, what would be a reasonable greens fee to be paid to the house? For example, $20 from each of us would help him cover his A/C and light bill. Frank is generous guy, but a little sugar rarely hurts a person's feelings.;)

~Doc

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I would not make a 9 P.M. Friday match.

BTW, before we get too far ahead of ourselves (starting with 16-24 players, it's now suggested 48; soon to be 64..:)), Jim or Joe might check with Frank to make sure that his generosity extends to his entire 9' table side of his room. Or, if he's reluctant, what would be a reasonable greens fee to be paid to the house? For example, $20 from each of us would help him cover his A/C and light bill. Frank is generous guy, but a little sugar rarely hurts a person's feelings.;)

~Doc

Ok that helps, Doc is forfeiting his first match. I am all for a green fee.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area

;) depends who "we" draw.....:D

Miller has no limits unless he's been placed on the no-fly list:)

shhhh....keep that a secret.....:p:D

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
32 player field is all that is really workable for a double elimination tourney.

starting on saturday at 10 AM, last games would start around 10 PM.

sunday would be down to 2 players on winners side and 4 on losers. starting at 10 AM could have a single elimination championship game (race to 4 would be my suggestion) around 5 PM (or possibly sooner).

i've got a bracket/schedule tweaked and made up that makes sense if the group wants me to get it printed up and sent to john for his feedback/approval.

*we need all 15 tables for sure on saturday - there is simply no other way. lets figure out what Lacy's needs from us to make that happen.

*also need to find out if Lacy's wants to direct the tourney or just leave it up to us.

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Dustin, if he's willing to let us in there for a 10 A.M. start, then my guess is that he won't mind how many tables we use. After the first two flights the field will have whittled down to where we won't need as many tables. So by the time of his normal opening --when his regulars are used to coming in-- we'll just need one section of tables.

Frank won't want to have anything to do with running it. He'll expect us to do that ourselves. It might be good to have LSJohn be the T.D. We can let him know if he's doing anything wrong...:D

~Doc

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
john is an excellent choice for a TD and has the miller endorsement!
;):D

we're gonna need all those tables through at least 6 PM (and most likely a little later)....

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
john is an excellent choice for a TD and has the miller endorsement!
;):D

we're gonna need all those tables through at least 6 PM (and most likely a little later)....
Are the races going to be 3/2? The matches should be scheduled every two hours. Races to two, 90 minutes. I haven't figured the times, but starting at 10:00 it should move right along.

~Doc