Pick your favorite 1P match

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
1991 Legends of One Pocket - Cook v Parica.

Totally forgot about mentioning this. Hitting balls with Figueroa yesterday, and for some reason we were talking about it and jogged my memory. Don't know if it is on YouTube or not.

Cookie Monster plays as perfect game of one pocket that has probably been chronicicalled on video between two great players. (There is a WWYD somewhere in the archives.)

Well worth the watch for any aficionado.

😉
I played a ball better for a full 2 days after watching this match (then back to normal). I think I still have it VHS somewhere.

s-trolle

There are a few good videos not yet mentioned:

- Grady v Efren, an "after hours" action from 1991 Willards Classic. A great match but sadly without commentary -

- Efren v Bobby Emmons, from the Efren challenge series, wasn't too bad. I believe Efren was giving up 9-6. The other matches from the series against George Teyechea, Fach Garcia and John Lassek are worth a watch, too. -

- Parica v Bugs, Legends of One Pocket 1992, with Weenie Beenie and Johnny Ervolino commentating. Do I need to say more? -

- Corey v Shannon, 2000 World Championship. Corey uses an 8-ball break. This one will crack you up -

- Scott v John Schmidt, an insane game of one pocket commentated by Scott. It also features on Scott's Power One Pocket DVD (don't recall which volume) -

That's it for now.
i totaly agree on these videos. the efren vs grady was the first one pocket dvd i saw. and had to learn the game by watvhing this without comentator was quite tricky haha! i had to gues why they spot op balls and so on! i stil watch this dvd like once a year, great history right there!

hankh

Verified Member
From
Arrey, N.M.
There are a few good videos not yet mentioned:

- Grady v Efren, an "after hours" action from 1991 Willards Classic. A great match but sadly without commentary -

- Efren v Bobby Emmons, from the Efren challenge series, wasn't too bad. I believe Efren was giving up 9-6. The other matches from the series against George Teyechea, Fach Garcia and John Lassek are worth a watch, too. -

- Parica v Bugs, Legends of One Pocket 1992, with Weenie Beenie and Johnny Ervolino commentating. Do I need to say more? -

- Corey v Shannon, 2000 World Championship. Corey uses an 8-ball break. This one will crack you up -

- Scott v John Schmidt, an insane game of one pocket commentated by Scott. It also features on Scott's Power One Pocket DVD (don't recall which volume) -

That's it for now.
Howdy All;

New to the Game, kinda.
I've been watching the Parica v Bugs match. Taking it in small bites listening to the commentator's thoughts
as to what was done when it was and perhaps why. Truly a cat-n-mouse game. Really enjoying this one more
then some of the others I've seen. Gotta be a true Classic (imho).
Thank you Ratamon for the link.

hank

chicagomike

Verified Member
Some of the old Steve Cook matches are really good. Just some old school solid play.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Some of the old Steve Cook matches are really good. Just some old school solid play.

Cook, Efren and Bugs would be my three favorite players to watch back then. Cook had a great knack for leaving the cue ball just hooked enough behind a ball to create a problem for his opponent, at the same time he did something productive. He did that really well and next thing you know he has gained significant leverage in the layout!

unoperro

Verified Member
Cook, Efren and Bugs would be my three favorite players to watch back then. Cook had a great knack for leaving the cue ball just hooked enough behind a ball to create a problem for his opponent, at the same time he did something productive. He did that really well and next thing you know he has gained significant leverage in the layout!
Just like Efren😉