Peter Ghostine

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Sorry to hear it, a buddy told me earlier this morning about it.

I met Peter one time and it was at the derby around 2018 I think?

He played pretty good from what I could tell. He also participated in some WWYDs here on the site which I always appreciated.

RIP!

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Good Lord! I think Peter was only 55-56 or so. He was a good addition to the site when he used to post.
Sounds like he may have had the virus, based on the clip posted above. I don't know if he had any co-morbidities, but obesity is one of the highest risk groups with covid.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Damn that is a shame! From that Facebook post it sounds like it may have been Covid related. Damn!! He was an interesting and smart guy from the impression I got to the degree that I knew him. I believe he came up to the US Open One Pocket that was held in Western MA a number of years ago. We played a little at that time and I could see I was significantly overmatched. It's just not fair sometimes, who lives on and who goes early :cry::cry:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Heard it was a heart attack in his sleep..
Terrible shame! I can only imagine at his age all the dreams, goals and projects he had in mind, either already in process or future -- suddenly not happening. And all the people he had ongoing relationships with; suddenly they no longer have him. Death is the very definition of finality -- whether we are finished with the things we were doing, or the people we loved :(

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
I think we at Onepocket.org are all saddened and shocked by this tragic news. Peter was a friend to us all.
His contribution to the site was always welcome and insightful. His knowledge of the game, his wit and his
humor will forever be missed. He was one of us. He was family.
Good bye Peter, you left us way too early.
RIP

Tom

Keith E.

Verified Member

I honestly believe that I saw him a few years at Brass Tap in Raleigh during a pro tournament. He never bothered with any tournament action but stayed on an action table or could be found napping very close to them in a chair. The other times that I would see him he would be walking the mile or so to or from his room to the pool room. Always waved any of us off when we tried to give him a ride. He would have easily won the action award for the duration of the tournament. Very knowledgeable gentleman & well worth conversing with. RIP.

Keith

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
I am so shocked and saddened. Here is a great member!
The video is from Ghost vs. John 29.
It was kind of my initiation wwyd, and thus I was catching it from Ghost and OneRock!
OneRock stated it was the greatest wwyd ever. I'll surely miss him!
RIP,
Whitey