peter de backer and caudron balkline 18.2 exhibition match accustats

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
started to watch this and didnt last as long. I have never played it, but I did play a bit of straight rail billiards which is similar of course. This would probably be a better game for me because the top players could get the balls close and get so many points with light easy tickies close to each other. Better for me that they have to send the ball out of the box after 2 points.

rich htx

Verified Member
From
Houston TX
i dont have anyone to play it with, but i do gather shot drills in s.r. balkline and 1 cushion
since i can draw on my own table its all good

i start with a gather position and try to run 5 after the gather shot
5 in s.r.
5 in 47.2
5 in 1 cushion

ive got about 6 different ones i practice normally and im now trying to run 15 after a gather at each game since ive already done all in 5 and 10

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
i dont have anyone to play it with, but i do gather shot drills in s.r. balkline and 1 cushion
since i can draw on my own table its all good

i start with a gather position and try to run 5 after the gather shot
5 in s.r.
5 in 47.2
5 in 1 cushion

ive got about 6 different ones i practice normally and im now trying to run 15 after a gather at each game since ive already done all in 5 and 10

Rich; Share the diagram I sent you, to test anyone to just run 5 points from the position in 18.2 balkline.

rich htx

Verified Member
From
Houston TX
This takes an elite stroke to pull off and I don't have one of those

Cueball is white, shoot the yellow into the long rail to make the point only by a kiss back and hold the same position 5 times

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-11-10-13-46-55-630.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-11-10-13-46-55-630.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 8

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
You mean the red doesn't move much if at all after the point?

Pretty much. This was first introduced to me in 65, by Bud Harris. He was a student of, San Fran player, Jimmy Lee/Welker Cochran.

On an older cloth, where there is a, 'valley' along the cloth/rail, it's not too bad, the CB and OB hug the short rail. On a new rag, very difficult!

rich htx

Verified Member
From
Houston TX
daley also talked about finding the right spot on the table, with some groves and you can skim across the faces several times and the object balls rock back into place

sergio nieto had a video showing how its done but i cant find it anymore

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
I saw this exhibition live. It was amazing and loved the discussions before and after by the world champs that were there. Thanks for posting this memory up.