Paul has passed

JAM

Verified Member
I put up a thread on the "other" pool forum after reading this thread. I received two PMs last night from AzBilliards member "12Squared" asking me questions about why I posted the thread about Paul's passing and where I heard such a thing. :(

I feel terrible that I did make such a thread, but the feeling of embarrassment is quickly replaced with happiness that Paul is still here on this Earth. Hallelujah! :)

Since Paul is a very popular player with the majority of this forum's members, I would think it prudent to revisit the topic of inducting him in Hall of Fame by asking him once again to see how he feels today today about it. He might have changed his mind. Since he is not an Internet poster on pool forums, he may not understand the award fully. He probably would be honored if he knew more about it, I think.

I'm very joyful to learn Paul is okay. Sweet blessings are coming his way!

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Well, as Mark Twain once said, "Rumors of my demise have been grossly exaggerated."

Beard

Let's not forget, the main thing is that Paul is still around.

Why would Mike Sigel start such a rumor?

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
Since Paul is a very popular player with the majority of this forum's members, I would think it prudent to revisit the topic of inducting him in Hall of Fame by asking him once again to see how he feels today today about it. He might have changed his mind. Since he is not an Internet poster on pool forums, he may not understand the award fully. He probably would be honored if he knew more about it, I think.

I was asked to ask Paul a few years ago when the award was first concieved because he was the natural first choice of all of us but he wasn't interested back then (I don't think he really knew or cared).

When Bernie Schwartz happened to stop at DCC on his way back from FLA in 2012 I explained it all to him (I gave Steve Booth his number) and he was able to explain it to Paul.

Paul was willing to be honored this past year on the condition that Bernie be there to induct him.

Paul and Bernie were the best of friends for almost 50 years in addition to Bernie being involved with Pauls businesses.

Unfortunately Bernie ended up having heart issues at the end of the year (2012) and there was no way he would have been able to have gone so Paul refused to be inducted at that time.

Bernie passed away earlier this year in May so it has been up in the air regarding Pauls induction with us knowing the fact that he wanted Bernie there.

I hope this helps everyone to understand things better.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I was asked to ask Paul a few years ago when the award was first concieved because he was the natural first choice of all of us but he wasn't interested back then (I don't think he really knew or cared).

When Bernie Schwartz happened to stop at DCC on his way back from FLA in 2012 I explained it all to him (I gave Steve Booth his number) and he was able to explain it to Paul.

Paul was willing to be honored this past year on the condition that Bernie be there to induct him.

Paul and Bernie were the best of friends for almost 50 years in addition to Bernie being involved with Pauls businesses.

Unfortunately Bernie ended up having heart issues at the end of the year (2012) and there was no way he would have been able to have gone so Paul refused to be inducted at that time.

Bernie passed away earlier this year in May so it has been up in the air regarding Pauls induction with us knowing the fact that he wanted Bernie there.

I hope this helps everyone to understand things better.
Yes, the way you have described it sounds about right to me. It seemed to me that Bernie may have been a little more interested in Paul's behalf than Paul was on his own at the time -- which is absolutely his right. The last time I talked to Bernie he was in the hospital, but pretty upbeat considering what he was going through -- which he did not get safely through unfortunately. I will try contacting Paul again, and if anyone else has an inside track, by all means give it a try. I would like to hear what Paul has to say in his own words. But we are not going to induct anyone for Lifetime Pool in Action who does not want the attention.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
I'm glad my post about Paul still alive made its way to this thread. If I knew this thread existed I would have posted here myself, sorry. The good news is that the announcement got me back in touch w/Paul's son after many years of life drifting us apart after I moved away in late '76.

Dave

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
I put up a thread on the "other" pool forum after reading this thread. I received two PMs last night from AzBilliards member "12Squared" asking me questions about why I posted the thread about Paul's passing and where I heard such a thing. :(

I feel terrible that I did make such a thread, but the feeling of embarrassment is quickly replaced with happiness that Paul is still here on this Earth. Hallelujah! :)

I'm very joyful to learn Paul is okay. Sweet blessings are coming his way!

JAM, you did nothing wrong by informing the masses about news you believed to be true, don't sweat it. We all would have wanted to know...now Freddy??? :) Although he did say it was unofficial.

Dave

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
JAM, you did nothing wrong by informing the masses about news you believed to be true, don't sweat it. We all would have wanted to know...now Freddy??? :) Although he did say it was unofficial.

Dave

If you read my post and announcement, I said it was told to me by Billy Incardona who heard it from Mike Sigel. Cardone was recovering from foot surgery and said he didnt have access to a computer so he asked me to post the info. I did say it was unofficial also.

Beard