Owen/nevel#2

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I like cutting in the 10 and playing position on the 7? in the middle of the table.

Bill Stroud

I'm thinking that the cut on the 10 ball is difficult (especially with the bridge) that's the reason I suggested to lay it up and play cue ball.

Playing position with the bridge on a thin cut like the 10 ball usually doesn't work out and you give up your position and allow your opponent to strengthen his. In this situation if you position the 10 ball where your opponent must deal with it, he not only has to deal with the 10 ball but he has to protect the ball in front of his pocket not to give up a bank on it as well.

Laying up the 10 ball you can do that 100% of the time, cutting in the 10 ball with the bridge and playing position???? I don't know.

Billy I.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Gabe got a little unlucky to tie up those balls like that. It looks to me that Larry can pretty freely shoot at the 10 either to make it or to lay it up.

Going back to the bank on the 15 into the 8 ball, do you suppose that the way Gabe played that shot -- softly into the underside of the 8 -- was a contributing factor in tying up those balls that could somehow have been avoided by consciously playing to spread them a little (assuming he wasn't playing to make the 8 or 15)? I mean, one of the last things you want to do playing One Pocket is tie up balls so they don't go on your side...

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
You guys (Rod and Bill) have moved on to Nevel's shot..Larry and I are still discussing Gabes shot, proir to that...;) With my suggested shot, there would be no 10 ball to 'saw at'...:cool: (see post # 32)

dick i was alittle harsh regarding timing of posts:sorry
geez we have had 5 year old threads resurrected
i went back and looked at your shot and you are right it clears the ten and could put 2 more balls on gabes side and puts the q in the stack
nice shot:)

bstroud

Verified Member
I'm thinking that the cut on the 10 ball is difficult (especially with the bridge) that's the reason I suggested to lay it up and play cue ball.

Playing position with the bridge on a thin cut like the 10 ball usually doesn't work out and you give up your position and allow your opponent to strengthen his. In this situation if you position the 10 ball where your opponent must deal with it, he not only has to deal with the 10 ball but he has to protect the ball in front of his pocket not to give up a bank on it as well.

Laying up the 10 ball you can do that 100% of the time, cutting in the 10 ball with the bridge and playing position???? I don't know.

Billy I.

Having spent years playing on a 6X12 table, I am very confident with the rest. I don't find it any different than a regular shot. I would shoot the 10 ball.

Bill Stroud

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
how many of you would have bet nevel went 8 and out from here???:eek:( i meant from the 10 ball )
thats what he did
he shot the 10 (without the rake )
the q went 3 rails and hit the seven leaving him like this
ng1.jpg

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
your comments are appreciated
from winning position most of the game

gabe went from winner to loser:(

hey petie
if you were gabe where would you be now on the "fear " meter:)
just askin

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
your comments are appreciated
from winning position most of the game

gabe went from winner to loser:(

hey petie
if you were gabe where would you be now on the "fear " meter:)
just askin

I'd be pumped full of adrenaline which means I'd eather be more likely to dog it or catch the overdrive gear I need to beat this 'Jesse.' (that's an old term for stranger who plays too good. I haven't heard it used in years. Anybody else ever heard it?)