Owen/nevel#2

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
I'll really be interested to see what the real players do here because this is where I lose a lot of games. I see lots of options but feel like the one that is easiest to pull off would be hitting the one almost full in the face, say 7/8 hit on the right and drifting down behind the 8. You could hit the 9 (the one next to the 1) into the 8 and try to clear the both of them but it's a little harder to accomplish. There are lots more possibilities.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
vapros said:
I woould kick gently into the 8, off the long rail.

Both yours and Peties options were not bad choices...But both had the risk of sratching. To my way of thinking, I am going to shoot something that clears his hole, and maybe puts some balls on my side. It also carries some risk, but if I get away with it, it could change the game in one shot.

I am going to fire, pretty firm, at the red ball and carom it off the 6, toward my hole, and it looks like the 6 takes the 8 out, and just kill whitey towards the 9, and stay right there. The 6 or 8 could come back and hit the cue ball as they are clearing, but that does not HAVE to be fatal, (with a little luck.;) )... I also have a chance to slobber something in my hole.
Passive safties, in those situations, usually get you right back in trouble...I think its a good spot to roll the dice...:cool:

PS..Petie, your shot is very similar to one I suggested shooting the other day, and its a good one, if you can wind up behind the 8..
I believe that other shot had better angles and more room to manuever...pretty delicate shot though.

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Home run

Home run

Extreme situations sometimes call for extreme solutions.

Beard

Execute this and the game is turned around.

Attachments

• gn11.jpg
    gn11.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 0

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
i was thinking 9 into the 8. stop the qb behind the two blocker balls. 9 crosses over to the other side.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
So many shots

So many shots

So little bankroll.
I'd probably load it up and try to come behind the 8 ball. Might not be terrible if you hit it on the way down.
Rod.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 0

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Not bad...

Not bad...

SJDinPHX said:
....Passive safties, in those situations, usually get you right back in trouble...I think its a good spot to roll the dice...:cool:

... for a retarded, senile, helpless, non-banking, septuagenarian, ex-shortstop, now rooting for octogenarian status.:rolleyes: Didnt know you had it in you.:D

Best advice you have ever released on this forum. IMHO.

Beard

Pay attn folks and write that advice down, it is one of the "secrets" of one pocket. Wished I'd a said it.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
SJDinPHX said:
Both yours and Peties options were not bad choices...But both had the risk of sratching. To my way of thinking, I am going to shoot something that clears his hole, and maybe puts some balls on my side. It also carries some risk, but if I get away with it, it could change the game in one shot.

I am going to fire, pretty firm, at the red ball and carom it off the 6, toward my hole, and it looks like the 6 takes the 8 out, and just kill whitey towards the 9, and stay right there. The 6 or 8 could come back and hit the cue ball as they are clearing, but that does not HAVE to be fatal, (with a little luck.;) )... I also have a chance to slobber something in my hole.
Passive safties, in those situations, usually get you right back in trouble...I think its a good spot to roll the dice...:cool:

PS..Petie, your shot is very similar to one I suggested shooting the other day, and its a good one, if you can wind up behind the 8..
I believe that other shot had better angles and more room to manuever...pretty delicate shot though.

Now that's what I call useful instruction. This one glimpse into the right-thinking mind of a champion one pocket player could make a HUGE difference in my game. I'm always taking the passive safety knowing I should be more productive with my shot but thinking it's too risky or it's "not the right shot." The fact that Freddie backs it up in spades makes it pretty damn powerful. Thanks you guys, you made my day...and my game.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
SJDinPHX said:

I like your shot a lot, for many reasons. Looks to me that the balls you set in motion can't help but to go in your direction, with the exception of the cue ball which should be able to be controlled in a relatively safe position.Keeping the cue ball high will ensure you that there will be no return banks for your opponent. Certainly a game changer. Plus it's an easy shot to execute.

Billy I.

3RAILKICK

Verified Member
SJDinPHX said:

That looks like a powerful shot. Do you see the 6 hitting the 8 on the way in or after the 6 comes off the bottom rail?

If I hit it, I probably miss the 8, four rail the 6 between the nine and one, and make the 8 in the corner with the caromed cb that I just parked there next to the nine. But, now the cb is low, blocked from the slow rolling red that hung in my pocket as part of the shot.

Could definitely be a game changer. Hopefully in the right direction. It looks like it lays pretty good to control the cb.

-of course I hear 'danger Will, danger' warnings on many of my shot choices.
I shoot em anyway. What fun is a shot if you don't have to predict 3 or 4 ball paths?:confused:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
well you have sjd,stroud and incardona all agreeing on a shot:eek: :)
that must be a first:rolleyes:
well this time gabe did listen and thats what he shot
there were alot of balls moving so i did the best i could to diagram the shot
gn13.jpg

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
IF I'm Gabe, I lag bank the 15 trying not to make it and go to the rail and back on the stack. Let's see how he likes this. ON SECOND THOUGHT...I don't think the angle is right for doing this. I think I'll bank the 15 toward my pocket and try to get behind the one.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
petie said:
IF I'm Gabe, I lag bank the 15 trying not to make it and go to the rail and back on the stack. Let's see how he likes this. ON SECOND THOUGHT...I don't think the angle is right for doing this. I think I'll bank the 15 toward my pocket and try to get behind the one.

15 of the short rail to mahe the 8.