Our Own Tom Wirth Interviewed on Podcast

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Thoroughly enjoyed the entire interview Tom Tom knows his stuff which was evidenced not only in the interview but in his book as well. Great stuff

Dr. Bill
Thank you Bill. I consider you "THE" ambassador of One Pocket. You are "known from coast to coast like butter and toast", my friend.
When Joey asked me about the book I wanted to share how influential you were in encouraging me to publish. I didn't get the chance to do so but I at least want to acknowledge that fact here and now. I owe you a lot and please know that my appreciation goes deep.

Tom

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Tom, Just finished listening to the podcast, Great stuff. I totally agree with you on dress codes. Big tournaments should require slacks and collared shirts . AND, you are so right about continually learning the game of 1-pkt. Again, hoorah for a great interview. Also, since then,
you have to add Fedor to the young players that are up and coming.

hankh

Verified Member
From
Arrey, N.M.
Howdy All;

Thanks for the link. Started to watch last night, just finished it.
Enjoyed the whole thing. Need to allow it to settle then go back again to
fine the points that stand out to me.

hank

GoldCrown

Verified Member
Really enjoyed the podcast. Knowing Tom makes the interview special. His responses were 8nOut. Tom is inspiring to have as an instructor...to be with at the table or simply to listen to him talk about 1P. Good show TRW.
And Joey R. is a natural...very talented at what he is doing.

Last edited:

warrenr

Verified Member
Great interview Tom. All old and young players need to watch this. You brought up a lot of great points about gambling in house with people you play all the time. And about something bad happens get over it and move on. Great interview keep the coming.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Kudos to a true lover of the game of one pocket! It’s so evident in his expressions and his demeanor as he talks about his lifetime of playing pool that he feels like he has led a life well spent and has no regrets! That’s vary rare, for I know of few people who wouldn’t like a do over or two! It’s obvious while watching this marvelous interview that Tom Wirth is a real ambassador and promoter of the game of one pocket and that he will never lose his desire to play and continue to learn as long as he’s able…
Good enjoyable interview Tom. 👍👍👍👍👍

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Thank you, Jeff. That was so very nice of you to say, and you are right when you say I am "a true lover of the game". Though I rarely compete any longer I get great kicks out of sharing what I've learn about the game during those days on the felted battlefield.
It has also been a blessing in that I have learned so much about myself and how to conduct myself amongst others. It is amazing how a simple game can teach someone so much.
Thanks again and I hope you are fully recovered from your bout of covid and back to kicking ass on the poker table.
Your friend,

Tom