onepockethacker challenges Lou

Wayne

Verified Member
Seriously?? Lou came on a Wwyd thread to point out that they were a waste of time and the people posting on them were basically idiots and people responded.
His purpose in doing it was to get a reaction so he could go on the attack. Everyone ignored him at first but he continued his shit disturbing until he got reactions. The moderator saved the Wwyd by moving Lou's shit disturbance from the Wwyd thread to here. Check it out "that's the facts" and "that' what Lou do".

demonrho

Verified Member
From
SoCal
The opinions of three malcontents down in SoCal mean next to nothing to me...

Lou Figueroa

Uh oh, Mr. Fib-eroa is fibbing again. ;) He wouldn't be endlessly responding to our counter-attacks if what we said didn't irk him. (Or, is it that he is such an attention whore, that he likes to keep things stirred up even though it puts him in a negative light.)

SoCal Malcontent

keoneyo

Verified Member
"You can dish it out, but you cant take it!". Caeser Enrico Bandello.

Little Caeser played by the great Edward G Robinson-1931

demonrho

Verified Member
From
SoCal
It is funny when you realize that this whole tempest-in-a tea-pot thread stems from Lou ducking the action in a So Cal poolroom and then later bragging that no one would play him.

You would think Lou would just want to leave it in the past, but he keeps bringing it up knowing full well he is going to get this foreseeable response.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Seriously?? Lou came on a Wwyd thread to point out that they were a waste of time and the people posting on them were basically idiots and people responded.
His purpose in doing it was to get a reaction so he could go on the attack. Everyone ignored him at first but he continued his shit disturbing until he got reactions. The moderator saved the Wwyd by moving Lou's shit disturbance from the Wwyd thread to here. Check it out "that's the facts" and "that' what Lou do".

No, Wayne, I know about the WWYD stuff, I was talking about the way-back and who wouldn't play whom and so on. I keep wondering if there's a way it could possibly be mistaken identity. Any possible chance that it wasn't Lou you saw?

Also, I'm convinced that you're pretty easy to get action with, but also convinced that Lou really was told otherwise. Fatboy, is apparently confirmed, and although withdrawn and apologized for, it was said as Lou claimed.

Lou is a hard-ass, that's clear, but that ain't all bad. He's also better than most of us at keeping his aloof, hard-ass cool, and that ain't bad either.

You and the demon seem alright to me, and my experience with Lou makes him OK with me too. I wish I could pin a lot of this on mistaken identity, or inadvertent misquotes, or something. "Can't we all just get along?" :D

Seriously, I know that isn't gonna happen at this point, but I don't want the fact that I get along fine with you AND Lou to get me sideways with any of you. (Keoneyo and I have our own issues with one another, but that's a different matter.)

Wayne

Verified Member
No, Wayne, I know about the WWYD stuff, I was talking about the way-back and who wouldn't play whom and so on. I keep wondering if there's a way it could possibly be mistaken identity. Any possible chance that it wasn't Lou you saw?

Also, I'm convinced that you're pretty easy to get action with, but also convinced that Lou really was told otherwise. Fatboy, is apparently confirmed, and although withdrawn and apologized for, it was said as Lou claimed.

Lou is a hard-ass, that's clear, but that ain't all bad. He's also better than most of us at keeping his aloof, hard-ass cool, and that ain't bad either.

You and the demon seem alright to me, and my experience with Lou makes him OK with me too. I wish I could pin a lot of this on mistaken identity, or inadvertent misquotes, or something. "Can't we all just get along?" :D

Seriously, I know that isn't gonna happen at this point, but I don't want the fact that I get along fine with you AND Lou to get me sideways with any of you. (Keoneyo and I have our own issues with one another, but that's a different matter.)

No possibility of mistaken identity, I had played Lou previously in a tournament so I knew who he was.

Lou 100% knows that he is spewing lies. It is unfortunate he dug himself in a hole and because of his inability to ever admit to wrong doing he has dug himself in further and further with more and more lies.

I could get 100's of people I played to confirm that what he has said about me is not true and he would still spew the same garbage.

A number of posters on here have played me and you can pm them if you doubt what I tell you. To name a few: Onepocket Ghost, Jerry Matchin, Frank the Barber. You can PM and ask them if Lou is telling the truth about me.

It is simply a character flaw of Lou's that he is incapable of saying he is sorry.

He has attacked a lot of good people over the years and it is a trait of his.

For the record he is the only person I have an issue with on any forum and only because of his misconduct.

Wayne

lfigueroa

Verified Member

John, I appreciate your supportive words.

Here's the God's honest truth: I go to LA to visit my Mom twice a year. When I can, I've gone to SM to kill a few hours during the day. In all those visits, despite asking a dozen different guys in the room and the house man if anyone wanted to play some cheap 1pocket, I've never been able to get a game there (and that includes Danny Shades who would not play) and I'd end up playing 25 point games of 3C with the regulars there.

SM is a nice room and everyone there seems friendly. I know there is action there, Ghost has told me so. But I was unlucky and didn't get any. It happens and when Jim the Pilot was the first to post something about his lack of action at SM, I echoed his experience. The last two years I don't even bother going there.

That is one.

Second, from that point forward two years ago, Wayne started calling me a liar saying that it was impossible that I'd gone to SM 20 times and not gotten played. But it was the truth.

I have always taken extra care in my facts and I believe that is reflected in virtually everything I write. So when he repeatedly called me a liar I went with the ammo I had in the form of PMs from Fatboy and another SoCal player who told me Wayne was a locksmith because I knew that would hurt him as much as him calling me a liar hurt me. Personally I don't know anything about Wayne other than having played him at a tournament. And then demonrho and Keone would not let the liar thing go. They could not just say: it happens. Sorry you didn't get action. Instead, for the last two years they have been on jihad. Even in this thread, out of the blue, they made it about SM.

So that's it. They feel they have to defend the reputation (turf) of their home room. But this will never change: I went to SM and in over 20 visits never could get a $10 game. That is the stone truth.

Lou Figueroa

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I could get 100's of people I played to confirm that what he has said about me is not true and he would still spew the same garbage.

A number of posters on here have played me and you can pm them if you doubt what I tell you. To name a few: Onepocket Ghost, Jerry Matchin, Frank the Barber. You can PM and ask them if Lou is telling the truth about me.

Wayne

Wayne, as I mentioned above, I don't think you're a lock artist, but I believe Lou was told you were. Shit happens.

Fatboy apologizing is the icing on the cake, if it needed any.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri

Here's the God's honest truth: I go to LA to visit my Mom twice a year. When I can, I've gone to SM to kill a few hours during the day. In all those visits, despite asking a dozen different guys in the room and the house man if anyone wanted to play some cheap 1pocket, I've never been able to get a game there (and that includes Danny Shades who would not play) and I'd end up playing 25 point games of 3C with the regulars there.

SM is a nice room and everyone there seems friendly. I know there is action there, Ghost has told me so. But I was unlucky and didn't get any. It happens and when Jim the Pilot was the first to post something about his lack of action at SM, I echoed his experience. The last two years I don't even bother going there.

That is one.

Second, from that point forward two years ago, Wayne started calling me a liar saying that it was impossible that I'd gone to SM 20 times and not gotten played. But it was the truth.

I have always taken extra care in my facts and I believe that is reflected in virtually everything I write. So when he repeatedly called me a liar I went with the ammo I had in the form of PMs from Fatboy and another SoCal player who told me Wayne was a locksmith because I knew that would hurt him as much as him calling me a liar hurt me. Personally I don't know anything about Wayne other than having played him at a tournament. And then demonrho and Keone would not let the liar thing go. They could not just say: it happens. Sorry you didn't get action. Instead, for the last two years they have been on jihad. Even in this thread, out of the blue, they made it about SM.

So that's it. They feel they have to defend the reputation (turf) of their home room. But this will never change: I went to SM and in over 20 visits never could get a $10 game. That is the stone truth.

Lou Figueroa

I'd love to find a way that everyone could be telling the truth as they know it, but mistaken.

Something I don't understand must be something about the culture in some rooms that goes over my head because I've never been exposed to it: taking it somewhat personally if their home room is knocked as a no-action spot. It would bother me too if I knew it wasn't true, but wouldn't bother me as much as it seems to bother the Sm guys.

The other thing I find unusual is that it's been said more than once that you "bragged" that you couldn't get action at SM. I don't see how that would be a boast at all unless you were saying you were trying to play for serious money and everyone was afraid of you. If you can't get a game for $10 or $20 , that could just as easily be-- more easily I'd think in an action room like you and they say SM is -- that no one was interested in playing that cheap. I've been laughed at plenty when I asked to play for "20 lousy bucks."

Anyway, you've been a perfect gentleman with me (although I think you're full of shit about the WWYDs :D ) and so have Wayne and demon. I'm sure we'll keep it that way.

I wish I could post Rodney King's photo with his famous words. :)

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I'd love to find a way that everyone could be telling the truth as they know it, but mistaken.

Something I don't understand must be something about the culture in some rooms that goes over my head because I've never been exposed to it: taking it somewhat personally if their home room is knocked as a no-action spot. It would bother me too if I knew it wasn't true, but wouldn't bother me as much as it seems to bother the Sm guys.

The other thing I find unusual is that it's been said more than once that you "bragged" that you couldn't get action at SM. I don't see how that would be a boast at all unless you were saying you were trying to play for serious money and everyone was afraid of you. If you can't get a game for $10 or $20 , that could just as easily be-- more easily I'd think in an action room like you and they say SM is -- that no one was interested in playing that cheap. I've been laughed at plenty when I asked to play for "20 lousy bucks."

Anyway, you've been a perfect gentleman with me (although I think you're full of shit about the WWYDs :D ) and so have Wayne and demon. I'm sure we'll keep it that way.

I wish I could post Rodney King's photo with his famous words. :)

Your O.K. with me but seriously.. and I mean seriously.. WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE

P.S. I hope Lou never pulls a Jim Jones move..... You would be the first in line drinking the koolaid..:lol:lol

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire

That is one.

Lou Figueroa
This one line is simply not true Lou. Maybe it used to be, but over the last year you have thrown out a number of implausible/exaggerated statements as if they were stone fact, and then you have pretty much ducked when you got called out.

Look, if you actually have a good point you should not need to rely on exaggerations -- the "facts" should speak for themselves and should readily stand up. But lately it seems you first and foremost have a point you want to make, which is fine of course, but then you pad it with not so solid statements that really do not hold up if you start looking closely at them. And then the bobbing and weaving starts in earnest, and I personally do not have time to keep up with all the bobbing and weaving.

Wayne

Verified Member
This one line is simply not true Lou. Maybe it used to be, but over the last year you have thrown out a number of implausible/exaggerated statements as if they were stone fact, and then you have pretty much ducked when you got called out.

Look, if you actually have a good point you should not need to rely on exaggerations -- the "facts" should speak for themselves and should readily stand up. But lately it seems you first and foremost have a point you want to make, which is fine of course, but then you pad it with not so solid statements that really do not hold up if you start looking closely at them. And then the bobbing and weaving starts in earnest, and I personally do not have time to keep up with all the bobbing and weaving.

Here are part of Lou's quotes about Santa Monica Billiards

1. 8/5/2013 "I have been there 3 or 4 times..."

2. 8/6/2013 at 5:27 am "In several visits...."

3. 8/6/2013 at 1:57 pm "In 20 visits..."

No one questioned his not getting a game in the 3 or 4 times (or several visits) he said he had been there. It was pointed out that the 1 time I saw him and several others that he went way in the back of the pool hall and never approached anyone and looked like he didn't want anyone to bother him. Two or possibly 3 visits were confirmed by regulars (some who said they would have played him but he never asked or seemed interested in a game).

It was when it went from several visits to 20 visits (8 hours later) that the real problems started. I wasn't even part of the discussion until later and when I called him on some of the (ahem) inaccuracies that is when he started going off on me and all of the other poster who questioned his (ahem) inaccuracies.

Wayne

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
Post Leaders To Date:

#1 Lou Figueroa - 56
just minding his own business when shit first hit the fan

#2 Rob "The Hacker" Melrose - 31
running away with the title at the beginning, seems to have lost interest, no $ in it

#3 LSJohn - 15
good intentions will get you nowhere with hardcore scuffs - especially SoCal

#4 Cardone - 14
running strong, dropped out, decided litigation is the way to go

#5 Demon - 12
rose up the ranks in a strong fury, trending quickly upwards

#6 Keone - 11
the best vitriol bar none, celebrity status gives him a lot of lee-way with mods

#7 Steve and Straightback - 9
steve pissy with lou, straightback philosophical about the world

#8 Wayne - 8
wants to know then the fuk someone is gonna give him 11-7

#9 Larry - 6
rumor has it, he slums around AZB site

#10 Miller - 4
irrelevant

#11 Ghost - 2
stayed out of this one

#12 Lomako, Mitch, Beatle, OldRoller, KY, Todd, Cory - 1
kind of looks like the crowded GOP field, who will distinguish themselves