onepocket.org

OldSchool

Verified Member
It depresses me to say, but our excellent site here (thank you Steve Booth) onepocket.org, has lost much of it's vitality, content, and participation. And I attribute that to three things:

1. The pandemic.
2. The, now canceled, acrimonious political threads.
3. The Ghost having inexplicably dropped off the site.

- Old School

Last edited:

Cory in dc

Verified Member
It depresses me to say, but our excellent site here (thank you Steve Booth) onepocket.org, has lost much of it's vitality and participation. And I attribute that to three things:

1. The pandemic.

- Old School
Especially #3! I hope the Ghost is well and returns soon.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
It depresses me to say, but our excellent site here (thank you Steve Booth) onepocket.org, has lost much of it's vitality, content, and participation. And I attribute that to three things:

1. The pandemic.

- Old School
Well, it's also the holidays too...

And although I do think the political threads didn't help anyone out (as they never do) and did more bad than good, I think the pandemic hasn't hurt the traffic/participation. With everyone either working from home or having more time on their hands due to lack of work, it gives users more time to surf, lurk, post, etc.

As far as the Ghost, yes I think we all miss him very much and hope he comes back to visit us soon! His WWYDs are always top notch that provoke meaningful debates and discussions imo. And thanks to Larry, Doc, Whitey and others who have posted WWYD's! Even if the result isn't a world class shot, just the "situation" is enough to stir up some good conversations about what options various members would choose and why...helping us all learn to a degree.

Lastly, just looking at the stats, it's showing an increase in users and sessions over the last 90 days and even 180 days. It also shows we just hit a new monthly record for number of users in a given month (November), with over 4,000 users.

LAST 90 DAYS

1609340689866.png

LAST 180 DAYS

1609340751335.png

1609341195853.png

Last edited:

beatle

Verified Member
the site is like a tv show. many watch it but few are participating. and that gets old for me at least.

Reactions: lll

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Well, it's also the holidays too...

And although I do think the political threads didn't help anyone out (as they never do) and did more bad than good, I think the pandemic hasn't hurt the traffic/participation. With everyone either working from home or having more time on their hands due to lack of work, it gives users more time to surf, lurk, post, etc.

As far as the Ghost, yes I think we all miss him very much and hope he comes back to visit us soon! His WWYDs are always top notch that provoke meaningful debates and discussions imo. And thanks to Larry, Doc, Whitey and others who have posted WWYD's! Even if the result isn't a world class shot, just the "situation" is enough to stir up some good conversations about what options various members would choose and why...helping us all learn to a degree.

Lastly, just looking at the stats, it's showing an increase in users and sessions over the last 90 days and even 180 days. It also shows we just hit a new monthly record for number of users in a given month (November), with over 4,000 users.

LAST 90 DAYS

View attachment 433773

LAST 180 DAYS

View attachment 433774

View attachment 433775

Do you get stats for overseas users?

OldSchool

Verified Member

LAST 90 DAYS

View attachment 433773

LAST 180 DAYS

View attachment 433774

View attachment 433775

Yes, but lurkers don't provide any of what is needed, what I mentioned: content, vitality, and participation. Who knows, maybe my saying this will jump-start a few of them to post up.

- Old School

Space

I'll step up. I found the site a few months ago and just registered a few days ago but haven't had anything to post about.

I was introduced to OP about a year ago and enjoy the game. Most players I know don't really play so its a struggle to find a match if the one guy I know to play with isn't around.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I'll step up. I found the site a few months ago and just registered a few days ago but haven't had anything to post about.

I was introduced to OP about a year ago and enjoy the game. Most players I know don't really play so its a struggle to find a match if the one guy I know to play with isn't around.
welcome to the site Space!

What city you from? When the craziness clears up, I am sure there are some members that would be willing to play some at some point that may be close to you.

Space

welcome to the site Space!

What city you from? When the craziness clears up, I am sure there are some members that would be willing to play some at some point that may be close to you.

Thanks for the welcome. I'm in the Atlanta area.
Hopefully a return of something approaching normal is in the near future.