Onepocket.org only tourney

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
If y'all would be interested to come to New Orleans (Chalmette), I could speak to the owner about donating the table time. Lacy's Cue is the most beautiful room in the South, and is non-smoking. 15 Diamond Pro tables, 17 bar boxes. Good food, beverages. It could be held in the Fall/Winter months without fear of snow, ice, cancelled flights, etc. Just a thought...

~Doc

See what you can do Doc, if you say it's a nice room I'm in... But as I said before, I'm not opposed to any nice pool room, so let's shake it out a bit further and see what everybody wants... Nawlens is ok with me.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
See what you can do Doc, if you say it's a nice room I'm in... But as I said before, I'm not opposed to any nice pool room, so let's shake it out a bit further and see what everybody wants... Nawlens is ok with me.

I would help anyway I can. I would plan a vacation with mama for a few days then send her home.:D

1pwannabe

Verified Member
If it's in New Orleans, I'm in, that's an easy drive for me.

If y'all would be interested to come to New Orleans (Chalmette), I could speak to the owner about donating the table time. Lacy's Cue is the most beautiful room in the South, and is non-smoking. 15 Diamond Pro tables, 17 bar boxes. Good food, beverages. It could be held in the Fall/Winter months without fear of snow, ice, cancelled flights, etc. Just a thought...

~Doc

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Great idea! And I have an idea that might boost participation and help with the travel problem caused by members being strewn across the country: We could hold preliminary flights in as many different locations as we could get a certain minimum number of players -- maybe as few as four players to maximize participation. Doing it that way makes the final location not quite so critical because those who are going already have some win $$ to help with travel. For example, if it was $100 entry and let's say if $200 went on to the final field, then the rest of the local money could with the travel costs of the local winner -- especially if there were 6-8 players. You could even run multiple preliminary flights in the same areas if enough players were interested.

keoneyo

Verified Member

~Doc

Never mind that Doc. Do you know the places where I can get some Boudain, Gumbo, Oyster Po Boys, and a Mufallata???? Lets get our priorities straight. If you do I will make it my best effort to be there.

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX

~Doc

I'm in for NOLA, I lived there in the 80's.

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
Never mind that Doc. Do you know the places where I can get some Boudain, Gumbo, Oyster Po Boys, and a Mufallata???? Lets get our priorities straight. If you do I will make it my best effort to be there.

Those dishes are just about everywhere around there. No bad food to be found there. Even SCRZBILL couldn't complain.

Nick B

Verified Member
From
Vancouver, Canada
This sounds good but you got to hold it close to a airline hub or other major cross roads.

Chicago, LA, Vegas, Denver and I'm in.

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
Sounds interesting to me. I would suggest Chicago, central location, we could play at Chris' Billiards, Ghosts' place. They have 40 or so tables and tons of character. This is where they filmed some of "Color of Money" great room.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
If this gathers some momentum, someone should acquire a room for the event, then set the dates and see who wants to play? Gulfport Doc has offered his services for a venue in New Orleans. If he gets the room and the owner is willing to host the event and provide free pool time, maybe even add a few $$$, then I'm in.

I would really like to have it be successful and have it all over the country at all the nicest rooms. Going to different areas of the USA once a year would be a real treat for me, seeing new places and meeting old friends and making new ones would be nice.

If anyone wants to campaign for another host room, then I would suggest they get the required permission from the owner/ owners of that room and submit it for the members consideration. Somebody has to do the work, and right now the only step up to the plate guy is Gulfport Doc. :)

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Heh, heh. Like Dave said, that food is ubiquitous. They even have crawfish soup and mufalleta at the pool room! But my tip would be to always hang around Henderson wherever you can. He always knows where the best food is...:D

~Doc

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
jeff you always have great ideas and this is another one......kudos.jpg
doc great of you to arrange for it to be at lacy's.......kudos.jpg
dont know if i could make it but would try....:)

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
jeff you always have great ideas and this is another one......View attachment 14999
doc great of you to arrange for it to be at lacy's.......View attachment 14999
dont know if i could make it but would try....:)

Larry,
Thanks, it just seemed like a nice fit for this group of people. It would be great fun having the 1st one in Nawlens, I could really kick back and have a good time at the celebratory dinner. Good food, good wine, good music, and good friends!!
Hell, it just doesn't get much better than that, especially with one pocket on the dessert menu for the next day...:):):)

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Larry,
Thanks, it just seemed like a nice fit for this group of people. It would be great fun having the 1st one in Nawlens, I could really kick back and have a good time at the celebratory dinner. Good food, good wine, good music, and good friends!!
Hell, it just doesn't get much better than that, especially with one pocket on the dessert menu for the next day...:):):)

My wife is excited about having it there. Wants to go even if I can't make it. lol

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Heh, heh. Like Dave said, that food is ubiquitous. They even have crawfish soup and mufalleta at the pool room! But my tip would be to always hang around Henderson wherever you can. He always knows where the best food is...:D

~Doc

Hey Doc,

Any news on Lacy's... Guess if they are willing to let us play there, we need to put a date on the tournament... Since it could become an annual gathering at locations all over the country, what do you think about sometime in July? Weather is warm everywhere then, so plane travel should not be a problem.

Whatta ya think?

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Hey Doc,

Any news on Lacy's... Guess if they are willing to let us play there, we need to put a date on the tournament... Since it could become an annual gathering at locations all over the country, what do you think about sometime in July? Weather is warm everywhere then, so plane travel should not be a problem.

Whatta ya think?
I Emailed the owner, Frank H. If I don't hear back in a few days, I'll call him. My guess is that he'd be willing to donate time on a few tables over a weekend, but I don't know. Depends if he felt as though he'd be losing business or not.

Wherever it is, and depending upon the number of guys who commit, it might be smart to kick around a few scenarios. If we get all levels it could be beneficial to have an A-B-C handicap system, $100+ entry.

I'm sure there will be plenty of discussion....;)

~Doc