OnePocket.org Mini in Nola

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Woohoo! Action :). My game is in the toilet now that I am working so much, but I will play the same way. 10-9 right?
I'll offer you the same game choice as I used to offer Buddy when he played as good as you.
Your choice of games

even for 10 a game.
I get 9/7... 20 a game
I get 10/7 ... 30 a game
I get 10/7 + the breaks 50 a game

Or I'll play you a race to 7 for 500
Race to 7 rules. I get 10/6 + the breaks

After your pick, I'll tell you the game buddy always chose..lol
P.S. if you choose the race I'll actually practice a few days before I come...lol

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I'll offer you the same game choice as I used to offer Buddy when he played as good as you.
Your choice of games

even for 10 a game.
I get 9/7... 20 a game
I get 10/7 ... 30 a game

If I only knew how to play 1P I’d give you a game

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Your choice of games

even for 10 a game.
I get 9/7... 20 a game
I get 10/7 ... 30 a game

P.S. if you choose the race I'll actually practice a few days before I come...lol
*3?

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Mitch, If we don't do single elimination, we will spend most of the day playing our tourney. Missing out on buff's and any action matches.

My suggestion is race to 2 or 3, single elimination. Pay 60/40 for 1st and 2nd.

Who knows, we might have some action at Lacy's between ourselves. Has anyone contacted Frank about 11 or 12 start time (?) and use of tables ?

John - I am going to say that Buddy used to give you 10 - 6 for $500. PRESSURE !

Now, you probably play him even and you might be favorite 👍

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Mitch, If we don't do single elimination, we will spend most of the day playing our tourney. Missing out on buff's and any action matches.

Who knows, we might have some action at Lacy's between ourselves. Has anyone contacted Frank about 11 or 12 start time (?) and use of tables ?

John - I am going to say that Buddy used to give you 10 - 6 for $500. PRESSURE !

Nope...lol

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

I spoke with Frank, Robert and we can start as early as we like on Saturday. I’m good with your format. That or a round robin but not looking for a long day there either. I’m good with anything!

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Your choice of games

even for 100 a game.
I get 9/7... 200 a game
I get 10/7 ... 300 a game
I get 10/7 + the breaks 50a game

I deleted the ridiculous one.

I fixed your proposal...

My guess is buddy took even at 10 a game.

I will take 10-7 for 300 a game. That’s a lot of weight to outrun especially when I only play once a week now and my game is way off. Frankly you may be robbing me. But I want it to be worth it either way With that spot I’m sure you could share the bet. :).

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
I fixed your proposal...

I will take 10-7 for 300 a game. That’s a lot of weight to outrun especially when I only play once a week now and my game is way off. Frankly you may be robbing me. But I want it to be worth it either way With that spot I’m sure you could share the bet. :).
Yep, he always took the sure thing even if it was 5.00 a game... Lol

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area

I spoke with Frank, Robert and we can start as early as we like on Saturday. I’m good with your format. That or a round robin but not looking for a long day there either. I’m good with anything!

i'd say 10 or fewer players, we could do a round robin with 2 flights, races to 2 -- everyone could play pretty much non-stop for 4 or 5 hours.

any more players, i'd say 16 man bracket (put in byes as necessary) - single elimination, races to 2. reserve as many tables as necessary, guys that get knocked out early can match up. (i think that's why its important for anyone interested to express interest asap).

anyone talk to rowsey, lsjohn, joey a, fireman kc.....?

like robert, don't want to miss too much of the big tourney (also have ringside seats don't wanna waste....)

whatever we come up with - totally cool with me. don't care one way or the other, just really looking forward to the trip.

see you chumps in NOLA. :cool:

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
i'd say 10 or fewer players, we could do a round robin with 2 flights, races to 2 -- everyone could play pretty much non-stop for 4 or 5 hours.

any more players, i'd say 16 man bracket (put in byes as necessary) - single elimination, races to 2. reserve as many tables as necessary, guys that get knocked out early can match up. (i think that's why its important for anyone interested to express interest asap).

anyone talk to rowsey, lsjohn, joey a, fireman kc.....?

like robert, don't want to miss too much of the big tourney (also have ringside seats don't wanna waste....)

whatever we come up with - totally cool with me. don't care one way or the other, just really looking forward to the trip.

see you chumps in NOLA. :cool:

other thing we could do is a modified chip "tourney." instead of chips, just pass $20 bills. single games.

for example, lets say you have 12 players. reserve 5 tables, if you lose, put your name on the board and hop on the next table (with the previous winner) available. that'd be fun also....

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans

You got action and I’ve reserved us a table😁

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.

Yes, unfortunatly the last few years he is physically incapable of winning so we don't play anymore.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
I fixed your proposal...

I haven't hit a single ball on a 9ft table all year so you are way ahead of me..lol My business is killin it so I will have very little time to practice before I come.
You could have just said no instead of offering to play 300 a game...lol.
But if you can't find any big money suckers I'm still open for the 10/7 and the break for the 50 a game option you left up there.. We can also freeze up some and play ahead that way..

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
I haven't hit a single ball on a 9ft table all year so you are way ahead of me..lol My business is killin it so I will have very little time to practice before I come.
You could have just said no instead of offering to play 300 a game...lol.
But if you can't find any big money suckers I'm still open for the 10/7 and the break for the 50 a game option you left up there.. We can also freeze up some and play ahead that way..
Why would I say no? You never know until you ask. You may have said yes and I’d go for it lol.

Let’s see what happens when we get there. Since we are playing cheap no need to lock it in. Can wait to see you my man. 👍👍.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Why would I say no? You never know until you ask. You may have said yes and I’d go for it lol.

Let’s see what happens when we get there. Since we are playing cheap no need to lock it in. Can wait to see you my man. 👍👍.
For sure, I won't ever keep a friend from better action.. A good fisherman always fishes for the big ones first...
Now I'm going to do the hour drive and play today for the first time in months. I'm 😁

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
In the interest of settling on a format, why don’t we list a cut off date for entry so we can keep things as simple as possible once we are in Nola, and no more decisions will have to be made.

Let’s say next Friday, 6/14 is the final day to get in our little event. That gives us another 2 weeks until the day of so should be plenty of time on both ends.