One Pocket instructors Where are they?

GoldCrown

Verified Member
Man this thread was getting a little AZ Billiardish, all we need is a Barton comment, or 1000, haha, jk, sounds like everyone is ready for a get together I know I am.
Just having a little fun. Life is too serious to take seriously. Seriously who is the unknown OP? Is it Efren?

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I think it depends on how much you know now. If you can play anyone in the room for twenty dollars and come out on top. Move up to thirty dollars a game. And so on..........

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
As usual, you manage to misconstrue what I write in the worst way possible.

I’m not even going to bother explaining. Past experience has shown that to be a futile exercise.

Lou Figueroa
I see what happened -- I breezed through the thread in standard view, but then viewed just your posts as admin, given you just returned to posting here. In that manner I conflated two of your posts which read worse to me when viewed like that. Looking at the full context of your posts I can see that was not fair to you, and I apologize Lou.

TxOnePocket

Verified Member
From
Arlington,Texas -
Jeremy Jones gives One Pocket lessons here in the DFW and surrounding area's, it's normally by the hour and I wouldn't consider it cheap but it's very in depth knowledge of the actual game. He's not going to spend 45mins of your 2 hours fixing your stroke, it's a lot of game theory, shot selection ect.

The Tom Worth stay in Lesson/Camp sounds awesome though, especially during this pandemic!

Wybrook

Hi,

I'm in Central Florida and I also do One Pocket lessons....
Per game and/or per hour are both acceptable methods of instruction, and they both have their merits.

Sincerely,

Adam Wheeler

Wybrook

1 game session.... please describe. How does the $$$ work?
We decide on a $ per game, then I point out shots I would recommend and why. Sometimes, I let them shoot the wrong shot, then set it back up and show them all of the variants that were available. Then they decide which one they can execute the best for their skill level.

I am good at gauging skill levels, so I try to show people things they can execute within a reasonable percentage. I also show higher level stuff in case they are looking to expand their repertoire.

The issue I have when doing an hourly (one pocket) lesson is its hard to recreate scenarios, in both layout and consequences. In games, situations arise and can be dealt with one at a time. The same ball layout doesn't always have the same solution.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I took lessons with Adam a long time ago
it was by the hour
it was worth the time and cost
adam
hope you and the family are doing well
larry from vero

TxOnePocket

Verified Member
From
Arlington,Texas -
We decide on a $ per game, then I point out shots I would recommend and why. Sometimes, I let them shoot the wrong shot, then set it back up and show them all of the variants that were available. Then they decide which one they can execute the best for their skill level.

I am good at gauging skill levels, so I try to show people things they can execute within a reasonable percentage. I also show higher level stuff in case they are looking to expand their repertoire.

The issue I have when doing an hourly (one pocket) lesson is its hard to recreate scenarios, in both layout and consequences. In games, situations arise and can be dealt with one at a time. The same ball layout doesn't always have the same solution.

You ever come out loser in this scenario? !!

Wybrook

I took lessons with Adam a long time ago
it was by the hour
it was worth the time and cost
adam
hope you and the family are doing well
larry from vero
Thanks Larry,
We are doing great.. Keeping busy at work and playing lots of golf! :)