Official Entry Thread for 2022 Member's Tourney @ Q-Masters

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Because that just wouldn't be cricket, er, 1pocket.

BTW, could someone please tell me the start time on Day 1 so I can work out my flight plans.

Lou Figueroa
I'll be the guy wearing the
"Just the facts ma'am" T-shirt
Memphis I believe was noon. We are working on confirmation now so should have a time. Maybe the calcutta was noon.

beatle

Verified Member
its really simple everyone that plays gets a spot or gives one based on their fargo rate or the rate that a group of the players give him based on where his game fits in with the others.
this way everyone has a chance to win or at least gets close enough that he sees a chance.

why would anyone object as they give and get spots for the cash games. and if you want it to grow you get players that want a chance, to join here.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
its really simple everyone that plays gets a spot or gives one based on their fargo rate or the rate that a group of the players give him based on where his game fits in with the others.
this way everyone has a chance to win or at least gets close enough that he sees a chance.

why would anyone object as they give and get spots for the cash games. and if you want it to grow you get players that want a chance, to join here.
If we went to handicap, yes. But so far we are liking it ok straight up.

FreeMoney

Verified Member

That would be a tall task assigning spots in One Pocket to people you don't play / see play on a regular basis.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Is anyone going early to the tournament, say land Monday, play the yokels on Tuesday, Wednesday. Thursday, build up a little bankroll?

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Is anyone going early to the tournament, say land Monday, play the yokels on Tuesday, Wednesday. Thursday, build up a little bankroll?
Alas, not till Thursday. But listen my game has plummeted so we will have to start our game over again at even. Actually, you get first break, since I’m still a gentleman.

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
Alas, not till Thursday. But listen my game has plummeted so we will have to start our game over again at even. Actually, you get first break, since I’m still a gentleman.
Looking at the sign up sheet it doesn't look like Bill is planning on being there. But, I will be there Thursday and will be glad to give you a little action as a warm up. We haven't played in a long time and I would look forward to it.......

B_White

Now that Fargo Rate has established itself...simplest way is to limit to 700 and below.... we are amatuer players and I've assumed this isn't a open tournament..
A player like Ike is a 702... Brian is a 760...
None of our regular players are close to a 700 except maybe Ben . Mike 660, Robert 660 etc.
I play pool less than anyone in this forum you can ask around. I have no idea how they have my Fargo so high. If you look most of the matches they’re using to rate me are from 2012. One pocket is my favorite game it has been for a long time. I love playing in one pocket events. It’s not about the money for me. I’ve been a member here since 2008 and I’ve read a lot of your posts I just am not one to make posts myself.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
I play pool less than anyone in this forum you can ask around. I have no idea how they have my Fargo so high. If you look most of the matches they’re using to rate me are from 2012. One pocket is my favorite game it has been for a long time. I love playing in one pocket events. It’s not about the money for me. I’ve been a member here since 2008 and I’ve read a lot of your posts I just am not one to make posts myself.

I'm sure if you've been reading my posts it reduced your Fargo just by association.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
brian
i am not going so my opinion is not so important
but here is my 2 cents worth of advice
1)if you want to be a member of the site start posting
and
2)go play the guys some cheap games/sets
or if the THEY want to bet higher go for it
let them get to know
YOU AND YOUR SPEED
it will make next year much easier
jmho
icbw

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
How do you see the matches/events that go into your Fargo?? I’ve asked a few times for how they got mine and I thought they did not divulge.

beatle

Verified Member
simple make anyone you dont have an idea or think they are real good give everyone 8 to 6. if its not about the money and they just want to play let them play that way.
being an outsider to the tournaments i can see how everyone playing equal works out.
how does it work out in the pool room.
do you all pay for the top players airfare and room. isnt that the same as transferring the prize money to them. even if its comradery and friends you dont do that,
ive hustled plenty but never would take advantage of my friends.

Reactions: lll

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Here we go again with another MOT and you should be looking forward to it!!! This will be held at Q-Master Billiards in Virginia Beach. https://www.q-masters.com

The tournament dates are July 29-31st.

And before anyone asks (Newkirk, Col. Bille, Crabb, Mitch, etc.), YES Lizz will be coming with me!! ;)

The usual $100 entry fee, race to 3 Double Elimination with a single race to 4 finals (winner of hot seat getting the first break). The usual active member qualifications are in place, which is a Verified member, who joined at least one month before the tournament, with a minimum of 20 posts.

32 player field.

Freemoney had posted about local attractions in the other thread that Steve started announcing the tourney.

The tournament has typically filled up fast with verified members the last several years but there were a couple of last minute cancellations. I would encourage anyone that would like to participate to register ASAP.

I will be keeping a spreadsheet of paid entrants and arrival times and updating it on the site every few days.

When payment is made regardless if it is via PayPal (FRIENDS and FAMILY ONLY!!!) or check, I will need your full name, USERNAME and estimated arrival so the spreadsheet is accurate.

Please also let me know when you anticipate arriving in Virginia Beach for the tournament.

- They are offering no greens fees, but players in (or knocked out) who are signed up for the tournament pay $5/day rate play all you want outside the tournament, starting Wed and running through Sunday. And they have a TON of tables, so plenty of matching up will be possible.

- Payment for the $100 entry fee is as follows:

- Payment can be sent via check or PayPal:

Mathew Hilton
14860 Danville Ave W.
Rosemount, MN 55068

PayPal should be sent as (FRIENDS and FAMILY ONLY!!!) to mathew.hilton@gmail.com

I will also be working on getting shirt sizes and style (polo, t-shirt or jersey) for each member that would like one as well. If you could include in the notes your size, that would save some time as well. I will get pricing together once I have the design ready and shirt style options, I will let everyone know.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

View attachment 437755

Paid. Not sure that I can make it that week, but if I can't I'll donate to the pot. Also, I need 1 more ball from everyone than I did before Covid.

B_White

How do you see the matches/events that go into your Fargo?? I’ve asked a few times for how they got mine and I thought they did not divulge.
If you have the Fargo app it will show you the matches they used to rate you and most of mine were from 2012

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Something that should be mentioned for new players that are unaware. We have always generously spread the tournament payout down to 8 places. So the winner doesn't get a big pay day at the lesser members expense. Pretty brutal payout for the winner in a small field. As someone mentioned before, you pretty much have to win to break even on the trip... I'm expecting a 24 man field for this one so thats 1/3 of the field.

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
John, Hopefully MOT will fill up. Still 4 months away.

Of course, with all our talk about B. White, some members may not make the trip. I hope that all our playing members make the

tournament. Everyone is truly going to love Q-Masters. Will be plenty of tables to match up on.

The members that bring their wives and families are going to be amazed at all the historical sights and old (1600's, 1700's) houses.

And if anyone has not been to Monticello, I recommend that trip to everyone. Thomas Jefferson was an amazing man.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
If you have the Fargo app it will show you the matches they used to rate you and most of mine were from 2012
I went ahead and got the app. Funny, because Fargo was not even up and running in 2012, but I know from now seeing my own they were retroactively added.