Official Entry Thread for 2022 Member's Tourney @ Q-Masters

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
Going forward, I don't have a problem with using Fargo to set a higher member activity bar. That would work to a degree -- at least until a really good but stealthy One Pocket player who has avoided Fargo signs up :LOL::LOL: I think for this MOT, I'm still reluctant to make a change on the fly, but it could well be that B White will bow out on his own, like Ike did last year.

Or....you can channel your inner Nancy Reagan, and just say no. I wouldn't know the man if we bumped into each other in the street and don't think there is anything intentionally nefarious at foot. Why wouldn't a one pocket player want to play in a one pocket tourney in his back yard? (When 1 HOLE NUT waives a flag, we should take notice.) But, up until now, he's not been an active member. If he wants to make a fair game, should have plenty of guys for several days to hit em with. If he decides to become an active member in the group, then that's a bonus and it would be welcomed.

i just wanted to be sure this was not missed.

What's the point? Andy is a very fine young player. Not a monster, not a pro. Didn't go anywhere near the top in the calcutta. Let us play a tourney in his room and put in money. Don't see the correlation because there is none. Played good and won the tourney on his home track/equipment. Plenty of guys that played in that tourney and haven't posted much since either. That is all there is to it.

---------

Fukn christ....this is supposed to be an MOT Entry thread......

😎 (^^^more bold letters^^^)

J.R.

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Illinois
I'm asking because I don't know. Is part of the Fargo rating the number of events a player attends where the system is used?

Lets say a player that rarely plays in events, plays 2 or 3 events in a year and does very well, over .700. But in local or Non Fargo rated events he does not. Does that mean he is Really a +.700 player?

BTW, do All pool events Now keep Fargo stats?

I just looked up my Fargo Rating. It's 714. As "mr3cushion" pointed out, I am that type of player who rarely plays in any Fargo events but nevertheless, probably by luck of the draw, did very well in several of the Fargo rated tournaments. It seems that this rating system is the criteria used by others in determining a player's ability. I am a glaring example that the Fargo rating system is not accurate. 714? Absolutely insane!

I should only be a 713! 🤪

All kidding aside. Bill is absolutely correct. Just because Fargo states that John Doe is a +700 player, does not make it true.

Last edited:

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
I just looked up my Fargo Rating. It's 714. As "mr3cushion" pointed out, I am that type of player who rarely plays in any Fargo events but nevertheless, probably by luck of the draw, did very well in several of the Fargo rated tournaments. It seems that this rating system is the criteria used by others in determining a player's ability. I am a glaring example that the Fargo rating system is not accurate. 714? Absolutely insane!

All kidding aside. Bill is absolutely correct. Just because Fargo states that John Doe is a +700 player, does not make it true.
I think I'm a 450.. you guys are way too good...

Attachments

• chrome_screenshot_1646113103535.png
    chrome_screenshot_1646113103535.png
    163.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I think I'm a 450.. you guys are way too good...
I think my Fargo is inflated by results that were actually the other pool player named Steve Booth, who is from Ohio, and who is indeed a very good rotation player lol. If he ever gets serious about One Pocket, then things are going to really get interesting :LOL: :LOL:

FreeMoney

Verified Member

I play One Pocket & rotation. I love One Pocket & tolerate rotation to improve shot making. I play BCA League so I qualify for the Vegas Tournament (559 rating) then I go to Griff's & play One Pocket (LOL). A higher Fargo does not mean you are a good / great One Pocket player. It only truly reflects your shot making ability (mostly on a bar box).

Hardmix

Verified Member
From
Cumming Ga
Who's over 700 that plays in our tournaments? I don't think Ben has a Fargo that I see. I just did a quick search tho. As far as I'm concerned new members still need to be vetted. Being a contributing member over the prior year is my go to for new members.
I do not have a Fargo rating and to be honest i am not really dialed into the numbers. If I had to guess I am mid to high 600’s.

Reactions: lll

JohnInNH

Verified Member
From
GOFFSTOWN, NH
Here we go again with another MOT and you should be looking forward to it!!! This will be held at Q-Master Billiards in Virginia Beach. https://www.q-masters.com

The tournament dates are July 29-31st.

And before anyone asks (Newkirk, Col. Bille, Crabb, Mitch, etc.), YES Lizz will be coming with me!! ;)

The usual $100 entry fee, race to 3 Double Elimination with a single race to 4 finals (winner of hot seat getting the first break). The usual active member qualifications are in place, which is a Verified member, who joined at least one month before the tournament, with a minimum of 20 posts.

32 player field.

Freemoney had posted about local attractions in the other thread that Steve started announcing the tourney.

The tournament has typically filled up fast with verified members the last several years but there were a couple of last minute cancellations. I would encourage anyone that would like to participate to register ASAP.

I will be keeping a spreadsheet of paid entrants and arrival times and updating it on the site every few days.

When payment is made regardless if it is via PayPal (FRIENDS and FAMILY ONLY!!!) or check, I will need your full name, USERNAME and estimated arrival so the spreadsheet is accurate.

Please also let me know when you anticipate arriving in Virginia Beach for the tournament.

- They are offering no greens fees, but players in (or knocked out) who are signed up for the tournament pay $5/day rate play all you want outside the tournament, starting Wed and running through Sunday. And they have a TON of tables, so plenty of matching up will be possible.

- Payment for the $100 entry fee is as follows:

- Payment can be sent via check or PayPal:

Mathew Hilton
14860 Danville Ave W.
Rosemount, MN 55068

PayPal should be sent as (FRIENDS and FAMILY ONLY!!!) to mathew.hilton@gmail.com

I will also be working on getting shirt sizes and style (polo, t-shirt or jersey) for each member that would like one as well. If you could include in the notes your size, that would save some time as well. I will get pricing together once I have the design ready and shirt style options, I will let everyone know.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

View attachment 437721

Here we go again with another MOT and you should be looking forward to it!!! This will be held at Q-Master Billiards in Virginia Beach. https://www.q-masters.com

The tournament dates are July 29-31st.

And before anyone asks (Newkirk, Col. Bille, Crabb, Mitch, etc.), YES Lizz will be coming with me!! ;)

The usual $100 entry fee, race to 3 Double Elimination with a single race to 4 finals (winner of hot seat getting the first break). The usual active member qualifications are in place, which is a Verified member, who joined at least one month before the tournament, with a minimum of 20 posts.

32 player field.

Freemoney had posted about local attractions in the other thread that Steve started announcing the tourney.

The tournament has typically filled up fast with verified members the last several years but there were a couple of last minute cancellations. I would encourage anyone that would like to participate to register ASAP.

I will be keeping a spreadsheet of paid entrants and arrival times and updating it on the site every few days.

When payment is made regardless if it is via PayPal (FRIENDS and FAMILY ONLY!!!) or check, I will need your full name, USERNAME and estimated arrival so the spreadsheet is accurate.

Please also let me know when you anticipate arriving in Virginia Beach for the tournament.

- They are offering no greens fees, but players in (or knocked out) who are signed up for the tournament pay $5/day rate play all you want outside the tournament, starting Wed and running through Sunday. And they have a TON of tables, so plenty of matching up will be possible.

- Payment for the $100 entry fee is as follows:

- Payment can be sent via check or PayPal:

Mathew Hilton
14860 Danville Ave W.
Rosemount, MN 55068

PayPal should be sent as (FRIENDS and FAMILY ONLY!!!) to mathew.hilton@gmail.com

I will also be working on getting shirt sizes and style (polo, t-shirt or jersey) for each member that would like one as well. If you could include in the notes your size, that would save some time as well. I will get pricing together once I have the design ready and shirt style options, I will let everyone know.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

View attachment 437721

I'm in -- paypal sent friends and family :)
Hi all, I am sorry that I will not be able to attend the event, will miss being a part of the group. My wife and I will be celebrating our wedding anniversary in Alaska around that date, good luck to everyone and have safe travels. John

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Hi all, I am sorry that I will not be able to attend the event, will miss being a part of the group. My wife and I will be celebrating our wedding anniversary in Alaska around that date, good luck to everyone and have safe travels. John
Sorry to hear. You will be missed!

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Happy Anniversary to you both. Sounds like a great way to celebrate.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
happy anniversary !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I joined a BCA league to play a little pool. They gave me a Fargo rating of 550. After six months of sporadic play, my rating is 547. They also rate players locally by games won and lost. Top of the heap with a .894 score. Free money and I are pretty close in ratings, now how about your coming here?

FreeMoney

Verified Member
I can’t find Ben’s FargoRate, besides that, FargoRate doesn’t apply to 1P per say but an overall skill level. My guess is over 700 is good shortstop or lower level pro speed. I played a 709 in Austin some 1P not long ago, he gave up and wanted to only play 9B. I got trashed in rotation.

Brian White played in at least one of Buffalo’s pro tournaments, he’s a lot better than Ike.
Text me when you get to Vegas so we can meet up at Griff's---757-714-3456

FreeMoney

Verified Member
PREVIOUSLY POSTED on different stream. I hope this is helpful.

Looks like some of you sharp shooters will be coming to Va Beach !!
I will be your local (concierge) guy on the ground. I was born & raised here and can answer most questions.
Anything I can do to help get you here & make your stay more comfortable, just ask. Below you will find a wealth of information about our area that should help you plan your trip. I assume some of you may bring family & friends since this is a Resort town in JULY ! Family friendly info included !! BOOK THOSE HOTELS EARLY ! Feel free to reach out anytime...Steve Freeman...westefre777@gmail.com....757-714-3456

Airport
Norfolk International Airport - Norfolk Va- 6.5 miles 15 mins
Homepage - Norfolk International Airport (norfolkairport.com)
Hotels
Hotels - Google Maps (close to Q-Masters)
virginia beach oceanfront - Google Search
ATTRACTIONS- Distance from Q's
Norfolk Outlet Mall Welcome To Norfolk Premium Outlets® - A Shopping Center In Norfolk, VA - A Simon Property 4 miles 10 mins
Concert Venue
Veterans United Home Loans Amphitheater at Virginia Beach 12 miles 15 mins drive

July 23 Dave Matthews Band
July 27 Matchbox 20
Colonial Williamsburg--57 miles 1 hour drive
Busch Gardens Williamsburg-- - Open Daily 10:00 am- 10:00 pm
Water Country USA - Water Park -- Open Daily 10:00 am- 10:00 pm
Williamsburg Pottery Factory Open Daily Hours TBD
Premier Outlets Mall Outlets Williamsburg | Williamsburg, IA
VA BEACH TOWNE CENTER --4 MILES 11 Mins drive
THE 10 BEST Things to Do Near Town Center, Virginia Beach - Tripadvisor
Town Center Virginia Beach | Shopping, Dining & Entertainment (visitvirginiabeach.com)
VA BEACH OCEANFRONT RESORT AREA 12.9 Miles 17 Mins Drive
Virginia Beach Oceanfront | Find Hotels, Dining & Entertainment (visitvirginiabeach.com)
Roughly 31 blocks of boardwalk, shops, hotels, restaurants & bars. All walkable, miles of beach, fishing pier & amusements.

New at Virginia Beach | Southern Living

I sent admin an official "voucher".
Top Golf is also available- 1 mile from Q-Master
Golf, Party Venue, Sports Bar & Restaurant | Topgolf Virginia Beach

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
FreeMoney, Birdman77, B_White......question for you locals.....

What's the uber and/or taxi scene like getting to and from the airport, beach area, and pool room? Is it necessary to rent a car or is uber/taxi reliable?

FreeMoney

Verified Member
FreeMoney, Birdman77, B_White......question for you locals.....

What's the uber and/or taxi scene like getting to and from the airport, beach area, and pool room? Is it necessary to rent a car or is uber/taxi reliable?
Rentals & Uber are reliable from the airport. Should you rent a car? Depends on where you are staying ! We have a couple hotels close to Q-Master. Springhill Suites is a 5 min walk. If you choose to stay at the Oceanfront (12 miles) I'd suggest a rental. The SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach airport area hotel near the ocean (marriott.com)

Z-Nole

If a previously unknown high speed player gets in, he will eliminate or send to the losers bracket two, three, four guys -- presumably regular members of this site -- on his march to the last four. Guys who would otherwise be in the mix.

To allow, if not endorse that, is a bloody shame.

Lou Figueroa
Just a suggestion, but why don't you take their motivation away and have no cash prizes? Instead just have a perpetual trophy that comes with some serious year long bragging rights. That should keep the vermIn away. I would think most members aren't coming for the cash.