Official Derby City player sponsor thread

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I agree with Dave. Unless these are some kind of special buy it now f&f buttons. Shouldn't have to pay fees on a donation.
Right -- that would be nice, but I don't think paypal has that as an option. It is the price for the ease and convenience at this point. Anyone who would like to avoid that can navigate to paypal on their own and send it f&f to me though. Or if you are going to DCC pledge/commit now and donate there at DCC, is also OK. Thank you guys for considering that about the fees, which are a little less than 3% I think.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
When you send money through pay pal in the US, there are no fees if you have an account linked to your bank account or if you are sending money from your paypal balance.

now if you send money using a card that is not tied to your bank account, they do charge fees.

I am not sure there is any way around this but let me know if someone finds something different.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
From what I have seen there are never fees for the person donating -- at least if they have a paypal account. When I said 3% I meant on the receiving end -- that's where paypal charges. If anyone is running into fees trying to send, please let me know and we can do something different for sure.

onepocket

Administrator
Staff member
Steve, I suppose with my donation I get a vote. If so I vote for Mr. Dustin Miller all the way.

Tom
Of course you get a vote!! Absolutely -- your kind of donation is what makes this process work -- thank you again!!!

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
Fellas…..

So, I got “the call” from Steve last night. I want to thank each of you.

It’s unfortunate Frank Almanza and Robert Newkirk cannot attend. Ben Smith, John Rawski, Jerry Matchin, and Dan Moran would have been sound choices to possibly catch a gear and make a run deep into the bracket. John Crabb has been a great contributor to the site as well.

Sometimes I play good, sometimes I don’t. I plan on being the guy who is playing good in a couple weeks. I will do my best and fight for every ball.

This is a huge honor that I do not take lightly and appreciate greatly. Thanks again.

Dustin