new WEI table

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2008
Messages
11,123
From
Detroit,Michigan
Skin said:
The shot is the 6-3-15 combination, 15 into the hole, and back up 3 rails with the cb to behind the four balls at the top, isn't it?

Skin


It's difficult to tell if the cueball will go past the 9. I just set it up and put a ball on the cueballs path to the 6 and it does not look like it can hit the 6. But these diagrams are deceiving.
 

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2005
Messages
4,271
Cowboy Dennis said:
I do not see much offense here now. I would not want to move the 9 in front of the other balls but I probably would.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@2AGbj4BBTb4CBjp2DRiS2EVRf4FDfV4GRFL3HBCX2IOgE2JaBU4KUwN4LMwK4MJNJ3NPkR3OBcI2PMkS3QcYv2dOgE2dWnN2kMkS2kMkF4kbRI4kSrk@[/CUETABLE]
That shot off the nine ball is completle nothing all you are doing is letting him out of the trap and thats not a good shot because the balls are all in youre favor and on youre side off the table. Its a completly a nothing shot off the nine ball. Now that I am baring down a little more I will tell you what you should do that is bank the one ball to the bottom rail and but the cue ball behind the balls or on the second dimond off the center of the table. Witch is a nevy bad position for your opponent. Becaouse the one ball will be hard for him to return a safty and he will have a hard time playing safe off the 14 ball. And if he wants to shoot the 14 ball you can lock him up on the six ball. ANd a real simple shot is just role off the one ball and frezze him to the side rair about a half a dimond from the end rail and if he playes safe on the two ball youre next shot you shoot the 3 ball into the 6 ball and lock him up behind the
15 ball. the balls are in youre favor and you need to keep him in that position. And not just let him out of the trap. And get balls on his side off the table. You need to keep the pressure on him . YOU PUT YOURE OPPONENT WERE HE WILL MAKE A MISTAKE. OR YOU CAN LOCK HIM UP ON THE NEXT SHOT.
 

gbru

Verified Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2007
Messages
383
From
mobile al
Skin said:
The shot is the 6-3-15 combination, 15 into the hole, and back up 3 rails with the cb to behind the four balls at the top, isn't it?

Skin

Actually Skin the angle looks pretty good to me, but I went into my poolroom and set it up and it looks like the scratch would be too close to overcome.

I'm still trying to get someone to see the shot my friend shot.

Grady likes these particular shots also and shows them often in his diagrams in his articles written for Inside Pool magazine.

george
 

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2008
Messages
11,123
From
Detroit,Michigan
Artie Bodendorfer said:
That shot off the nine ball is completle nothing all you are doing is letting him out of the trap and thats not a good shot because the balls are all in youre favor and on youre side off the table. Its a completly a nothing shot off the nine ball. Now that I am baring down a little more I will tell you what you should do that is bank the one ball to the bottom rail and but the cue ball behind the balls or on the second dimond off the center of the table. Witch is a nevy bad position for your opponent. Becaouse the one ball will be hard for him to return a safty and he will have a hard time playing safe off the 14 ball. And if he wants to shoot the 14 ball you can lock him up on the six ball. ANd a real simple shot is just role off the one ball and frezze him to the side rair about a half a dimond from the end rail and if he playes safe on the two ball youre next shot you shoot the 3 ball into the 6 ball and lock him up behind the
15 ball. the balls are in youre favor and you need to keep him in that position. And not just let him out of the trap. And get balls on his side off the table. You need to keep the pressure on him . YOU PUT YOURE OPPONENT WERE HE WILL MAKE A MISTAKE. OR YOU CAN LOCK HIM UP ON THE NEXT SHOT.


Something like this Artie? If the 1 ball is frozen it's easy to double-kiss and scratch in the corner. You are hitting a lot of the 1 ball.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@2AGbj4BBTb4CBjp2DRiS2EVRf4FDfV4GRFL3HBCX2IOgE2JaBU4KUwN4LMwK4MJNJ3NPkR3OBcI2PMkS3QcYv2UGbj3UKKi3UMFl2kMkS2kFUU1kBlj1kbaQ1kSwv@[/CUETABLE]
 

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2008
Messages
11,123
From
Detroit,Michigan
gbru said:
I'm still trying to get someone to see the shot my friend shot.



george


George,

You already told us what your friend did here. But not too many people here would do something like that for any serious cash from this position. And I think we usually look at shots from that perspective. What to do for cash.

I'm not saying your shot doesn't have merit in this position, it's just not what we see first. I've never shot it from here enough to know what will happen if it comes up.
 

gbru

Verified Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2007
Messages
383
From
mobile al
Artie Bodendorfer said:
That shot off the nine ball is completle nothing all you are doing is letting him out of the trap and thats not a good shot because the balls are all in youre favor and on youre side off the table. Its a completly a nothing shot off the nine ball. Now that I am baring down a little more I will tell you what you should do that is bank the one ball to the bottom rail and but the cue ball behind the balls or on the second dimond off the center of the table. Witch is a nevy bad position for your opponent. Becaouse the one ball will be hard for him to return a safty and he will have a hard time playing safe off the 14 ball. And if he wants to shoot the 14 ball you can lock him up on the six ball. ANd a real simple shot is just role off the one ball and frezze him to the side rair about a half a dimond from the end rail and if he playes safe on the two ball youre next shot you shoot the 3 ball into the 6 ball and lock him up behind the
15 ball. the balls are in youre favor and you need to keep him in that position. And not just let him out of the trap. And get balls on his side off the table. You need to keep the pressure on him . YOU PUT YOURE OPPONENT WERE HE WILL MAKE A MISTAKE. OR YOU CAN LOCK HIM UP ON THE NEXT SHOT.

Artie....I like your idea of banking the one ball towards the pocket and putting the cueball behind the four balls.

But I don't understand when you said: "And if he wants to shoot the 14 ball you can lock him up on the six ball." (please explain?)

But then right away after that you start a way to shoot a second shot without indenting. I'm not being critical I'm just trying to help. If you would just hit the "enter" key (2) two times you could start a new paragraph to explain your second thoughts and that would help others see what you are writing without everything going together.

george
 

gbru

Verified Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2007
Messages
383
From
mobile al
Cowboy Dennis said:
George,

You already told us what your friend did here. But not too many people here would do something like that for any serious cash from this position. And I think we usually look at shots from that perspective. What to do for cash.

I'm not saying your shot doesn't have merit in this position, it's just not what we see first. I've never shot it from here enough to know what will happen if it comes up.

Oh!

Well I guess I forgot after having been so involved with trying to learn the WEI table.

I guess I'm picking up where Dick left off.:)

Duh!
 

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2008
Messages
11,123
From
Detroit,Michigan
Artie Bodendorfer said:
That shot off the nine ball is completle nothing QUOTE]


I've never heard anyone ever say this but me, when I am teaching someone to play one-pocket, but here is what I tell them:"When there's nothing to do, do nothing".
 

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2005
Messages
4,271
Cowboy Dennis said:
Something like this Artie? If the 1 ball is frozen it's easy to double-kiss and scratch in the corner. You are hitting a lot of the 1 ball.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@2AGbj4BBTb4CBjp2DRiS2EVRf4FDfV4GRFL3HBCX2IOgE2JaBU4KUwN4LMwK4MJNJ3NPkR3OBcI2PMkS3QcYv2UGbj3UKKi3UMFl2kMkS2kFUU1kBlj1kbaQ1kSwv@[/CUETABLE]
Thats very good but the cue ball stays closer to the end rail with reverse. You make these diagrams very helpfull and you do them good and the will help people to see and understand better. Then just talking shots. Pictures say a millinon words. ITs like on one off youre other illistations were the 14 ball wasant thier and you banked the oneball with reverse. You want the same action. And it is hard to play safe but with the cue ball in the middle of the table its not to good off a shot. You can even shoot the nine ball to the rail and freeze the cue ball on the rail straight behind the 10 ball. And these are very easy shots to execuite. THe balls are in youre favor because theare on youre
side off the table. THier are three or more choices to shoot. And thier is not one super strong shot her to shoot. You are mostly positioning the cue ball were he will make a mistake or you can out manover him to making a mistake.
 

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2005
Messages
4,271
Cowboy Dennis said:
Something like this Artie? If the 1 ball is frozen it's easy to double-kiss and scratch in the corner. You are hitting a lot of the 1 ball.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@2AGbj4BBTb4CBjp2DRiS2EVRf4FDfV4GRFL3HBCX2IOgE2JaBU4KUwN4LMwK4MJNJ3NPkR3OBcI2PMkS3QcYv2UGbj3UKKi3UMFl2kMkS2kFUU1kBlj1kbaQ1kSwv@[/CUETABLE]
Thats very good but the cue ball stays closer to the end rail with reverse. You make these diagrams very helpfull and you do them good and the will help people to see and understand better. Then just talking shots. Pictures say a millinon words. ITs like on one off youre other illistations were the 14 ball wasant thier and you banked the oneball with reverse. You want the same action. And it is hard to play safe but with the cue ball in the middle of the table its not to good off a shot. You can even shoot the nine ball to the rail and freeze the cue ball on the rail straight behind the 10 ball. And these are very easy shots to execuite. THe balls are in youre favor because theare on youre
side off the table. THier are three or more choices to shoot. And thier is not one super strong shot her to shoot. You are mostly positioning the cue ball were he will make a mistake or you can out manover him to making a mistake.
 

Skin

Verified Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2008
Messages
2,283
gbru said:
Actually Skin the angle looks pretty good to me, but I went into my poolroom and set it up and it looks like the scratch would be too close to overcome.

I'm still trying to get someone to see the shot my friend shot.

Grady likes these particular shots also and shows them often in his diagrams in his articles written for Inside Pool magazine.

george


OK, George. I haven't set it up on my table. It just looks like a good angle on the WEI to me. I still might consider shooting it even if a slight adjustment was needed to avoid the scratch because it moves the 15 over to my hole and leaves the cb safe behind that fence of balls where he can't knock it away.

Skin
 

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2008
Messages
11,123
From
Detroit,Michigan
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Thats very good but the cue ball stays closer to the end rail with reverse. You make these diagrams very helpfull and you do them good and the will help people to see and understand better. Then just talking shots. Pictures say a millinon words. ITs like on one off youre other illistations were the 14 ball wasant thier and you banked the oneball with reverse. You want the same action. And it is hard to play safe but with the cue ball in the middle of the table its not to good off a shot. You can even shoot the nine ball to the rail and freeze the cue ball on the rail straight behind the 10 ball. And these are very easy shots to execuite. THe balls are in youre favor because theare on youre
side off the table. THier are three or more choices to shoot. And thier is not one super strong shot her to shoot. You are mostly positioning the cue ball were he will make a mistake or you can out manover him to making a mistake.


I was thinking of this shot but it's so hard to tell if it was possible or not. If it was, I would shoot it before I played my previous safety.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@2AGbj4BBTb4CBjp2DRiS2EVRf4FDfV4GRFL3HBCX2IOgE2JaBU4KUwN4LMwK4MJNJ3NPkR3OBcI2PMkS3QcYv2dOgE3daOw3dVJv2kMkS2kOXK2kasF2kVlU@[/CUETABLE]
 

gbru

Verified Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2007
Messages
383
From
mobile al
gbru said:
Oh!

Well I guess I forgot after having been so involved with trying to learn the WEI table.

I guess I'm picking up where Dick left off.:)

Duh!

Anyway, that was before I knew how to edit. Here is the edited version of his shot so others can see it.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@2AGSi4BBTb4CBjp2DRiS2EVRf4FDfV4GRFL3HBCX2IOgE2JaBU4KUwN4LMwK4MJNJ3NPkR3OBcI2PMTQ3QcYv2UGSi1UbXq3UNbU2kMTQ2kHAa2kLpj2kWJp2kWqm2kXPk3uCtJ@[/CUETABLE]
 

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2008
Messages
11,123
From
Detroit,Michigan
gbru said:
Anyway, that was before I knew how to edit. Here is the edited version of his shot so others can see it.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@2AGSi4BBTb4CBjp2DRiS2EVRf4FDfV4GRFL3HBCX2IOgE2JaBU4KUwN4LMwK4MJNJ3NPkR3OBcI2PMTQ3QcYv2UGSi1UbXq3UNbU2kMTQ2kHAa2kLpj2kWJp2kWqm2kXPk3uCtJ@[/CUETABLE]




For those that have not seen it or do not remember, he is shooting a double-kiss or a kiss shot (Rod).
 

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2005
Messages
4,271
gbru said:
Anyway, that was before I knew how to edit. Here is the edited version of his shot so others can see it.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@2AGSi4BBTb4CBjp2DRiS2EVRf4FDfV4GRFL3HBCX2IOgE2JaBU4KUwN4LMwK4MJNJ3NPkR3OBcI2PMTQ3QcYv2UGSi1UbXq3UNbU2kMTQ2kHAa2kLpj2kWJp2kWqm2kXPk3uCtJ@[/CUETABLE]
This shot can not be excicuted the way its showen. The cue ball and object ball can not take those angles on a pool table.
 

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2008
Messages
11,123
From
Detroit,Michigan
Artie Bodendorfer said:
This shot can not be excicuted the way its showen. The cue ball and object ball can not take those angles on a pool table.


Artie,

His friend double-kissed the 1 ball into his pocket. See what I started.
 

vapros

Verified Member
Joined
May 24, 2004
Messages
4,517
From
baton rouge, la
How about . .

How about . .

Maybe you could hit the one ball left of center, sending it across to the long rail, just past the side pocket and on to the short rail and then into the balls at the foot of the table. Anything that comes out of that will be going your way, and you can hide the cue ball behind the 5-10, or anywhere you want it in that area. Much easier to handle the rock with this approach.

I'm giving myself an A for this brilliant idea. Any poster on this site, including me, could make this shot.
 

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2008
Messages
11,123
From
Detroit,Michigan
vapros said:
Maybe you could hit the one ball left of center, sending it across to the long rail, just past the side pocket and on to the short rail and then into the balls at the foot of the table. Anything that comes out of that will be going your way, and you can hide the cue ball behind the 5-10, or anywhere you want it in that area. Much easier to handle the rock with this approach.

I'm giving myself an A for this brilliant idea. Any poster on this site, including me, could make this shot.


That looks like a good shot that no one has seen yet. You win a cookie.(Don Rickles). And you get an A. I don't think the 1 can hit just a little past the side from where it is.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@2AGSi4BBTb4CBjp2DRiS2EVRf4FDfV4GRFL3HBCX2IOgE2JaBU4KUwN4LMwK4MJNJ3NPkR3OBcI2PMTQ3QcYv2UGSi4UbXe4UQni4UEuI2kMTQ2kHAR2kMnk2kYtT3uCtJ@[/CUETABLE]
 

gbru

Verified Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2007
Messages
383
From
mobile al
Cowboy Dennis said:
That looks like a good shot that no one has seen yet. You win a cookie.(Don Rickles). And you get an A. I don't think the 1 can hit just a little past the side from where it is.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@2AGSi4BBTb4CBjp2DRiS2EVRf4FDfV4GRFL3HBCX2IOgE2JaBU4KUwN4LMwK4MJNJ3NPkR3OBcI2PMTQ3QcYv2UGSi4UbXe4UQni4UEuI2kMTQ2kHAR2kMnk2kYtT3uCtJ@[/CUETABLE]

Very nice Vapros.......If I was giving out prizes for the best solution for my shot you would win. It is definately easier than my double kiss 2 railer on the one ball, which I would probably save for another situation since all of you experts keep coming up with alternative shots that are a lot easier to execute.

george
 
Top