New rules

Jimmy B

Verified Member
The game between Ike and Abernathy , was that the new foul rule ?

Well if you're going to take an intentional, do NOT just touch it with the ferrule. You need to use the tip with a forward motion. Ike must not have went to players meeting. It was covered by Shuman.

Cal

Verified Member
From
Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
New rules

Well if you're going to take an intentional, do NOT just touch it with the ferrule. You need to use the tip with a forward motion. Ike must not have went to players meeting. It was covered by Shuman.

I understand that, but since when do you get QB in hand behind the head string ?

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
frank
here is the link to the dcc one pocket rules
http://www.dcctickets.com/OnePocket/tabid/71/Default.aspx

heres what it says about "deliberate cue ball fouls"

Deliberate Cue Ball Foul: If you wish to take a deliberate cue ball foul, you must use your cue tip to strike the cue ball. If you strike the cue ball with anything other than the cue tip, in addition to the foul penalty, your opponent receives cue ball in hand behind the head string.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
frank
here is the link to the dcc one pocket rules
http://www.dcctickets.com/OnePocket/tabid/71/Default.aspx

heres what it says about "deliberate cue ball fouls"

Deliberate Cue Ball Foul: If you wish to take a deliberate cue ball foul, you must use your cue tip to strike the cue ball. If you strike the cue ball with anything other than the cue tip, in addition to the foul penalty, your opponent receives cue ball in hand behind the head string.

Right Larry. And that also goes for when you trap or wedge the cue ball to corner hook opponents.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Right Larry. And that also goes for when you trap or wedge the cue ball to corner hook opponents.

right you are Jimmy B

from the link above
Trapping or Wedging the Cue Ball: It is a foul if you deliberately trap or wedge the cue ball in the jaw of the pocket. In addition to the foul penalty, your opponent receives cue ball in hand behind the head string.

Aaron871

Trapping or Wedging the Cue Ball: It is a foul if you deliberately trap or wedge the cue ball in the jaw of the pocket. In addition to the foul penalty, your opponent receives cue ball in hand behind the head string.

This right here is BS.

If I'm good enough to shoot the ball into the pocket and wedge it into the jaw.... it should be safe in my mind....

I'm risking the cue ball scratching and the cue ball not wedging safe... that's a fair shot if you can make it.

Just my opinion.

ChrisBanks

Verified Member
From
Rochester, NY
This right here is BS.

If I'm good enough to shoot the ball into the pocket and wedge it into the jaw.... it should be safe in my mind....

I'm risking the cue ball scratching and the cue ball not wedging safe... that's a fair shot if you can make it.

Just my opinion.

I believe they are referring to "pinning" the cueball to the jaws of a pocket so that the opponent is corner hooked. We had talked about this here a few times before.

It happened to me once, and despite my argument I did not receive ball in hand.

My argument was that if you are allowed to pin the cueball in that instance, I should be able to push the cueball around anywhere I want, and pin it wherever I want on any shot.

Aaron871

I believe they are referring to "pinning" the cueball to the jaws of a pocket so that the opponent is corner hooked. We had talked about this here a few times before.

It happened to me once, and despite my argument I did not receive ball in hand.

My argument was that if you are allowed to pin the cueball in that instance, I should be able to push the cueball around anywhere I want, and pin it wherever I want on any shot.

Excuse my ignorance. I'm confused by your response.

Can you not shoot, push, pin the cueball anywhere you want if your willing to take the scratch?

Is there a difference in how the scratch is taken, that I'm not taking into account?

I've played guys and had them stuck..... and they oped to shoot into the upper corner pocket with the utmost finesses, corner hooking me.... more power to them in my eyes....

ChrisBanks

Verified Member
From
Rochester, NY

Can you not shoot, push, pin the cueball anywhere you want if your willing to take the scratch?

Is there a difference in how the scratch is taken, that I'm not taking into account?

I've played guys and had them stuck..... and they oped to shoot into the upper corner pocket with the utmost finesses, corner hooking me.... more power to them in my eyes....

I think the concern is that it must be done with a legal stroke. You cannot intentionally use an illegal stroke to manuever the cueball.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

you can not push the cue ball and hold the cue tip on the cue ball to wedge it into a corner hook position
thats a foul
if you corner hook some one with a legal stroke as chrisbank said thats ok

Aaron871

you can not push the cue ball and hold the cue tip on the cue ball to wedge it into a corner hook position
thats a foul
if you corner hook some one with a legal stroke as chrisbank said thats ok

Is that a new rule for the DCC?
Or is that in the old book somewhere?

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Is that a new rule for the DCC?
Or is that in the old book somewhere?

Aaron,

In many places today you cannot place the tip against the cueball and pin it to the pocket facing. However, that was the way it was played for many high-dollar games here and I've done it myself. I guess now you can't or at least you must clarify it if you're going to gamble.

As to giving up BIH, that I don't know about.

Dennis

Aaron871

Aaron,

In many places today you cannot place the tip against the cueball and pin it to the pocket facing. However, that was the way it was played for many high-dollar games here and I've done it myself. I guess now you can't or at least you must clarify it if you're going to gamble.

As to giving up BIH, that I don't know about.

Dennis

Just another of many things I would never think to clarify until it was too late...

For example most of the action players in this area don't think they owe a ball if they spit one off the table. I think they do... I never thought it was a question until I played in DC..... Just another of many things I would never think to clarify until it was too late... :rolleyes:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Just another of many things I would never think to clarify until it was too late...

For example most of the action players in this area don't think they owe a ball if they spit one off the table. I think they do... I never thought it was a question until I played in DC..... Just another of many things I would never think to clarify until it was too late... :rolleyes:

I've never played an object ball knocked off the table is a foul and I never will. To me that's just a tournament rule and has no business in gambling, not for my money anyway.

Dennis

Aaron871

I've never played an object ball knocked off the table is a foul and I never will. To me that's just a tournament rule and has no business in gambling, not for my money anyway.

Dennis

Yes.

My point exactly.... and "tip against the cueball and pin it to the pocket facing" could be interpreted as "just a tournament rule" as well....

Many things that I would never think to clarify before playing a stranger....

For the record, I'm not arguing either rule. I'm more interested in what people here would do when in action and something like this comes up...... Of course all is fair if we agree to it before we start, but who would think to cover everything.

(Thread Derailment in progress):sorry

ChrisBanks

Verified Member
From
Rochester, NY
I don't see how it can be thought that wedging the cueball is a legal shot.

If that is true, I can take a cueball in the middle of the table and push it all the way across the table and freeze it to the pocket facing (knocking a few balls to my hole as I'm pushing along).

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Yes.

My point exactly.... and "tip against the cueball and pin it to the pocket facing" could be interpreted as "just a tournament rule" as well....No, there were a few who didn't want to play this way 30 years ago, of course they usually remembered they didn't play that way just after they almost scratched and put their game ball near their pocket on a 5x10 snookertable leaving you nothing to do except pin the rock to the pocket facing. All of the guys who bet high here agreed that it was a legal shot and a simple foul. Times change. It comes up so rarely that it's almost not worth arguing either way.

Many things that I would never think to clarify before playing a stranger....

For the record, I'm not arguing either rule. I'm more interested in what people here would do when in action and something like this comes up...... Of course all is fair if we agree to it before we start, but who would think to cover everything.

(Thread Derailment in progress):sorry

Aaron,

The original question in this thread has been asked & answered, you cannot hijack it now:p.

Dennis

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I don't see how it can be thought that wedging the cueball is a legal shot.

If that is true, I can take a cueball in the middle of the table and push it all the way across the table and freeze it to the pocket facing (knocking a few balls to my hole as I'm pushing along).

The All-Zaniness site will be back up soon.