New Hope for Pool? Hmm … Perhaps.

sunnyone

Verified Member
From
nyc
Dear Gentle Readers,

I recently read (this was on the Internet so it must be true, no?) that 13% of Americans have ‘cut the cord.’ That is, they cancelled cable and satellite TV in favor, mostly, of streaming.

More interesting, much more interesting, is that an additional 11% have never subscribed to any broadcast television services. These folks represent the youngest demographic … digital from birth.

But think of it … 13% plus 11% - - almost one in four Americans is dependent on streaming, live and otherwise, for news, entertainment, sports, etc.

I was thinking of this yesterday while watching a live-stream one-pocket session on POV. Streamed from the new California Billiards in Fremont, it featured some of the top combatants in the world.

Live, free, into my home.

Streaming is my life,

Sunny

P. S. That one-pocket stream is scheduled also for today and tomorrow at www.povpool.com

youngstownkid

Verified Member
Yes, but 95% of ppl don't care for pool, and of those that would watch it...95% of the pool streams aren't enjoyable to watch. All guesses on %s and just my opinion, of course. But there are some great streams with great commentators, it's just a rarity. The rest is clutter and a detrement imho.

yk

unoperro

Verified Member
Oh Solar Empress, you dont need to diminish your elloquence for 1 pocket.org. ! Words like "immatasticle" reverbrate here;)

JoeyA

Verified Member
From
Metairie, LA
I see you've been verified. Come play in one pocket.org's event at Lacy's Cue in New Orleans, September and I'll even buy you dinner.

JoeyA

Dear Gentle Readers,

I recently read (this was on the Internet so it must be true, no?) that 13% of Americans have ‘cut the cord.’ That is, they cancelled cable and satellite TV in favor, mostly, of streaming.

More interesting, much more interesting, is that an additional 11% have never subscribed to any broadcast television services. These folks represent the youngest demographic … digital from birth.

But think of it … 13% plus 11% - - almost one in four Americans is dependent on streaming, live and otherwise, for news, entertainment, sports, etc.

I was thinking of this yesterday while watching a live-stream one-pocket session on POV. Streamed from the new California Billiards in Fremont, it featured some of the top combatants in the world.

Live, free, into my home.

Streaming is my life,

Sunny

P. S. That one-pocket stream is scheduled also for today and tomorrow at www.povpool.com