N. Varner vs. E. Reyes 1999 D.C.C.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Varner has just ran 6 balls and it's still his shot. He owes one ball. Efren has one ball. What would you do?

varner's shot1.jpg

varner's shot2.jpg

ball numbers.jpg

Last edited:

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Make the 12 ball roll up table. If you rub the 11 ball or get on the 1 ball try to win, if not make the 7 ball. If you scratch in the side off the 11 ball, you're blacker than coal.
Rod.

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Nick could dig that 8-ball (7-ball?) out of there, but it's difficult to control the CB-- no guarantee of not leaving Reyes a shot. If he can see enough of the 10-ball (or whatever ball that is below and to the right of the foot spot) to make it, Nick is good enough to make that shot, then roll the CB uptable for the 2, then the 9. The combination looks pretty tough.

Me? I'd probably dig the 8 out of the hole unless I felt real confident about the 10-ball...;)

Doc

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
Wwyd

Wwyd

Just roll the ducker in and keep cue ball on side rail.This should stop Reyes from banking.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Considering the score, and the fact that the ball is too deep in the pocket for a sure-thing-controllable-dig-out, any normal human One Pocket player is supposed to make the guy's ball for him, rail first, leaving him froze on the head rail - end of discussion...:cool:...

Now if a guy in this scenario shot as straight as Shane or John Schmidt, and wanted to shoot the 10 ball instead (presuming he could see enough of the 10 ball to make it) - that would be permissible - barely - but it would still be the second best choice...:cool:

- The :hehpinionated Gh:hehst

WillieNilly

Verified Member
From
N.E Pennsylvania
for MY money id make the 7 and soft roll qball to the back of the cluster, try to snnoker him from seeing anything down table.
A good aggressive shot that i may shoot against someone besides efren is make his 7 in and send the rock to thin hit that 12 carom off the 13 to your pocket, qball slides up table.

i play a guy that hits me with this kinda stuff alll the time.

RedCard

Verified Member
Why I Don't Play

Why I Don't Play

Ten doesn't look too tough, shoot it with a dig out, guaranteeing a scratch and giving Efren the 7 balls he needs. Or thin the left side of the two and try to freeze him up to that down table stripe. I'd imagine Efren is a hard man to leave safe.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
whats up fellas.....havent been around much lately....its playoff hockey time.

i'm with doc, load it up back rail first, maybe even cross it over. any mortal is going to lose it, but i think you're ok if you stay east of the 1/2.....

now somebody can call me a dumbass....

LETS GO BLUES!
:)

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
whats up fellas.....havent been around much lately....its playoff hockey time.

i'm with doc, load it up back rail first, maybe even cross it over. any mortal is going to lose it, but i think you're ok if you stay east of the 1/2.....

now somebody can call me a dumbass....

LETS GO BLUES!
:)

Attachments

• dumbass-702602.jpg
    dumbass-702602.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 0

tylerdurden

Verified Member
I give him the7-ball and leave the cue ball bottom rail -- keep it simple with a 6-2 lead.

It is actually 5 to 2, but I like your shot too. We all know he aint doing that though - but these are wwyd's, so.... :)

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Shoot combo, make thirteen and seven, seven main concern.

Good choice. Unless of course the combo carom is on, but I don't think it is. I would be afraid if I just conceded the ball and left the cue ball there, Reyes would just make the kick combo shot and run out. He could make that shot like it had eyes. But then again, I would do what this fellow suggested.

The Waiter

senor

Verified Member
A lot of times running 6 you don't want to stop shooting...if the combo is laying good it may be time for a heat check :heh Framalamdingdong and the 11 probably end up in a spot where you could continue your inning.

If the 12 can be cut in I probably like that shot like Rod pointed out.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
This is the LEAST debatable WWYD ever created by the "Lunatic"...If I my $$$ were involved with anyone, (even SVB, or God himself) and he even looked at any other shot than the Ghost's, (post # 6)...I would shoot him right between the eyes, because I would know I was in a trap... I don't think even Corey, would pass on making the ball in Effy's pocket. (but he might ;))

The :hehpininated D:hehck

PS..Sorry if I knocked you and Senor's action, Rodney..(Who are you trying to convince you would make THAT choice ?)

Jimmy B

Verified Member
This is the LEAST debatable WWYD ever created by the "Lunatic"...If I my $$$ were involved with anyone, (even SVB, or God himself) and he even looked at any other shot than the Ghost's, (post # 6)...I would shoot him right between the eyes, because I would know I was in a trap... I don't think even Corey, would pass on making the ball in Effy's pocket. (but he might ;))

PS..Sorry if I knocked you and Senor's action, Rodney..(Who are you trying to convince you would make THAT choice ?)

At least we got you in action now... Good Shot...

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown

I agree with what the Ghost already stated in post #6

It is actually 5 to 2, but I also agree with what the Ghost already stated in post #6

...Good Shot Ghost...

......:cool:.....

Attachments

• GHOST EDITOR 2.jpg
    GHOST EDITOR 2.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 0