My First WWYD

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/5gpx3UX3agWovXVK7 If I was to hit it harder then the cb stays further up table, but I believe most would agree that pocket speed is more important on this bank.
I also video taped Frank's inside reverse english bank but it is not loading, will try again. It is a beautiful shot.
Frank's shot is very high end. At just above pocket speed with 1/2 tip of inside reverse the cb stayed in the kitchen.
Thanks Andy for the wwyd.
Whitey

Last edited:

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
I like the bank here personally. Honestly the safe looks harder than the bank here. Trying to hit the left side of the 8 ball slowly from that distance will lead to disaster eventually. My opinion is to shoot the bank as Frank stated earlier. I believe you will lose less games shooting the bank from this spot.
Exactamundo... well thought out

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I like playing this shot to my hole one rail using a lot of left spin and center ball the cue ball doubles the rails and stays down table to your side limiting the chance of leaving a cross corner bank to his pocket
I like that shot too, and I play it when it comes up. What gives me pause in this layout is shooting the CB from the jaws over the pocket iron. For me that makes it much more difficult. If the CB were 6-8" closer to the shot I wouldn't consider anything else.

In this particular type of shot I generally aim to slightly miss the OB, and and allow the swerve to bring it into the ball.