MOT Report

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Got there Thursday, room was nice. Good job to Rowsey getting us a discount.
Played Warren all afternoon Thurs.
Picked up Mitch at the airport. Didn't play the one ball one pocket.
Ran the Auction and Tournament which was a suprise. 3520 in the Auction which was pretty good.
Went two and out in the tournament. Played Johnny Willis first round and never really had a good shot until the last game. Nick next and he really moved good against me.. Managed to sneak 1 game out of three losses so I was out.
Played Steve bank until 1 that was fun but probably overdid it..lol
Saturday morning I find Dustins sick so I got the poor SOB some medicine.. I was shocked he got sick.. what a bummer...
Anyway ate with Steve and John, got the tourney going, money all sorted and each place tagged for easy payouts. Put out a few fires.
Played Steve banks again and quit after 2 games...lol. I had hit the wall and getting testy...lol. I found I have a very pronounced wall I hit when I get tired right now and both my body and mind stop working. I'm working on getting my stamina back but its slow going. I ended up going home Sat night a day early. Glad I did. I had everything set and ready so Matt and all took it over the final 4 day.
The bar maid was great. She kept me going telling me she loved me several times a day. Unfortunately she turned down my several offers of marriage. Highlight of my weekend chatting with her every day. They are lucky to have her there.
Andy's wife was super nice all weekend and helped me sort and tag all the moneys.
Of course the guys were fun going out to eat etc.

A few things cropped up during this tournament that need addressed in the future. We learn more every one of these we have. I'll do that in a few more weeks when the fishing slows down and I get settled in more.
The bottom line is there needs to be guidelines pre set with the room owners on what WE expect from a host so they aren't surprised. Stuff like greens fees for the whole weekend, not just for the tournament. I think that will stimulate more action. Like I say there is a whole list of stuff so they are more aware.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Got there Thursday, room was nice. Good job to Rowsey getting us a discount.
Played Warren all afternoon Thurs.
Picked up Mitch at the airport. Didn't play the one ball one pocket.
Ran the Auction and Tournament which was a suprise. 3520 in the Auction which was pretty good.
Went two and out in the tournament. Played Johnny Willis first round and never really had a good shot until the last game. Nick next and he really moved good against me.. Managed to sneak 1 game out of three losses so I was out.
Played Steve bank until 1 that was fun but probably overdid it..lol
Saturday morning I find Dustins sick so I got the poor SOB some medicine.. I was shocked he got sick.. what a bummer...
Anyway ate with Steve and John, got the tourney going, money all sorted and each place tagged for easy payouts. Put out a few fires.
Played Steve banks again and quit after 2 games...lol. I had hit the wall and getting testy...lol. I found I have a very pronounced wall I hit when I get tired right now and both my body and mind stop working. I'm working on getting my stamina back but its slow going. I ended up going home Sat night a day early. Glad I did. I had everything set and ready so Matt and all took it over the final 4 day.
The bar maid was great. She kept me going telling me she loved me several times a day. Unfortunately she turned down my several offers of marriage. Highlight of my weekend chatting with her every day. They are lucky to have her there.
Andy's wife was super nice all weekend and helped me sort and tag all the moneys.
Of course the guys were fun going out to eat etc.

A few things cropped up during this tournament that need addressed in the future. We learn more every one of these we have. I'll do that in a few more weeks when the fishing slows down and I get settled in more.
The bottom line is there needs to be guidelines pre set with the room owners on what WE expect from a host so they aren't surprised. Stuff like greens fees for the whole weekend, not just for the tournament. I think that will stimulate more action. Like I say there is a whole list of stuff so they are more aware.
You were amazing, John, you did a great job under trying circumstances. Especially after your health problems. I think I speak for everyone that it was great that you made it and seemed healthy - we were all happy to see & spend time with you. Please don't scare us like that again. 😲💪😊

Thanks for all you do.

Dave
P.S. no need to rush into marriage no matter how charming Mackenzie was. 😂🤣😘

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Thanks for the report buddy!

To spar with Warren all afternoon takes stamina in itself, way to go man ;)

Hope to see you again soon!

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Agreed, Dave. Thanks John for everything you did, including the ride from the airport. You did an awesome job with the Calcutta too! I’m glad I ducked you this trip! :)

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
You were amazing, John, you did a great job under trying circumstances. Especially after your health problems. I think I speak for everyone that it was great that you made it and seemed healthy - we were all happy to see & spend time with you. Please don't scare us like that again. 😲💪😊

Thanks for all you do.

Dave
P.S. no need to rush into marriage no matter how charming Mackenzie was. 😂🤣😘
I can’t say my sentiments any better than this — THANK YOU John!! Onepocket.org is blessed to have dedicated volunteers like you! Thank you again!!

As for the greens fees, since Andy donated the entire greens fees back into the tournament as money added, I had no problem with paying for time once I was out of the tournament. I think that’s a pretty good trade off — although I did play a lot this year!

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
John, You are a great guy. Isnt playing Warren fun? No matter how tough the leave, he will make a ball and run out. I dont know why I have always done so well with the guy. I am glad to hear you were able to get so much done. Finding that wall is important. Read the signs and you can stop in enough time that your recovery isnt stunted. For me, when my t-shirt gets soaked, its time for me to stop. John is doing well too. It good both of you are doing so well. Another successful tournament and all returned home well and safe. I wish it was not so hard to get to Memphis from where I am. It would be nice to find a centrally located room where all of our expectations could be met, we could have an annual MOT besides the regional tournaments.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I can’t say my sentiments any better than this — THANK YOU John!! Onepocket.org is blessed to have dedicated volunteers like you! Thank you again!!

As for the greens fees, since Andy donated the entire greens fees back into the tournament as money added, I had no problem with paying for time once I was out of the tournament. I think that’s a pretty good trade off — although I did play a lot this year!
We have to have a tournament where the owner isnt the favorite to win. Beating Ben twice is a big deal.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
John, You are a great guy. Isnt playing Warren fun? No matter how tough the leave, he will make a ball and run out. I dont know why I have always done so well with the guy. I am glad to hear you were able to get so much done. Finding that wall is important. Read the signs and you can stop in enough time that your recovery isnt stunted. For me, when my t-shirt gets soaked, its time for me to stop. John is doing well too. It good both of you are doing so well. Another successful tournament and all returned home well and safe. I wish it was not so hard to get to Memphis from where I am. It would be nice to find a centrally located room where all of our expectations could be met, we could have an annual MOT besides the regional tournaments.
Pretty up there where you live though.
Yes me and Warren have a good time. I managed to squeeze out a few games ahead this time. I think he missed his traveling buddy. I know we all did.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.

I didn't have a problem with greens fees this time.. I do have a solution for future greens fees in mind. I'll go over several ideas I have soon.