MOT player eligibility poll -- Facebook members

Should we allow Facebook members to qualify for our MOT's?

• Yes, without any Fargo limit

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Yes, with a Fargo limit of 650

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Yes with a Fargo limit of 700

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • No, players need to 100% qualify here in the forum

Votes: 13 44.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Looks like this ones decided and I'll guess we will see if Steves vision for the MOT works out. I hope it turns into something big for all of us.

Just a thought, he could charge non website members a higher entry which the extra would go to the website fund.

I think its time for us dissenting members to move on and support the players and tournament.
I'm sure Steve won't mind if we run our fall mini the same way we always do. So there's that.

Last edited:

Tyronedng

Sooo if you're a member of a One Pocket.org you don't qualify less you have 20 conversations, been a member over 6 months but you go through Facebook you qualify? Got it

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Sooo if you're a member of a One Pocket.org you don't qualify less you have 20 conversations, been a member over 6 months but you go through Facebook you qualify? Got it
No, we are looking at the same requirements both places -- the only difference is that for Facebook qualifying, players are limited to a 670 Fargo max. You said earlier your Fargo was 703 or somtehing -- that would mean you could only qualify by posting here, and meeting the timing requirements.

Tyronedng

I really don't see anyone on here responding except Steve unless they know the person. Kinda hard to have a conversation and meet new players

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I really don't see anyone on here responding except Steve unless they know the person. Kinda hard to have a conversation and meet new players

You don't have to have deep conversations with people... Just POSTS!!.. But we can have one.. Tell us what you know and remember about Wayne Giles from Fayetteville area..

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
Wow, I guess I just cannot please you lately. I vetted the idea beforehand -- members that commented about it were 100% clear that they thought all members should be eligible to vote, and they were -- the poll had definitive results, and I went with the results. Where's the bullshit except that you don't agree??? And btw, I did nothing behind the scenes to influence the voting, contrary to Lou's insinuation lol. Please don't tell me you are stooping to that level. In fact there was NOTHING on our Facebook page about the voting going on, so I am pretty confident this was just our usual members here over 3 days. With our old forum software I could see who voted, but I do not know how to see that with the new Xenforo -- maybe cincy does and he can reassure you.

The whole issue of when or whether to allow Facebook qualifying is not new and probably not even my idea. Sorry you may have missed that.

You do realize I hope that it is impossible to please everybody -- that is in fact why we often have voting.

deleted my post. it was too much and i apologize for that.

they are just one pocket tournaments and nothing that any of us should get so spent up over. i just strongly believe that it is a critical error and have earned the spot to say so.

like crabbman says, let's see how the vision of future MOTs works out....i'll do my part to hopefully help make them successful.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
I believe Steve has done a good job with the poll, and interpretating it. The key was the actually asking of the attending MOT players their thoughts. I agree 670 or under is a good starting point for this MOT.
Whitey

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Look at this poll, it is 3 yes choices and just one no choice. Yes, is easily going to win this. It is already 11 to 5.
Maybe the fb participants are finally participating in our forums, I got to laugh!
I guess this poll is going to qualify them for an MOT event. I still got to laugh!

But I do not see how this is fair to the verified members that have signed up for this event, for they 'were' expecting to be playing against their fellow verified members!
The verified members that have signed up for this MOT should be the only one's voting. Ask them what they want, it is their earned event.
Whitey
Fair? Whoever said OPORG was fair? If you don’t like FB, that is OK, but the guys who post on FB post about OP. The point is to expand OP, not to have an elitists organization. JMHO

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Fair? Whoever said OPORG was fair? If you don’t like FB, that is OK, but the guys who post on FB post about OP. The point is to expand OP, not to have an elitists organization. JMHO
That was a very early on post of mine on the thread. My above post #112 is relevant and is the resulting conclusion of the input of the thread. It is called being open minded and adhering to the members thoughts. The key; Steve contacted the attending members for their thoughts, that is it! Done!
guys have a great tourney!
Whitey

lfigueroa

Verified Member
NH Steve said:
“…And btw, I did nothing behind the scenes to influence the voting, contrary to Lou's insinuation lol. Please don't tell me you are stooping to that level.”

*It was a joke* — unless you’ve been living under a rock, unaware of what’s been in the news lately, it was clearly a humorous reference which a couple of members acknowledged with a comment and emoji.

Lou Figueroa

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
NH Steve said:
“…And btw, I did nothing behind the scenes to influence the voting, contrary to Lou's insinuation lol. Please don't tell me you are stooping to that level.”

*It was a joke* — unless you’ve been living under a rock, unaware of what’s been in the news lately, it was clearly a humorous reference which a couple of members acknowledged with a comment and emoji.

Lou Figueroa
I’m very aware of news and of course I got your “joke”. It’s a typical bullyish thing btw, to blow off a comment with insidious undertones when you get called out on it, by claiming it’s just a “joke”. A smart guy like you should know that and do better — especially when you’ve been repeatedly warned.

Tyronedng

Someone replied if I new Wayne Giles well he was also known as Wayne Johnson and Wayne Crane. He use different names to get action when he was on the road

Tyronedng

I brought a stretch bridge extension he invented and had the patent on back in 2000 20001

Tyronedng

Played him one pocket a couple of times. Real nice guy. Learned a lot playing him. First person I ever seen shot a five rail bank shot in a match

Tyronedng

He had another guy an older guy that use to ride with him I can't remember his name but I think he was the real inventor of the stretch bridge