Most outrageous spot?

Tylerbob

Verified Member
From
Chandler Texas
Last week in Houston I saw a local mover give up 33-4, and came away substantial winner. It must be said that his opponent was considerably over served. Several times Mr. Mover had to wake him up and tell him which pocket was his, but still..... It would seem like a guy could get 4 balls by accident. Anybody seen a bigger spot?

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Last week in Houston I saw a local mover give up 33-4, and came away substantial winner. It must be said that his opponent was considerably over served. Several times Mr. Mover had to wake him up and tell him which pocket was his, but still..... It would seem like a guy could get 4 balls by accident. Anybody seen a bigger spot?

Yes a player called Head who has sinced passed gave the same guy 30/3

sneakynito

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX

Was pretty funny seeing Barry dump his ashtray full of pennies by his pocket for each game.

unoperro

Verified Member
Probably told the story before but .

Little Al offered Joe Salazar 23 to 7.

Salazar shot 1 ball and Al said I cant give you this game,you play to good.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
That's pretty wild! It makes me wonder how the negotiations started-- how they got to those numbers. "Hey, I'll give you 12-6." "No, I need 33-4"...:D

~Doc

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
I beat Buddy Hall and Norman Hitchcock at Truloves in OKC in 1970 playing 9 ball.. I was with a guy named Billy Jordan who liked pool and was my stake horse... We won several thousand over two days of playing and I was wore out...
I went to the motel to get some rest because we were supposed to play again the next day...

I musta slept 10 hours and when I woke there was no Billy in sight... I went to Truloves and there Billy was, playing Hitchcock one pocket... I was totally stunned to find out that we were broke and firing an air barrel... Billy was a sucker for big spots and thought he had the cold blooded nuts... Hitchcock was giving Billy 16/2 and all the breaks... Now if i had been there, I would never have allowed Billy to play... The break was a detriment to Billy, Billy scratched on the break abou 50% of the time... Anyway, 16/2 seemed like an incredible spot to give, but Hitchcock did it... He busted us...