Mkb wwyd #4

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
From my match tonight.

Cue ball is currently on same side as your pocket.

You need one and your opponent needs 2.

Wwyd!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389941719.532924.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389941737.548803.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389941737.548803.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 0

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
From
Chandler, Tx.
I would bank the 4 into the 10 to move the balls to my side, may get lucky and make the 10. Hit it just hard enough to leave the 10 close to my pocket. This is so obvious, I guess it is the wrong shot to hit.--Smitty

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Mkb wwyd #4

I would bank the 4 into the 10 to move the balls to my side, may get lucky and make the 10. Hit it just hard enough to leave the 10 close to my pocket. This is so obvious, I guess it is the wrong shot to hit.--Smitty

Where would you leave the cue if you took this shot? Is it worth going for that (not high % shot) and having a good chance on leaving a bank if you don't make it? Again, you need 1, he needs 2.

That is what I did btw Smitty. But I was worried about leaving him a bank, and I'm the end I did. Just wanted to know if you guys would have played it differently.

Last edited:

tylerdurden

Verified Member
The way I see this, I guess it depends on how you and your opponent play, but the score is effectively tied right now the way the balls lay. That is, anybody who makes a ball will probably win. That is why smitty shot is not bad imo; you're moving 2 to your side, and he will have to make a bank (if he gets one) and get on a ball. He is talking about putting the white up by the side, that is how I would shoot it anyway. I am sure he will get heckled for that shot, but it is not bad :) Plus, it never gets mentioned in here, but it may be worth it to put a little scare in your opponent at times, even if it is the wrong shot. If your opponent thinks you will never shoot at anything, he'll be playing a lot better.

What I would do here is come off that 5 and try to wedge behind the 10.

Last edited:

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I like banking the ten to my side and rollin' whitey below the four. Try and utilize the spotted ball to block opponent from hitting the ten. The four will be easy to remove next shot, and gives you a possible bank JIC.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I like banking the ten to my side and rollin' whitey below the four. Try and utilize the spotted ball to block opponent from hitting the ten. The four will be easy to remove next shot, and gives you a possible bank JIC.

I guess you did learn a few things off of those couple visits to Bensingers.:lol

Beard

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
From
Chandler, Tx.
What I was thinking was to hit the 4 headon to hit the 10 and move balls to my side holding the CB right were the 4 is now. If I left him a shot it would most likely be in a double kiss lineup. I do go along with the thinking that you have to try and win at some point.---Smitty

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Mkb wwyd #4

What I was thinking was to hit the 4 headon to hit the 10 and move balls to my side holding the CB right were the 4 is now. If I left him a shot it would most likely be in a double kiss lineup. I do go along with the thinking that you have to try and win at some point.---Smitty

Lol. I agree Smitty. That's the exact shot I took. But, since I wasn't sure, I thought I would confirm here. Thanks for that.

8andout

Verified Member

what am i missing here? i don't understand this shot.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I'd bank the 4 ball two rails and hope to hit the middle or top of the 10 ball.
I'd draw the CB to the other end of the table. If the 10 ball comes back across the table I'd rack'em up and play another game. :eek:
Rod.

tucson9ball

Verified Member
From
Tucson Arizona

I like this option also. Send the 10 ball two rails up table and putting the cue ball behind the 4 ball.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Shot

Shot

This is a shot that you need to know and become comfortable with. The ten is going down table and your opponent has to go on defense.

A variation of this shot often comes up banking a ball off the long rail on your opponents side and force following the cue ball down by the pocket, many times turning the game around.

Remember one of the Golden Rules, often quoted by The Beard, when you only need one ball, NEVER leave a shot you can lose the game on. I know, sometimes easier said than done, but you get the idea behind this.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
This is a shot that you need to know and become comfortable with. The ten is going down table and your opponent has to go on defense.

A variation of this shot often comes up banking a ball off the long rail on your opponents side and force following the cue ball down by the pocket, many times turning the game around.

Remember one of the Golden Rules, often quoted by The Beard, when you only need one ball, NEVER leave a shot you can lose the game on. I know, sometimes easier said than done, but you get the idea behind this.

oK, oK, I promise not to rough hustle you any more. (Although that is as good as advice as a one pocket player can ever get.)

Beard

8andout

Verified Member
what about banking the 5 into my hole? maybe leave him straight in on the 4.