Members Only Tournament: date & location nominations

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I'm hearing Memphis is ready to roll the first week in November. The prior MOT's there have been considered "regional" with maybe a 24 player max -- although one pocket guy said 32 player limit this year
Andy has allowed me to announce a Onepocket.org members only tournament for 11/4-11/7.

11/4 One Ball One Pocket Mini (unsure on entry at this time. Thinking 50.00 but will entertain other figures)
11/5 One Pocket Main Event starting at High Noon
100.00 entry 25 green fee with 1000.00 added with full field of 32 for Main Event

. Would we have enough interest to fill Memphis and hold a 32 player MOT in September??

one pocket guy

Verified Member
From
Arkansas (near Memphis Tn)
I'm hearing Memphis is ready to roll the first week in November. The prior MOT's there have been considered "regional" with maybe a 24 player max -- although one pocket guy said 32 player limit this year

. Would we have enough interest to fill Memphis and hold a 32 player MOT in September??
I think Andy’s got a lot going on in September October hence the early November date mentioned but I can ask.
I personally think it’s too miserable here in September. It would need to be late in the month

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Lol, didn't get it.

Like I said, it didn't come off.

A long time ago I played at rooms with first generation, or at least older Diamonds with the pedestal legs. We always referred to these as "Diamond Gold Crowns." I'm thinking that reference was not as wide spread as I thought.

Lou Figueroa
bada bing

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I think Andy’s got a lot going on in September October hence the early November date mentioned but I can ask.
I personally think it’s too miserable here in September. It would need to be late in the month
I think what Steve was asking is could we do both? Do we have enough interest to fill Memphis in November AND have a 32 man MOT in September somewhere else. ICBW and correct me if I am please!

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
For those of you who don't know... the problem with summer scheduling at Southaven is the air conditioning there would have a hard time keeping up with a full room in summer. September is still hot in this area. They don't want us to be hot and miserable. They are thinking more about our comfort than their bottom line.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
For those of you who don't know... the problem with summer scheduling at Southaven is the air conditioning there would have a hard time keeping up with a full room in summer. September is still hot in this area. They don't want us to be hot and miserable. They are thinking more about our comfort than their bottom line.
their consideration for our comfort is appreciated

one pocket guy

Verified Member
From
Arkansas (near Memphis Tn)
Andy and I feel a 32 player field could be reached due to members already here. 5 off top of my head and many
Honorary Local Members that have came in the past.

LS John you better make an appearance this time~T

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I think what Steve was asking is could we do both? Do we have enough interest to fill Memphis in November AND have a 32 man MOT in September somewhere else. ICBW and correct me if I am please!
Thank you for correctly interpreting for me cincy -- yes, that is what I meant! 2021 needs to be a makeup year for the lost 2020 :) So an MOT somewhere like Michael's, Lacy's, Q-Master, Chris's, Mazin's, CA, etc in September would be great, followed by another MOT in Memphis in November -- I love the idea!!

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Thank you for correctly interpreting for me cincy -- yes, that is what I meant! 2021 needs to be a makeup year for the lost 2020 :) So an MOT somewhere like Michael's, Lacy's, Q-Master, Chris's, Mazin's, CA, etc in September would be great, followed by another MOT in Memphis in November -- I love the idea!!
Steve, we're going to have to start calling you "Road man"...😄

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Just my 2 cents...I'm not a fan of both Sept and November, since we have a sure thing in November, that would be my choice. Path of least resistance. No need to make up something that has been cancelled no fault of our own.

Reactions: lll

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
After thinking on this a while I'm for a new venue for the MOT. Originally it was planned as a way to recruit new members while visiting new rooms type event when this was all started. Michaels seems to be a convenient location where its drivable to quite a few players like our large Chicago and midwest contingent. Heck, we might even get Cincy to show up.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
After thinking on this a while I'm for a new venue for the MOT. Originally it was planned as a way to recruit new members while visiting new rooms type event when this was all started. Michaels seems to be a convenient location where its drivable to quite a few players like our large Chicago and midwest contingent. Heck, we might even get Cincy to show up.
lol...

I would love to go wherever it is and I am not saying I can't go but it might not work out for me. If it's at Michael's of course I would go but I don't think he has even gotten back to Mark yet (he hasnt gotten back to me). I would also love to go to Memphis in November if at all possible.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
lol...

I would love to go wherever it is and I am not saying I can't go but it might not work out for me. If it's at Michael's of course I would go but I don't think he has even gotten back to Mark yet (he hasnt gotten back to me). I would also love to go to Memphis in November if at all possible.
There you go... If its at Michaels you will come...lol