youngstown

Verified Member
Mark Tadd vs Donnie Anderson....1993 LA Open bank pool finals

Awesome thx

poolisboring

Verified Member
From
toledo
wow, thanks!! what a treat! anybody ever notice how fast donnie gets down on those long straight backs? he loves those things!! looks like tadd won the banks and 9 ball and took second behind cookie monster in op--didnt know tadd was that good - great player for sure

Last edited:

El Chapo

Verified Member
That third game where Tadd needs all five and gets them in an inning is insane. I was sad to see him scratch nit really a bad roll but you just don't see pool like that often.

What is the history behind the short rack breaking in this game? We're other players breaking them open hard like tadd at this time, or was it only him. It clearly seemed to be an advantage for him.

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Donnie was a treat to watch play and what a great player he was...

Also, he is one of the 3 players remembered as the "Cincinnati Kid". The other 2 were Joey Spaeth and Don Willis. There has always been controversy on who the real Cincinnati Kid was...

Not to be confused with me: cincy_kid. I use a "y" and try to use an underscore in all of my usernames that I have across the web. And actually I picked this name before I even knew there was a "Cincinnati Kid" in the pool world. I think the only time I ever heard the name was in the old McQueen movie. Years later I heard about the 3 gentlemen above who adopted the name.

Grayback1973

Verified Member
That third game where Tadd needs all five and gets them in an inning is insane. I was sad to see him scratch nit really a bad roll but you just don't see pool like that often.

What is the history behind the short rack breaking in this game? We're other players breaking them open hard like tadd at this time, or was it only him. It clearly seemed to be an advantage for him.
Tadd was a great breaker in all games and used it to his advantage.He was very offensive minded and again used it to his advantage,There are no right or wrongs in the game.Just what works for people.Jose Parica would often soft break in bank games.Just the way he felt comfortable playing.There is a guy in Chicago here who plays lights out banks.He is not defensive at all and plays with no fear,so he always breaks them wide open hoping to get a shot cause he knows he'll run 4 or 5 and get into his opponents mind.

Last edited:

poolisboring

Verified Member
From
toledo
Tadd was a great breaker in all games and used it to his advantage.He was very offensive minded and again used it to his advantage,There are no right or wrongs in the game.Just what works for people.Jose Parica would often soft break in bank games.Just the way he felt comfortable playing.There is a guy in Chicago here who plays lights out banks.He is not defensive at all and plays with no fear,so he always breaks them wide open hoping to get a shot cause he knows he'll run 4 or 5 and get into his opponents mind.
you got to be talking about piggy.....

Grayback1973

Verified Member
Probably not...he's probably talking about Mark Jarvis or Neal Jacobs - they both bank even with Pig, and they both fire away - Pig plays smarter.
Well done,I was talking about Neal.When he's on he can play with anybody.One of the best bankers I've ever seen and I've been around the game for 25 years.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Well done,I was talking about Neal.When he's on he can play with anybody.One of the best bankers I've ever seen and I've been around the game for 25 years.

Yeah, I've known Neal since he was 14 years old and his father first started bringing him to Chris's Billiards here in Chicago...matter of fact I played Neal some One Pocket just last week - needless to say, my game plan when I play that young gun is to leave him no banks, except for really tough ones that have a sellout penalty included if he misses ;)

He and Chris Gentile gamble regularly at Chris's, playing $50 a game even banks - they go back and forth.

- Ghost

Grayback1973

Verified Member
Yeah, I've known Neal since he was 14 years old and his father first started bringing him to Chris's Billiards here in Chicago...matter of fact I played Neal some One Pocket just last week - needless to say, my game plan when I play that young gun is to leave him no banks, except for really tough ones that have a sellout penalty included if he misses ;)

He and Chris Gentile gamble regularly at Chris's, playing $50 a game even banks - they go back and forth.

- Ghost
His one pocket game is not all that great.He doesn't have the patience required.If you don't leave him banks and move solidly chances are you'll beat him.I hardly play at all anymore,maybe 3 tournaments a year max and I beat him pretty easily in the last one.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
His one pocket game is not all that great.He doesn't have the patience required.If you don't leave him banks and move solidly chances are you'll beat him.I hardly play at all anymore,maybe 3 tournaments a year max and I beat him pretty easily in the last one.

Correct...but he has gotten a little more patient now - as most young guys eventually learn they must do.