Local Perspective

one pocket guy

Verified Member
From
Arkansas (near Memphis Tn)
I really enjoyed see you guys again and meeting new friends.
My first day started Tues when I met Kentucky/Bob Meyers( inside joke ).
He came in and grabbed a table and we went at it for several hours till I had to go home for the early work day. I managed a few games ahead.

Day two right back to war with Bill and I wasn’t as lucky. Well I was in that he wanted to quit a few games ahead to go eat dinner with Col and Jason. Boy Bill can play when he feels it.

Thurs I got to play Warren about 6 or 8 games cheap and what a treat! If Warren lived around here I would get on his nerves hanging around him. Very Funny and friendly. Broke even again.

Fri. In the Tourney I draw Lou. What I nice guy and very solid player. I had the nerves of playing a seasoned player and made a few mistakes the first two games and recovered to win the third and losing the fourth down to the last ball on the table.

Sat I get the honor of playin the lovely Jeanne. Fellas don’t leave her a shot! I squeaked by in a hill hill thriller and received a big hug to calm my nerves.
If she keeps at it I think she will surprise a few in coming tournaments.
Next was Warren. It was as Mich says a blur. 2/0 in a matter of a few minutes.

One of the highlights of the week for me was the Sherlock Holmes dinners I had with first Jason Moran and then with Tom, Lou, Jason ,Billie, and Robert. I hope I didn’t bore them with my fast talking.

I’d like to see a full 32 in the fall Brawl. That would be fun!
~T

1 HOLE NUT

Verified Member
From
Biloxi, Ms.
"One of the highlights of the week for me was the Sherlock Holmes dinners I had with first Jason Moran and then with Tom, Lou, Jason ,Billie, and Robert. I hope I didn’t bore them with my fast talking."

Bill Rowsey, Rosie, Jason Evans, Blake Todd, Nic Vita, Kenny Loftis, i have heard these names for as long as i can remember when people talk about pool and One Pocket in North Ms. and i have played just about all of them and there reputations are legendary and spot on but none of them have that gift of gab quite like "one pocket guy". Mr. Todd gets a few Sweet teas and biscuits in him and it is hard to get a word in, it so and so gives so and so this, and so and so can't beat so and so, its like the little spot book for Southhaven/Memphis that ever road player needs. :heh:heh
Next time im up there im taking you to Outback, my treat;);)

Really though i have always wanted to go up there and gamble with those guys, and never got up there for some reason, and i'm kinda glad because they are all solid players that would have no doubt kept me busted, but i'm older, wiser, FATTER, and am happy that i can go up there with the mind set to yes gamble fairly, but mainly to enjoy the great pool environment, as well as make friends with them win or lose, great group of guys up there that will also bust you if you let them, what more could you ask for in pool.

lfigueroa

Verified Member
I really enjoyed see you guys again and meeting new friends.
My first day started Tues when I met Kentucky/Bob Meyers( inside joke ).
He came in and grabbed a table and we went at it for several hours till I had to go home for the early work day. I managed a few games ahead.

Day two right back to war with Bill and I wasn’t as lucky. Well I was in that he wanted to quit a few games ahead to go eat dinner with Col and Jason. Boy Bill can play when he feels it.

Thurs I got to play Warren about 6 or 8 games cheap and what a treat! If Warren lived around here I would get on his nerves hanging around him. Very Funny and friendly. Broke even again.

Fri. In the Tourney I draw Lou. What I nice guy and very solid player. I had the nerves of playing a seasoned player and made a few mistakes the first two games and recovered to win the third and losing the fourth down to the last ball on the table.

Sat I get the honor of playin the lovely Jeanne. Fellas don’t leave her a shot! I squeaked by in a hill hill thriller and received a big hug to calm my nerves.
If she keeps at it I think she will surprise a few in coming tournaments.
Next was Warren. It was as Mich says a blur. 2/0 in a matter of a few minutes.

One of the highlights of the week for me was the Sherlock Holmes dinners I had with first Jason Moran and then with Tom, Lou, Jason ,Billie, and Robert. I hope I didn’t bore them with my fast talking.

I’d like to see a full 32 in the fall Brawl. That would be fun!
~T

Nice write up Todd.

You don't give yourself enough credit though. You a tough competitor and a few rolls the other way would have changed things. I look forward to seeing you again.

Lou Figueroa

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
always good to see you todd! enjoyed chatting with joe kerley and johnny willis as well.

and that rowsey character......forghettaboutit…..as gregarious host that there is.....

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Local Perspective

Todd it was a pleasure to see you again man!!!! I hope that you do end up coming to Philly!

one pocket guy

Verified Member
From
"One of the highlights of the week for me was the Sherlock Holmes dinners I had with first Jason Moran and then with Tom, Lou, Jason ,Billie, and Robert. I hope I didn’t bore them with my fast talking."

Bill Rowsey, Rosie, Jason Evans, Blake Todd, Nic Vita, Kenny Loftis, i have heard these names for as long as i can remember when people talk about pool and One Pocket in North Ms. and i have played just about all of them and there reputations are legendary and spot on but none of them have that gift of gab quite like "one pocket guy". Mr. Todd gets a few Sweet teas and biscuits in him and it is hard to get a word in, it so and so gives so and so this, and so and so can't beat so and so, its like the little spot book for Southhaven/Memphis that ever road player needs. :heh:heh
Next time im up there im taking you to Outback, my treat;);)

Really though i have always wanted to go up there and gamble with those guys, and never got up there for some reason, and i'm kinda glad because they are all solid players that would have no doubt kept me busted, but i'm older, wiser, FATTER, and am happy that i can go up there with the mind set to yes gamble fairly, but mainly to enjoy the great pool environment, as well as make friends with them win or lose, great group of guys up there that will also bust you if you let them, what more could you ask for in pool.
Boy Rowsey was hot at me.
You fell for the oldest trick in the book! And you went out with em again to spill the beans! I replied Bill they had to buy dinner again, I told there was more.:lol:heh

Seriously Jason if we lived close by I think we could be good friends. I really enjoyed your stories and getting to know you. You’d fit in real good at that poolroom. See you next time~T

one pocket guy

Verified Member
From
always good to see you todd! enjoyed chatting with joe kerley and johnny willis as well.

and that rowsey character......forghettaboutit…..as gregarious host that there is.....

Yeah me too Dustin.

Rowsey hasn’t stopped smiling since y’all left. He loves each and every one of you guys. He can’t wait for Philly.
~T

one pocket guy

Verified Member
From
nice write up todd
see you in philly
Thanks Larry, I don’t know if I can make it. June is one of my busiest months in my business. I’m still leaving it up in the air if have a chance.

Mitch and Rowsey are ragging on me to come. So I might if possible.
Sure would like to. It would be worth the trip just to meet you!
Take care~T

1 HOLE NUT

Verified Member
From
Biloxi, Ms.
Seriously Jason if we lived close by I think we could be good friends. I really enjoyed your stories and getting to know you. You’d fit in real good at that poolroom. See you next time

I know for sure we would be close, your a good guy, see ya next time.