The Ghost in Action - Live Stream from Red Shoes

The Ghost in Action - Live Stream from Red Shoes

The Ghost is playing John Lavin.

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
The first game (as usual) I was near helpless. Happens every day. 1st game helpless. 2nd game a little better. 3rd game starting to come around and that is when everybody quits. So the best I can do is be 1 game winner or loser. The guy I played yesterday tricked me and didnt let me play the 3rd game. I tricked him by getting in stroke for the 2nd game!

Beard

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
To Luke,
Hey Luke, if you can post up that last shot against John Lavin. I'm still wondering how I would have shot it. It comes up a lot and is very tricky to negotiate. Let's see what the boys would do.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
To Luke,
Hey Luke, if you can post up that last shot against John Lavin. I'm still wondering how I would have shot it. It comes up a lot and is very tricky to negotiate. Let's see what the boys would do.

Petie, are you talking about the spot shot from off the head rail?

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
The first game (as usual) I was near helpless. Happens every day. 1st game helpless. 2nd game a little better. 3rd game starting to come around and that is when everybody quits. So the best I can do is be 1 game winner or loser. The guy I played yesterday tricked me and didnt let me play the 3rd game. I tricked him by getting in stroke for the 2nd game!

Beard
Why didn't you really trick him and practice 30 minutes at home before going to Red Shoes, that way you would be in stroke for the 1st. game.:frus Do I have to tell you everything...Jeez!! By the way i'm 1/3 of the way through The "Encyclopedia" of Pool Hustlers, and I must admit your recollection of characters is spot on. Thanks for bringing me back through the good old days, and what else is great is I still have 2/3 of the book yet to read.:D

Dr. Bill

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA

Beard

I promise to play four games of short rack when I am there. Then you can win two.:D

I would rather have a root canal than play full rack.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I call out "tails" as I'm coming in the door to the poolroom..:heh..and I have no table at home..I play once a week..and just like the "Phoenix Foul" :sorry I mean the "Phoenix Fowl" :D..I never practice.

- Ghost

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Petie, are you talking about the spot shot from off the head rail?

Ya, that's it. there was a ball in John's pocket a little bit away and at a tricky angle and a ball on the spot. It was very tricky. Some guys think that all spot shots are gimme's but I don't. They can be missed and I don't think it is automatic that you should go for them.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Ya, that's it. there was a ball in John's pocket a little bit away and at a tricky angle and a ball on the spot. It was very tricky. Some guys think that all spot shots are gimme's but I don't. They can be missed and I don't think it is automatic that you should go for them.

Petie...all spot shots, really?...I don't think that even Shane would think that shooting the spot shot off of the head rail is a gimme...:heh...

I'll try and see if I can 'rube goldberg-it-up' later, but unfortunately all of that shot-screen software implementing is not in my current skill set...:cool:

- Ghost

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Petie...all spot shots, really?...I don't think that even Shane would think that shooting the spot shot off of the head rail is a gimme...:heh...

I'll try and see if I can 'rube goldberg-it-up' later, but unfortunately all of that shot-screen software implementing is not in my current skill set...:cool:

- Ghost

I think the shot was ok. You just hit it a bit too soft. Another three inche of roll on the cue ball and he has no shot.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I think the shot was ok. You just hit it a bit too soft. Another three inches of roll on the cue ball and he has no shot.

Yeah Frank..and shooting off the rail to 7-8 feet away has never been one of my favorite shots either - and especially when I've already been playing for 5-1/2 hours :frus...

...hopefully John won't leave me down there too much..:D

- Ghost