Justin Hall VS Chip Compton ~ Feburary 2nd & 3rd, 2022 ~ Playing Even ~ Race to 15 for 20k in the middle

Who's Going to get the cheddar

• Total voters

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Not really. Chip will win easily, IMO. Justin and Louisiana means some late nights.

Reactions: lll

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Just out of curiosity, in your opinion, if they were both in their best forms (of today) with no distractions / late nights, does Chip still win?
Just out of curiosity, in your opinion, if they were both in their best forms (of today) with no distractions / late nights, does Chip still win?
Justin has great talent, but little will. He is lazy, but gifted. When it is all running good, he can beat anyone. Figuring out when that mixture is right is witchcraft. Chip at 33 is more consistent. So I bet on the more consistent player. I could be wrong and have lost a lot betting against Justin. But I have won more. And everyone who bets on Justin knows exactly what I am saying. Both are good guys and both will try.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Justin was in the winner's side of Buffalos Pro Classic last year. He was set to play at 10 am the next day. If he wins, he's in the money, which paid a minimum of $10,000 in the tournament and $10,000 in the calcutta. I had him in the calcutta and urged him to get some sleep. "I'm testing myself", was his reply, meaning he wanted to see how late he could stay up and drink and still win the next match in the morning. He won the next morning, and later came in third. He's different.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Justin was in the winner's side of Buffalos Pro Classic last year. He was set to play at 10 am the next day. If he wins, he's in the money, which paid a minimum of $10,000 in the tournament and $10,000 in the calcutta. I had him in the calcutta and urged him to get some sleep. "I'm testing myself", was his reply, meaning he wanted to see how late he could stay up and drink and still win the next match in the morning. He won the next morning, and later came in third. He's different.
If Justin plays like he did last year at Buffalo's, then Chip has his hands full. I agree, Chip is much more consistent. He's also been playing better and better, and taking on better players in these challenge matches.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Pardon my suspicious nature and tendency to cynicism, but has anyone hinted at the specter of "business"? These two are reportedly good friends, so a questioning mind might wonder...:cautious: I recall that there was always chatter when two Filipinos played heads up. At the least, one might expect a chop.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
There was a whole group who all played the midwest tournaments at one time. Chip/Joey always sold as one player in the auctions and Hall always traveled with Richie because they were homies too.
Always a chance for business depending on backers, players and amount of money. Thats why I always bet small...

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Regarding "business": These guys are friends, and a $15,000 bet is a small one these days. They both want to win, and Romero is JHall's number One stake horse. When Romero makes a score playing pool, he sends Justin money as a jelly roll. JHall told me that in 2020, his jelly from Romero's wins was over $50K. Who would mess that up? Most of the great players will be there to watch and the match is streamed from his backer's home town. I am not green enough to believe business doesn't happen any more, but I don't think so in this match. Too many eyes on it and Chip, who is the favorite, wants to be the best. He'll play hard for his money. Chip is also making good money these days with his backer. JHall also wants to win in his home court. Think of the numbers. 40% of 15k is $6K. Then you split with the other player. It's 3K. Doesn't make any sense at all.

Last edited: